Alyssa Schneider ’16

Major: Psychology
Minor: Biology

schneidera@allegheny.edu

Hometown:
Lakewood, Colorado

College Search Advice:
I wish that someone would have told me that it does not matter how well-known or how popular the school is. If you think a school is the right fit for you and somewhere you could see yourself, then that is almost always the right school for you.

A Favorite Allegheny Memory:
I have always loved theater and acting. When I came to Allegheny, I decided within the first few weeks to audition for the Playshop Theatre production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. When I arrived for the audition, I found the people to be friendly and welcoming, which made the audition process much more relaxing and fun. I experienced that through callbacks and, when I was selected to be in the play, I experienced that same feeling of warmth and kindness throughout the entire process of rehearsals and performances. I have found this to be true for all of Allegheny. The people here really do make you feel welcome.

Favorite Place On Campus:
The Vukovich Center

Research:
I helped a senior with their comp, which studied the verbal behavior of small children. I am currently about to start an independent study within the Psychology department.

Why I Came to Allegheny:
I chose Allegheny because the professors had the highest degree in their field. Also, I loved the idea of Unusual Combinations because I have a variety of interests ranging from Psychology to theatre and even Biology. I also felt that it was not only easy, but encouraged to get involved with various campus activities and groups.

Tip
Add to Your Bucket List
  • Explore the Local Restaurants in Meadville
  • Go to the Chanukah Celebration that Hillel has in the Campus Center
  • An Improv Show at Grounds For Change
  • One of the Late-Night/Parent Weekend Events
  • Go to a Rugby Game