Emma Grossman ’17

Major: Psychology
Minor: Studio Art

grossmane@allegheny.edu

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

College Search Advice:
I wish someone had told me to be open-minded to new things and reach out. When I arrived at Allegheny, there were so many things I wanted to do but was too shy to do them. However, I have found multiple organizations in which I am involved in now. I just wish I had done it sooner!

A Favorite Allegheny Memory:
I was struggling with a class my first semester of freshman year and became very nervous. I had emailed my advisor and asked her if we could sit down together and map out the rest of my academic career at Allegheny College, which is quite tedious. She sat with me for about an hour helping me with my plan at Allegheny. I feel this is a major reflection of the fact that the faculty WANTS you to succeed at this school and will do their best to help you in any way possible.

Favorite Place On Campus:
Pelletier Library

Why I Came to Allegheny:
I chose Allegheny College because as soon as I visited, I knew it was where I belonged. I got to speak with various students, all very passionate about their education and confident in the school’s ability to provide them with quality education and resources. Along with education, the general feeling I got when I stepped on campus was very welcoming. I was pleasantly surprised when I started my first few days of college and I was already saying hello to people around campus!

Tip
Add to Your Bucket List
  • The 13th Plank
  • Woodcock Dam
  • Late Night Activities in the Campus Center
  • Open Mic Nights in Grounds For Change
  • Take Advantage of the Learning Commons at least once