Senior Assistant Director of Admissions and Transfer Admissions Coordinator
Phone:(814) 332-4737 | Email: email@example.com
Unusual Combinations: Runner / Jigsaw Puzzler / Chick-lit Reader
Rachel is a 2007 graduate of Mount Holyoke College, where she completed a self-designed major combining Gender Studies and Psychology. As a student, she enjoyed working in Admissions, conducting independent research, and keeping active with religious life. Rachel also captained the Lyons’ cross-country and track teams during her tenure at MHC.
Since moving to Meadville after graduation, Rachel still enjoys lacing up her running shoes. She completed her first marathon in the fall of 2010, continuing her 15-year running career. Aside from running, Rachel also enjoys international travel, outdoor adventures, wine tasting, and reading “Chick-Literature,” a passion discovered through a college research project which examined the genre as a vehicle for female self-expression. She also volunteers with the International Order of Rainbow for Girls, an international service-oriented youth group for girls.
Rachel joined the Allegheny College Admissions Team in the summer of 2007, biding time to discover her true passion. Years later, she’s realized that helping students navigate the college search process is the right fit for her!
Rachel’s Favorite Photos
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Home schooled students
- Transfer students
Travel calendars are updated daily.
Tips for Future Allegheny Students
- College is all about YOU! It is a time to fully explore your interests, skills and talents and define yourself. Take classes that sound interesting and exciting; get involved with clubs and organizations; and try one new experience each semester. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of students who will challenge you, support you and connect with you. Let them.
- Take advantage of the ACCEL Office to help you connect the dots of your Allegheny experience. ACCEL will help you translate the theory and knowledge you gain inside the classroom into applicable experience through hands-on learning like community service, study abroad, internships. To quote Jim Fitch, “Don’t wait to be great!”
- The college search is about finding the “right fit” for YOU. As long as you consider and apply only to colleges that you love, you can’t make a “wrong” decision.
Fun Facts About Rachel
- Rachel loves animals. She adopted a rescue cat from Hurricane Ike in 2009. The cat’s name is Mallory…no relation.
- Rachel’s favorite way to unwind is to tackle a challenging jigsaw puzzle – she loves putting the pieces together!
- Rachel is the Athletics Liaison for Admissions at Allegheny College.
- She is a very proud West Virginian
- Favorite Book: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Favorite Quote: “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.” –Unknown
- Favorite sports team: Boston Red Sox