Carolyn Shetter

Admissions Counselor

Phone:(814) 332-4732 | Email:cshetter@allegheny.edu
Unusual Combinations: EDM Expert / Flannel Fanatic / Fried Avocado Taco Fiend

Carolyn graduated in 2014 with Bachelor of Science in chemistry and a Spanish minor. While she was a student she was involved in a variety of activities ranging from varsity tennis, independent research in the chemistry department, participating in Service Saturdays, or attending Spanish table to brush up on her skills. Her unusual combinations have led her down a path she didn’t expect, and she found her passion for college access while working as an AmeriCorps State Member in Austin, Texas, which lead her back to the swamp to work as an Admissions Counselor.

When Carolyn isn’t working at 454 House you can find her listening to music, smacking golf balls at the driving range, or enjoying Hank’s Frozen Custard. She is an avid outdoor adventurer, and her favorite place to hike in Pennsylvania is McConnell’s Mills, close to her hometown of Butler, PA.

Carolyn’s Favorite Photos

IMG_20160603_192722

climbing

Resized_20160122_125541

Carolyn’s Territories

• Alabama
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Maryland
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington DC

Travel Schedule

Travel calendars are updated daily.

Tips for Future Allegheny Students

• Don’t be afraid to approach your professors with anything. They are here to help you, and they genuinely love doing it!
  • Embrace the spirit of Allegheny and do things that scare you or that are out of your comfort zone. Take different classes, join clubs you are interested in, meet new people and learn about yourself.
  • Make time for yourself and for fun! Academics are important, but they are not the only part of the Allegheny College equation.
  • McKinley’s has the best grilled cheese I have ever eaten, so if you like melted cheese on bread give it a try. I like sweet and salty combinations, so maybe have it with apple juice or gatorade if that sounds like your thing.

Fun Facts About Carolyn

• When I lived in Austin I had an allergic reaction at the Austin City Limits Music Festival, so I only got to be at the festival for ten minutes before I went to the medical tent.
  • I became interested in science when I was young because I was born with a metabollic disorder called phenylketonuria, and I was obsessed with learning as much about it as possible.
  • I love electronic dance music, but I have only ever been to one show. Weird, right?
  • I accidentally saw Wynonna Judd live at South By Southwest Music Festival in Austin, Texas. It was right after I watched Bridesmaids (she appears as a painting in the movie), so it was VERY surreal.