Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Phone:(814) 332-6046 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unusual Combinations: Flutist / Golfer / Cake Decorator
Linda has made college admissions her career of choice for the past 25 years. She credits this choice to the wonderful role models in the profession she has had along the way in addition to the rewarding experiences her work provides as she interacts with the high school students she serves.
The unusual combinations theme is embraced by Linda. During Linda’s high school years, her involvement in band was her passion. She has enjoyed returning to her alma mater to attend her alumni marching band festivals. Over 250 alums from the 1950s to present day participated in 2010 in front of over 5,000 spectators! Linda reported recalling some of her previously memorized songs. Although she doesn’t regularly play, she has, on occasion, picked up her flute while her children were learning their instruments.
Linda did not play sports in high school, but she has passionately followed sports throughout her life. She took up golf during her adult life and hopes to get back into a league so she can play more regularly. For now, she enjoys an occasional nine holes with her husband and sons at the many public courses in the Meadville area. Linda has enjoyed cheering for her children in all of the sports in which they have participated but basketball and volleyball have remained favorites!
Linda has always enjoyed decorating cakes for family milestones, but lately her son has taken over those honors. (He may just be the next “great baker!”) It’s still fun to jointly engage in this activity with family!
- Pittsburgh, PA
- New Mexico
Travel calendars are updated daily.
Tips for Future Allegheny Students
- As you move through the college search process, remember to relax, be honest, be responsible and be yourself. If you do this, you will find your “right-fit” college. Once here, applying this same advice will help you to be happy, confident and successful.
- Trust your instincts! They are usually correct.
- Be open-minded! Venture out of your comfort zone a bit and you will discover amazing rewards.
- Value the people you will meet across campus. Whether they are the same or different from you, these relationships and connections will assist you in growing as an individual. You will take these lessons with you forever.
Fun Facts About Linda
- Favorite books:
The Christmas Box Collection by Richard Paul Evans (The Christmas Box, Timepiece and The Letter) and The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- Favorite movies:
To Kill a Mockingbird, Remember the Titans, Baby Boom
- Favorite music:
Soft Jazz and Country, particularly The Zac Brown Band, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley
- Favorite food:
Anything on the grill and anything chocolate
- Favorite vacation destinations
Disney World, Orlando, FL and Myrtle Beach, SC
- Favorite Quotes
“The time is always right to do what is right.” (MLK Jr.), “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” (Walter Winchell), “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit” (Harry S. Truman)
- Favorite recent family service activity:
Volunteering at the Family and Community Christian Association to help provide meals to those in the community during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. On Christmas Day we delivered meals to home bound members of the community which was a wonderful experience!