How To Apply – Transfer Students
- Applying for Fall semester: July 1
- Applying for Spring semester: December 1
Allegheny College will consider applicants who apply beyond the July 1 and December 1 deadline. For late applicants, however, classroom space, housing and financial aid are subject to availability.
Decision Notification: Rolling
Applicant’s acceptance of admission: date will vary depending on acceptance date, typically two to three weeks after date of acceptance
Required Forms for Transfer Students
Application items can be mailed or faxed to:
Office of Admissions
Rachel Mallory, Transfer Admissions Coordinator
520 N. Main Street
Meadville, PA 16335
Fax number: 814-337-0431
A complete transfer application file includes the following:
- Common Application | Complete Online | Download and Mail
- Allegheny Supplement | Complete Online | Download and Mail
This form provides more specific information about you and your understanding of Allegheny’s distinct qualities. Completing the Supplement thoughtfully is a great indicator of your interest in the College. You can complete the Supplement through the Common Application website.
- College Transcript
Have an official transcript of all college-level coursework mailed or faxed to the Office of Admissions. A transcript that is stamped “Issued to the Student” is not considered official. If a transcript will not be available by the application deadline, have your instructors complete the Mid-term Report (see next)
- Mid-Term Report
To be completed by your professors/instructors with current grades and returned via fax or mail
- Course Descriptions
Descriptions for all classes taken or the catalogue from each college attended is requested. Course descriptions from the online catalogue can be cut and pasted into a word document then sent via e-mail to Transfer Coordinator Rachel Mallory at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructor Evaluation or Recommendation letter from a Professor or Instructor
- College Official’s Form
This form needs to be signed by the Dean of Students, Academic Dean or Provost at your current college (the office that handles student conduct/disciplinary issues) and returned to us via fax or by mail (address is on the form).
- High School Transcript
Request that your secondary school submit an official final transcript.
- Standardized Test Scores | Submit Your SATs | Submit Your ACTs
- Merit-based scholarships up to $17,500 are available for eligible transfer students.
- Need-based financial aid is available; please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Financial aid priority dates are June 1 for Fall Semester and November 1 for Spring semester.
- Accepted students can submit the Candidate’s Reply Form and pay their deposit online here.
Phone: (800) 835-7780