Hong-Ha Nguyen ’15

Major: English
Minor: Psychology

nguyenh@allegheny.edu

Hometown:
Pittsburgh, PA

College Search Advice:
It’s your choice and your choice, alone. Yes, family will play a big role in such a huge decision like picking college, but ultimately, you are in charge of the course of your future.

A Favorite Allegheny Memory:
It’s hard to describe only one experience, but I never expected the kindness and overall amazing and comforting interaction between me and my professors, especially in the English Department. I’m never a number and I know I could always count on them for support and advice when/if needed.

Favorite Place On Campus:
The Oddfellows Building

Research:
I’ve never formally conducted summer research under a professor, but in general, the research for final papers are extremely tough if you don’t know what kind of resources Allegheny has to offer. The biggest is the Library/Learning Commons. If it weren’t for writing consultants or reference librarians, we wouldn’t have the aid that can help kickstart our research. Also, the professors have their office doors open whenever students are struggling. I struggled a lot with my 201 seminar and I frequently visited my professor for help, which she gave me. Advice from me is just don’t be afraid to ask for help and to seek help.

Why I Chose Allegheny:
My sister went here, but I also liked how small the school was and when I stayed overnight, I fell in love, especially after my luncheon with Professors Ben and Susan Slote.

Tip
Add to Your Bucket List
  • Woodcock
  • Whole Darn Thing
  • Greek Run Out
  • Campus Center Events
  • Presque Isle