- Fall semester: Apply by July 1
- Spring semester: Apply by December 1
- Decision notification: Rolling
Allegheny will consider applicants who apply beyond the July 1 and December 1 deadline. For late applicants, however, classroom space, housing and financial aid are subject to availability.
Your transfer application file is considered complete once we have received the following:
- Allegheny Application
Simply choose “New User” to begin.
- College Transcript
Have an official transcript of all college-level coursework mailed or faxed to the Office of Admissions. A transcript that is stamped “Issued to the Student” is not considered official. If a transcript will not be available by the application deadline, have your instructors complete the Mid-term Report (see next)
- Mid-Term Report
To be completed by your professors/instructors with current grades and returned via fax or mail
- Course Descriptions
Descriptions for all classes taken or the catalogue from each college attended is requested. Course descriptions from the online catalogue can be cut and pasted into a word document then sent via email to the transfer coordinator (see info at right).
- Instructor Evaluation or Recommendation letter from a Professor or Instructor
- College Official’s Form | Download and request in person (complete the top section in advance)
This form needs to be signed by the Dean of Students, Academic Dean or Provost at any current AND previously attended colleges (the office that handles student conduct/disciplinary issues) and returned to us via fax or by mail (address is on the form).
- High School Transcript
Request that your secondary school submit an official final transcript.
| Download and request in person (complete the top section in advance)
- Merit-based scholarships up to $17,500 are available for eligible transfer students.
- Need-based financial aid is available; please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Financial aid priority dates are June 1 for Fall Semester and November 1 for Spring semester.
- Accepted students can submit the Candidate’s Reply Form and pay their deposit online here.
- Questions about financial aid? firstname.lastname@example.org; (800) 835-7780