Our Volunteers

Thank you to all of our volunteers serving as Class Agents and reunion committee members! To find your class volunteers, select your class year below. If you are interested in serving Allegheny as an agent for your class, please contact a member of our staff at classagents@allegheny.edu.

2009-2013

2014

Trevor Colvin ’14  Trevor Colvin 10-15-15

colvin5753@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Financial Analyst

Campus Organizations: Varsity Football, Phi Gamma Delta, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: I take great pride in my Allegheny education. I have seen the benefit of attending such a prestigious institution in my day-to-day responsibilities. The greatest attribute that I gained at Allegheny is the ability to learn new concepts no matter how challenging they may seem. Allegheny helped mold me into the person I am today and gave me confidence for the future.

Why I give back: I give back because I know I would not have been able to attend Allegheny if it weren’t for the generous donations from alumni. I gained so much by being a student at Allegheny in regards to memories and friendships, and I want others to be able to reap all the benefits that Allegheny has to offer.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I appreciate all of the opportunities that I was afforded as an undergraduate. Being a Class Agent gives me the opportunity to continue my relationship with the College while acting as a liaison to fellow alums.

Jordan El-Sabeh ’14jordan_elsabeh 10-29-14 CROPPED

jaelsabeh@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Junior Investment Performance Associate at Cambridge Associates

Campus Organizations: Phi Gamma Delta, Economics Society

What my Allegheny education means to me: To put it simply, I cherished my time at Allegheny. Not only was I able to get what I regard as a top-of-the line education, I also became a part of an entirely new community. My college experience taught me about myself and prepared me to confidently seek out future endeavors.

Why I give back: I never would have been able to attend Allegheny if it weren’t for the donations from the alumni. Giving back to the school, regardless of the amount, helps sustain a long-lasting impact at Allegheny, and I hope future students can have the same experience as I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: As an alumnus, I feel responsible to give back. I love to reminisce with graduates about our time at Allegheny and the great opportunities our alma mater has to offer.

Michelle Holcomb ’14Michelle Holcomb 10-22-15 Cropped

holcombmb25@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Majors: Biology, Psychology

Job Title: Graduate Student (doctoral program in cognitive psychology)

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi Omega, Senior Class Gift Committee, Varsity Soccer

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has gotten me where I am today. I take pride in calling myself a Gator, and I attribute a lot of my personal growth and success to the opportunities I have received from Allegheny College.

Why I give back: Allegheny is for life. I give back because not only do I want to continue our strong college tradition of helping others, but I also want to give current and future students the opportunity to experience the immeasurable education-for-life Allegheny perspective.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want to continue my involvement within the Allegheny community. And what a better way than serving in this capacity!

Jena McKelvey ’14Jena Mckelevy 11-16-15

jena.mckelvey@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Biology

Job Title: Senior Associate

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Beta Beta Beta, Alpha Phi Omega, Volunteer at Women’s Services Inc.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny challenged me in ways that forced me to develop new, invaluable skills. During those four years, I also gained confidence and perspective that I apply every day in my personal and professional life.

Why I give back: I believe in the future of Allegheny and the larger community.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a Class Agent allows me to stay in tune with everything Allegheny. I hope to keep others informed and engaged with our alma mater. 

2013

Lauren Karl ’13

lauren.karl585@gmail.com

Current City: Norfolk, VA

Major: History

Job Title: Development Assistant

Campus Organizations:

What my Allegheny education means to me: As a student, Allegheny provided me with the opportunity to explore a wide array of interests and introduced me to an even wider array of opportunities. The broad and inclusive education I received while at Allegheny has given me not only practical tools for my professional career, but also those intangible qualities that make Allegheny students and alumni so successful and special.

Why I give back: I was the beneficiary of a scholarship during all four years that I attended Allegheny and was able to spend a summer interning in DC. These, in addition to so many other experiences, would not have been possible without the support of my fellow alumni. I give back so present and future Gators can have the same opportunities.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope that by serving as a Class Agent I can encourage my classmates to begin or continue to support the College however they are able

Max Luskin ’13

Stephanie Mancine ’13Stephanie Mancine 10-24-14 CROPPED

stephanie.m.mancine@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Business Analyst

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Senior Class Gift Committee, Pre-Law Club, Newman Club, Service Saturdays

What my Allegheny education means to me: When you have the ability to analyze, create, and envision new ideas the possibilities are endless. Allegheny College fosters and develops those skills within each student and still provides the opportunity to explore unique interests. Allegheny provided me with countless opportunities to grow intellectually and personally.

Why I give back: Allegheny helped me grow into a young professional and well-rounded person. I want to help give that opportunity to the generations to come.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I love my alma mater, and I want to help it continue to thrive!

Paul Roveda ’13

paulwroveda@gmail.com

Current City: New York, NY

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: Phi Kappa Psi, College Republicans, Senior Class Gift Committee, Varsity Tennis, Interfraternity Council, Tour Guide, The Campus

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny provided me with an alumni network of passionate graduates in diverse career fields who were willing to help me develop professionally. Their pride in Allegheny inspired me to excel in not only my academic life, but also my professional life.

Why I give back: I consider myself extremely fortunate to obtain a college degree. Receiving a degree from Allegheny helped me set myself up for success, and I only want to help others in the Allegheny community do the same.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want nothing more than to see Allegheny flourish as an academic institution.

Taisha Thomas ’13Taisha Thomas 11-11-14

taisha.thomas@gmail.com

Current City: West Babylon, NY

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Student (Master’s in Mental Health Counseling)

Campus Organizations: WARC, Phonathon, Gator Rugby,  Intramural Sports, Alpha Chi Omega

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means so much more to me than the piece of paper I have telling me I went there. It was my home for four years with friends who eventually grew to be family. Allegheny shaped who I am today and not only gave me the tools to be successful, but also taught me how to use them. I cannot thank Allegheny enough for the skills it gave me to think outside the box and look at issues from a different perspective. Allegheny turns students into social thinkers, which has given me a head up in my endeavors.

Why I give back: I give back with the hopes that a student will have amazing memories, make lasting friends, and receive a top-notch education like I did at Allegheny.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: During my time at Allegheny, I was able to reach out to many people not only in my class, but also across the community, and I want to continue those relationships.

Kaitlyn Torres ’13

2012

Emily Benner ’12

Katherine Bowser ’12

kmbowser2012@gmail.com

Current City: Bowling Green, OH

Major: Neuroscience

Job Title: Graduate Student and Assistant Director of Service-Learning at Bowling Green State University

Campus Organizations: Davies Community Service Leader, Gator Activities Programming, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: Ben Burtt ’70, distinguished Allegheny alumnus, said, “the liberal arts education I received was the ideal foundation.” I could not agree more. The beauty of a liberal arts education allowed me to explore a plethora of seemingly unrelated interests. My professors were top notch, but Allegheny takes education a step further and emphasizes experiential learning as well. The out-of-classroom experiences – Davies Leader at the Chamber of Commerce, Gator Activities Programming, the Nicaragua EL seminar and more – have afforded me invaluable skills that will last a lifetime. Allegheny doesn’t just open the door to a career; it offers students the world.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me the most meaningful and impactful four years of my life. I donate because even the smallest gifts turn into priceless experiences for the current generation of Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: We quote him often, but David Hoag ’60 really hit the nail on the head: “The only owners of Allegheny College are the alumni. There is no city, state or profession to worry about us. We are all there is. If we don’t do it, no one else will.” I serve as a Class Agent because I recognize the importance of giving, and I want others to understand that donations aid Allegheny both directly and indirectly. Dollars from donors go directly to scholarships, academic programs, campus activities, etc. What many people don’t realize, though, is that the percentage of alumni donors, regardless of the dollar amount, is extremely important to an institution. Large donors – people, foundations, corporations, etc. – often look to the percentage of donors, because high alumni involvement is indicative of a strong institution. It also plays into national rankings. It is an exciting time for Allegheny as our national visibility is continually increasing. Let’s continue strengthening our degrees by giving back to the institution that has given so much to us.

Elizabeth Deemer

Elizabeth Deemer ’12

deemer.elizabeth@gmail.com

Current City: Oil City, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Therapeutic Staff Support for North Star Behavioral Health

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega Sorority, Allegheny College Cheerleading, Student Experimental Theatre, College Democrats, Invisible Children, Young Feminists Leadership Alliance

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience was more than four years and a degree. It was an education that made me into the person I am. Everywhere I go and every conversation I participate in, I label myself as the proud graduate of one of the top liberal arts colleges in the nation. I could not be more proud to be an alumna of Allegheny College.

Why I give back: Because Allegheny gave me the tools I needed to be the best person I am today. It’s only fair that I give back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It’s not only important to encourage my own class to give back, but to create momentum to give back. As class agents we have the ability to grow this momentum, share the opportunity with our classmates and friends. Allegheny alumni have so much pride in their alma mater, and we’re here to remind them it’s time to “pay it forward” for the future of the college.

Karen Feltz ’12karen_feltz

karenefeltz@gmail.com

Current City: Phoenix, AZ

Major: Environmental Studies

Job Title: Admissions Counselor for the University of Arizona

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has prepared me for a great career. I am able to be clear and articulate in written communications and in presentations. I understand how to problem-solve in tough situations. I truly appreciate the friends and mentors I gained through my Allegheny experience.

Why I give back: I give back to allow Allegheny to provide the same world-class education to future Gators. I give back to increase Allegheny’s national prestige.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to give back to a school that gave me so much. I feel that one of the most important aspects of the Allegheny way is to pay it forward.

Robert Hippert ’12

Robert Hippert 10-9-14

robhippert@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Account Analyst

Campus Organizations: Golf Team, Phi Kappa Psi

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny provided an opportunity to learn and grow as an individual, and the platform to succeed in post-college endeavors.

Why I give back: I think it is important to continue to support the College that has given us the ability to succeed.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To help everyone understand the importance and benefit to continuing to grow the College.

Alina Meltaus ’12

alina.meltaus@gmail.com

Current City: Washington, DC

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Constituent Correspondence Manager for Senator Bob Casey

Campus Organizations: Kappa Alpha Theta, Allegheny Student Government, Office of Admissions

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny provided the perfect comforts and challenges expected of an undergraduate education; I had the freedom to pursue the subjects that were most interesting to me, but also expanded my academic horizons in ways I didn’t think possible. Beyond my education in the classroom, Allegheny gave me the skills I needed to succeed in the workplace and in life. My most valuable takeaways from my four years in Meadville were often learned in my professors’ office hours, in late-night ASG meetings or in recruitment events for Theta. Above all, I found amazing lifelong friends at Allegheny, and our shared experiences on campus built a solid foundation for our ever-growing relationships.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave more to me than a monetary donation could ever convey, but I give back because it is one of the most concrete ways that I can support the school I love. As a recent graduate, I’m using small and frequent donations as a way to ensure that our College continues to give students the same incredible experience that I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I chose to serve as a Class Agent as a way to make sure that Allegheny continues to get support from the Class of 2012 and from our alumni in general. Most of the opportunities we enjoyed at Allegheny wouldn’t have been possible without the support of alumni, so we are the newest group of former students who can help continue the legacy of excellence that Allegheny students enjoy. No donation is too small – even $5 will make a big difference. I hope to support current and future Gators however I can.

Dominic Meyer ’12Dominic Meyer 9-23-14

meyer62@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Art and Technology

Job Title: Sales Consultant

Campus Organizations: Art Club, Geology Club, Italian Club, Allegheny Student Government.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Attending Allegheny was so much more than going to lectures and taking exams. Building relationships with my classmates and professors helped me develop strong interpersonal skills. The sleepless nights while cramming for exams, attending athletic events to show school pride and taking part in extra curricular activities are all a part of the Allegheny experience. Any memory I have of Allegheny is a great one, even trudging to class in what seemed to be an arctic tundra. Times got tough, but you learned to keep your head up and to keep moving forward. If it wasn’t for my Allegheny experience I doubt that I would be the person I am today.

Why I give back: Allegheny has molded me to the young professional I am today. Rather than looking at it as a monetary donation, I view it as ensuring that Allegheny thrives. My annual contribution provides incoming students an opportunity through grants and scholarships to attend Allegheny and receive the same great education I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I chose to serve as a Class Agent because I cannot preach enough about Allegheny and how great it is. It’s a small way to show how truly appreciative I am for everything Allegheny has provided for me.

John Milligan ’12John Milligan

jam350@pitt.edu

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Chemistry

Job Title: Graduate Student

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Allegheny Christian Outreach, CHEMII

What my Allegheny education means to me: In four short years at Allegheny, I grew from a naive high school graduate with a limited scientific knowledge to a college graduate who is passionate about scientific research. You really can’t put a price tag on an experience like that: growing so rapidly under the instruction of faculty who are truly passionate about undergraduate education.

Why I give back: I was a first-generation student, thus college appeared to me as financially intimidating. If it were not for the financial aid I received, funded in part by generous alumni, I’m not sure I would have had the same Allegheny experience. I give back in the hope that I can in turn help to build a bridge for a young person in a similar position to mine.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I think that there is a misconception that only those who are well established should be donors. To the contrary, I believe that it reflects the energy and character of Allegheny when alumni of all ages give even a modest contribution. I am a Class Agent because I want to share this message with my classmates.

Bethany Silinski ’12bethany silinski

bjsilinski@gmail.com

Current City: Washington, DC

Major: Neuroscience

Job Title:  Associate Director of the CUA Fund, The Catholic University of America.

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Senior Class Gift Committee, Admissions, Phone-a-thon

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny has been included in the very influential college guidebook, Colleges That Change Lives, year after year. I can now say after spending four years at Allegheny that this title could not be more accurate. The variety of opportunities available to me inside and outside of the classroom at Allegheny helped to change my life for the better. Having received an outstanding liberal arts education, I feel that I can be successful in whatever career field I choose. Even after graduation I continue to receive support from Allegheny’s top-notch faculty and staff. Allegheny isn’t just a four-year experience; it fosters long-term relationships and opens the doors to lifelong learning and growth.

Why I give back: I want to help ensure that future students will have the same amazing opportunities that were available to me during my time at Allegheny. I am so thankful for the alumni who came before me and gave back to Allegheny, ensuring I could have the experiences that I did. I also give back to help continue Allegheny’s legacy. Strong alumni involvement is the only way to ensure that Allegheny will continue to grow.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Outside of giving back to Allegheny financially, I see serving as a Class Agent as one of the easiest ways I can give back to the school which gave me so much. I hope that by serving as a Class Agent, I can excite the alumni of the Class of 2012, as well as all GOLD alumni, and inspire them to give back to Allegheny. The only way Allegheny can continue to be the outstanding institution that it is, is through alumni support and contributions year after year.

2011 5th Reunion Committee Members

Anna Bitting ’11

annalbitting@gmail.com

Edward Blacka ’11

eablacka@gmail.com.com

Daniel Donahoe ’11

daniel.r.donahoe@gmail.com

Bethany Gigante Eppig ’11

bethany.m.g.eppig@gmail.com

Grant Fleming ’11

grantdfleming@gmail.com

Adam Lessard ’11

AdamJLessard@gmail.com

Camilo Matos ’11

somaticloam88@gmail.com

Barbara McCarthy ’11

bjmallegheny@gmail.com

Megan McNally ’11

mnmcnally22@gmail.com

Karen Meredith ’11

karenlenameredith@gmail.com

Samantha Miller ’11

millersamantha44@gmail.com

Jennifer Reinwald ’11

jennifer.reinwald@gmail.com

Samantha Schulz ’11

samantha.m.schulz14@gmail.com

Joel Trembulak ’11

trembulak.joel@gmail.com

Christine Wagner ’11

ca_wagner@me.com

2004-2008

2010

Brett Fuchs ’10Brett Fuchs

brett.fuchs@gmail.com

Current City: Marshall, MO

Major: Political Science; Values, Ethics, & Social Action

Job Title: Director of Housing & Residence Life at Missouri Valley College

Campus Organizations: ASG, Hillel, Colleges Against Cancer, Residence Life

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny has helped shape who I am today. It provided me opportunities that I never could have experienced elsewhere. I am thankful to the community that helped shape who I am today.

Why I give back: I give back with the hope that I can help current and future Alleghenians have the same life-changing, experience that I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To help keep my classmates involved in the place we once called our home away from home.

Macae Lintelman ’10macae lintelman_headshot

macaelintelman@gmail.com

Current City: New York, NY

Major: Self Designed – Professional Writing and Media Studies

Job Title: Associate Manager – Social Media and Digital Marketing, Max Brenner Chocolate International

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Allegheny Tour Guide, the Campus, Generation to Generation, America Reads, Senior Gift Committee, Allegheny Ambassadors

What my Allegheny education means to me: I was once told that, whatever I do in life, I should surround myself with smart people … who will argue with me. That’s why I went to Allegheny. At Allegheny, simple answers aren’t easily accepted. You have to rise to the occasion with each discussion, each paper, each internship. Your professors and peers test you, and pretty soon (after enough heated debates and office-hour chats) you find your insecurities fading away and your passion shining through. Each and every day, I was challenged to become my best self – and while it’s still a work-in-progress – thanks to Allegheny, I’m a whole lot closer to getting there.

Why I give back: Allegheny changed my life. The least I can do is give back a few hours of my time.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It’s a great way to stay in touch with alumni and chat about our fond and collective memories!

Caitlin O’Brien-Rice ’10Caitlin O'Brien-Rice

cobrienrice@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title/Occupation: Director of Annual Fund and Director of Alumnae Relations, Oakland Catholic High School

Campus Organizations: Delta Delta Delta, Phone-a-Thon, Collegiate Leadership Conference, Alternative Spring Break, Senior Class Gift Committee, Year of Social Change Student Ambassador

What my Allegheny education means to me: My experiences at Allegheny College have undoubtedly altered the course of my life in an incredibly meaningful way. As a student, I was challenged and empowered to become the best version of myself. Allegheny has influenced my life both personally and professionally to the extent that I can confidently say that without Allegheny College, my life and career would not be as enjoyable or fulfilling.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny College because I am forever grateful for the impact that our alma mater has had on my life. I cannot imagine a better place to have gone to college, and I feel that it is my duty to ensure that Allegheny remains an instrumental force in the lives of future generations of Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: While I am very vocal about my enthusiasm for Allegheny College, I know that an even bigger impact will be made on our alma mater if I am able to engage fellow alumni. Serving Allegheny as a Class Agent is a unique way to give back to the school while also staying connected to my classmates. Allegheny’s extensive network of diverse and successful alumni is one of our greatest strengths, and I am honored to play a part in maintaining the integrity of our Allegheny alumni community.

2009

Ian Brost ’09

ianbrost@gmail.com

Current City: Buffalo, NY

Major: Political Science

Job Title: IT/Organizational Performance

Campus Organizations: Phi Delta Theta, Choir, Chamber Choir, Allegheny Student Government, Senior Class Officers, Varsity Tennis, Experiential Learning Trip: South Africa, Washington Semester at American University, Ski Club

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny exposed me to new ideas, places, and people. I was able to travel around the world through courses available at Allegheny.

Why I give back: Allegheny depends on its alumni to support the school. I don’t like to live by the phrase, “I don’t need to give support, someone else will.” I need to take action and do my part.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I loved my time at Allegheny and want to stay connected as much as I can. I want to help the school that helped me grow into who I am today.

Ron Deems ’09

Lydia Gearhart ’09

Molly Hanlon ’09molly hanlon 9-26-14

hanlonmt@gmail.com

Current City: State College, PA

Major: Biochemistry

Job Title: Ph.D. Student in Plant Biology, Pennsylvania State University

Campus Organizations: Swimming and Diving Team, Admissions Tour Guide

What my Allegheny education means to me: My time at Allegheny changed my perspectives on life and resulted in a professional trajectory that I would have never predicted, but now would never change. I made lifelong friends and collected innumerable memories. I wouldn’t be who I am today without Allegheny.

Why I give back: I want everyone to have the type of formative and enriching experience that I had at Allegheny. Every contribution helps to give someone this opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I really believe in the education and community of Allegheny, and I tell everyone I know about it. Reminding my friends about this and turning our memories into donations seems like a no-brainer.

Xun Li ’09

Sarah McAfoose ’09Sarah McAfoose 9-18-14

sarah.mcafoose@yahoo.com

Current City: Bloomington, IN

Major: Music/Women’s Studies

Job Title: Advancement Specialist

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi Omega, Choir, Women’s Ensemble, Wind Symphony

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the building blocks to successfully complete two graduate degrees. The friendships, mentors, and connections I made during those four years have continued well beyond my collegiate years. I am always proud to tell people I have an Allegheny education.

Why I give back: Working in development and alumni relations, I know many reasons why it’s important to give back. But the real reason is because I want to continue to give to a school that continually gives so much to me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to both catch up and keep in contact with former classmates and to continue my connection with my alma mater.

Aurora Schul Schunk ’09Aurora Schunk 7-9-15 Cropped

schunkam@gmail.com

Current City: Buffalo, NY

Major: History

Job Title: Higher Education/Community Engagement

Campus Organizations: Delta Delta Delta, Phi Alpha Theta, Archives Intern, Peer Leader, Experiential Learning Trip: Italy, America Reads

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me so much both in and out of the classroom. The experiences in my classes taught me to think critically, creatively solve problems, delve deep and continue to ask questions. Outside of the classroom, volunteering, experiential learning and Delta Delta Delta membership taught me how to communicate effectively and the power of collaboration and organizing. I use a combination of these skills each day in my personal and professional life.

Why I give back: I give back because I am proud of being an Allegheny alumna. I am proud of the legacy that Allegheny has and its distinction as a premier institution of higher education. When I transferred I was awarded a scholarship that otherwise would have made it impossible for me to attend. I give back so that other students are afforded the same opportunities that I was.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I believe in the impact that Allegheny has on the lives of students, the Meadville community and the national discourse on higher education.

Laura Summers ’09Laura Summers 11-11-14

laurella.summers@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Supervisor of Prevention Services

Campus Organizations: Gator Rowing, Allegheny Student Government

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny prepared me for a myriad of opportunities since graduation and gave me the critical-thinking skills necessary to be successful.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny because I want this experience to be available for generations to come. Allegheny is more than just four years earning a degree; it’s where lifelong friendships are built and intelligence sharpened.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I’m glad to serve as a Class Agent because I want to participate in a meaningful way toward a school that gave so much to me.

Ashlee Lang Sydlik ’09ashlee_sydlik 9-18-14

Ashleenicolelang@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Neuroscience and Psychology

Job Title: Testing Coordinator – Academic and Cognitive Testing

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Alpha Delta Pi, Panhellenic Council, Grounds For Change, Senior Class Gift Committee, Learning Commons Writing Consultant

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience allowed me to explore many interests while receiving a top-notch liberal arts education. Allegheny gave me incredible leadership opportunities and lifelong friends. My Allegheny education prepared me to enter the “real world” with the skills to succeed professionally while mutually valuing civic engagement.

Why I give back: I give back because I am so grateful for my collegiate experience. I want to play a small part to help create memorable Allegheny experiences for future Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know how proud Allegheny graduates are of our “Allegheny Advantage.” Encouraging others to share their Allegheny pride while increasing alumni giving are my goals. I am especially excited to serve Allegheny during its Bicentennial celebration year.

Brandon Tirpak ‘09

brandon.jon86@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Spanish

Job Title: Consultant and Assistant Editor

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Newman Club, College Republicans

What my Allegheny education means to me: My years at Allegheny were truly transforming for me. My education at Allegheny is much more than a diploma or letters on my resume, but truly an experience and period of extreme personal and academic growth.

Why I give back: I give back to provide opportunities to Allegheny that were afforded to me by my predecessors. I value my education at Allegheny much higher than my investment in tuition, so I want to ensure that current students experience the great opportunities that I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to raise awareness about the power of our alumni base and how we can all contribute to a better education for current and future Allegheny students.

2008

James Jones ’08James Jones 9-1-14

jamesmitchelljones@yahoo.com

Current City: Monroeville, PA

Major: Biology

Job Title: Family Medicine Physician

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Football, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Intramural Sports

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny instilled in me the work ethic, both on the athletic field and in the classroom, to become the best student, athlete, and physician that I can be. The diversity in my studies, required by the College, made me a well-rounded individual and opened up opportunities that I didn’t realize were available to me.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny because it gave me five of the best years of my life. I have lifelong friends that I made throughout my tenure at the College, from the day I moved into Crawford Hall to the day I walked across that stage at graduation. My life, my parents’ lives, and my future children’s lives will be forever changed because of my decision to attend Allegheny.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to keep alumni connected with the College that gave us so much. The only way the College can continue to help current and future Gators is if we, the alumni, continue to support it with our words, actions, and donations.

Hillary Kosnac ’08

hillary.kosnac@gmail.comHillary Kosnac

Current City: San Diego, CA

Major: Spanish and Political Science

Job Title: Coordinator of Field Operations, Mexican Migration Field Research and Training Program

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi Omega, Residence Life, Service Leader-ESL Program at Ernst Farm, EL Trip to Nicaragua, Cornerstones, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Iota, Pi Sigma Alpha

What my Allegheny education means to me: I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to attend Allegheny. My education did not just take place in the classroom; it also occurred as I spoke with professors outside of class, worked with local organizations, and volunteered abroad. Allegheny encouraged me not only to pursue academic excellence, but also excellence in service to those around me and the broader community. It is with this belief that I live my life.

Why I give back: I truly see my Allegheny education as transformative. Whether it is through working as a Class Agent or writing holiday letters to prospective students, it makes me proud to be able to give back to a school that has given me so much.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I believe in Allegheny. I believe that Allegheny has the power to change lives and communities. Consequently, I want to do my part to ensure a continued, bright future for Allegheny and its students. Plus, I love catching up with fellow Gators!

Mindy Milby ’08Mindy Milby 10-21-14

Current City: Washington, DC

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Donor Relations Manager

Campus Organizations: Lambda Pi Eta (President), Gator Activity Programming, Peer Leader, Alpha Phi Omega, Study Abroad (Townsville, Australia), Center for Political Participation, Feminist Amplified for Complete Equality

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education provided me with a solid foundation upon which to build my personal and professional goals. My time spent in the classroom at Allegheny sharpened my critical-thinking skills and my analytic reasoning and solidified my passion for being engaged within a larger community with a commitment to being civic-minded.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny as a way to honor and continue the tradition of giving students the very best opportunities. Without support at any amount, students would not have access to scholarships, our professors would be limited in their research funds, and the preservation of the College would be at risk. Giving a donation to Allegheny is a small way of buying into the next generation of students and academic thought leaders.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Within four short years, Allegheny provided me with so many opportunities. I am committed to preserving the excellence of Allegheny through my annual support. Serving as a Class Agent allows me the opportunity to give back to my beloved Allegheny in addition to reconnecting with fellow alumni.

Mary Ellen Mitchell ’08

Jen Wilmore ’08jennifer wilmore

jmwilmore@gmail.com

Current City: Cleveland, Ohio

Major: English

Job Title: Associate at Jones Day

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Gator Improv, Alpha Phi Omega, Admissions Tour Guide, Writing Consultant

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny was where I learned to explore beyond the classroom and I learned that you could learn as much from a relationship as you could from a textbook. The people are the soul of the campus, and it was obvious every day that they would support each step of my education. Allegheny is a place to test your boundaries and seek new opportunities, and I have carried that with me.

Why I give back: Allegheny deserves our support. I look back on my time there with fondness, but I also appreciate the school’s continuing humility in the face of its excellence, its ability to nurture academic and personal growth in students, and its culture of caring. It is a gem that deserves enthusiastic alumni.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: In many ways Allegheny’s influence grows better with time. Being a Class Agent provides a chance to help classmates stay connected to four wonderful years of their lives that they may only now be fully appreciating.

2007

Julie Reisz Haines 07

julie.reisz@gmail.com

Current City: Winston Salem, NC

Major: Chemistry

Job Title/Occupation: Research Assistant Professor at Wake Forest University

Campus Organizations: Chemii, Cross Country, Track & Field, Honor Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience gave me a tremendous foundation to become a confident scientist and caring team player. The years at Allegheny and interactions with faculty and my classmates were transformative in helping me focus on and develop along a path for my future.

Why I give back: I give back in an effort to make the Allegheny education more accessible to prospective and current students, to support and recognize the dedicated faculty, and to demonstrate my commitment to seeing our alma mater continue its tradition of excellence in the liberal arts for many years to come.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a Class Agent helps me stay connected to my classmates and to the broader Allegheny community and is a great way to pay forward my love for the College!

Thomas Miller ’07

Thomas Miller 9-23-14TJMScience@gmail.com

Current City: Bensalem, PA

Major: Biology and German

Job Title: Teacher

Campus Organizations: Concert Choir, Chorus, Pirates of Penzance the Musical, Wind Symphony, Gator Activities Programming, Allegheny Gay Pride, Beta Beta Beta, Study Abroad, EL Tour Trips.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny guided me in every way to be as prepared as possible for a future as a well-rounded, successful adult.

Why I give back: The future of Allegheny College is dependent upon two things: reaching out to as many top-notch high school students as possible, and getting funds to make their education as amazing as possible. If the College is to continue as it has, it needs both of these things to happen.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I received an exceptional Trustee Scholarship from the Board of Trustees. I also had an amazing time participating in many activities at Allegheny College. I want to help insure that future students are able to experience this as well.

2006 10th Reunion Committee Members

Jennifer Slater Adams ’06

jen.adams2244@gmail.com

Matthew Betush ’06

mbetush@gmail.com

Sarah McNeil Gozur ’06

mcneils22@yahoo.com

Jessica Dabrowski Haberley ’06

dabrowj@gmail.com

Janelle Hackman ’06

janelle.hackman@gmail.com

Allison Roberts Hodas ’06

ahodas@eriebank.net

Ashley Lypson ’06

Lypsona@gmail.com

Dave McCandless ’06

Dave.McCandless@klgates.com

Ashley Willis Rhoades ’06

ashleymariewillis@gmail.com

Mary Zoller Utter ’06

utter@pitt.edu

Sara Jamshidi Von Leer ’06

sara.elise.jamshidi@gmail.com

Maura Bennardo Ward ’06

maura.ward83@gmail.com

1999-2003

2005

Matt Carcella ’05Matt Carcella 10-22-15 Cropped

matt.carcella@gmail.com

Current City: Ithaca, NY

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Director, Diversity Alumni Programs

Campus Organizations: The Campus, Allegheny Gay Pride, Tour Guide, Debate Team, ACCEL Study Tour, Committee on Diversity Issues, Peer Project Leader, Lambda Sigma

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me to think critically and be responsibly critical of the world around me and to learn about others in an effort to understand myself better. I didn’t leave Allegheny with a career goal in mind, but I left a better version of myself and a lifelong learner.

Why I give back: I believe in the value of a liberal arts education that is academically rigorous. I want to see Allegheny recognized as one of the best small colleges in the nation – I know we already are the best.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Service to institutions that have shaped our lives and our world view is the most humbling form of gratitude.

Adam Cromie ’05Adam Cromie 10-19-15

cromie.adam@gmail.com

Current City: Alexandria, VA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Assistant General Manager, Washington Nationals

Campus Organizations: Football, College Republicans, VITA Tax Volunteer, Alden Scholar, Peer Leader, Freshman Seminar Assistant

Joe Knupp ’05

joseph.knupp@gmail.com 

2004

Brian O’Malley ’04Brian O'Mally 10-16-15

bomalley36@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Chief of Staff, Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Football Team

What my Allegheny education means to me: I went off to college to earn a degree, but I ended up taking with me much more than that. The classroom experience helped to prepare me for my career, especially with a focus on writing skills. The lessons learned in creating friendships and working with others on projects both in and out of the classroom helped to prepare me for a job in my field. The Allegheny network was extremely helpful, as I was offered a position in my field of study by another Allegheny alumnus shortly after I graduated.

Why I give back: My four years at Allegheny were an amazing time in my life. I met my wonderful wife during our freshman year. I made friends that I will have for the rest of my life. Allegheny helped me meet people who have had a huge impact on my life. I want to ensure that new students have the same opportunities I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know how important it is to higher education that we help to fund the future generations of classes that attend the school. I would like to do my part to achieve a higher donor participation percentage from graduates of Allegheny.

Gina Esposito O’Malley ’04  Gina O'Malley Cropped 10-15-15

ginamomalley@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: English (creative writing track)

Job Title: Manager of Special Events

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Experiential Learning Trip: Greece, America Reads, Gator Day Volunteer/Speaker

What my Allegheny education means to me: In addition to the rich academic offerings at Allegheny, I also value the way our professors encouraged us to think critically and converse thoughtfully. Challenging coursework built a strong work ethic, while the tight-knit campus environment, outstanding faculty, and extracurricular opportunities built character and friendship.

Why I give back: Allegheny introduced me to the people, experiences, and subject matter that have paved the way for a happy and productive professional and personal life. I am so grateful for my experiences at the College and want others to enjoy the same opportunities for years to come.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Serving as a Class Agent allows me to stay connected to Allegheny and my classmates. I enjoy promoting the College’s good work while reminding my peers that there are so many ways they can give back to the school that gave us so much.

Jamie Jansen Stromoski ’04

mrsstromoski@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Regional Account Manager – Group Benefits

Campus Organizations: Allegation, Habitat for Humanity, Kappa Alpha Theta, Tour Guide, Teacher’s Assistant in the TV Studio, Choir, MADD volunteer.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the foundation in education and communication skills that have allowed me to successfully network in a field in which I never even imagined I would love working.

Why I give back: Due to the generous contributions of alumni before me, I was able to attend Allegheny. Without the scholarships I was awarded, I may not have been able to attend my first-choice school. I hope that my donations to Allegheny can give another future student the same opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope to remind my classmates of the amazing time we had at Allegheny in hopes that together we can collect funds to allow both additional scholarships and campus development.

2003

Shannon Barron ’03Shannon Barron 10-15-15 Cropped

smcneill66@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: English

Job Title: Assistant Director/Librarian

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Up ‘Til Dawn, Dance Team

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education is the backbone of every adventure and is the core of my success. Allegheny’s liberal arts foundation is the reason why I was able to achieve a 4.0 in graduate school and why I have been able to explore so many paths in life. Allegheny makes students into lifelong learners, and that’s something I try to remember every day.

Why I give back: I give back because I want students to receive the same quality education that I did. I want Allegheny to continue to open minds and doors for students long into the future. And I want to make sure that Allegheny has the resources and facilities for 21st-century learning. When I give to Allegheny, I know I’m giving a gift that won’t go unnoticed. It all makes a difference.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I believe strongly in the liberal arts education that Allegheny provides. We need students who are flexible thinkers and passionate souls. I give because I believe high-quality education makes a difference in this world, and Allegheny gives students a chance to be lifelong learners and leaders.

Devon Halley ’03  Devon Halley 10-15-15 Cropped

devonhalley@gmail.com

Current City: Alexandria, VA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Engagement Manager – Deloitte Digital

Campus Organizations: Cross Country/Track and Field, Allegheny Student Government, WARC, Residence Life

What my Allegheny education means to me: For me, Allegheny’s education taught me how to connect the dots across a wide range of disciplines and subjects in a way that allows me to derive insights that make me unique among my non-Allegheny peers.

Why I give back: I fully acknowledge that I would not be who I am, and where I am, without the experience and education that Allegheny afforded me. Giving back whatever I can is an important part of acknowledging the role Allegheny has played in my successes.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent in deference to all that Allegheny has given to me, and all that I want to see it become. I am confident that my experience with Allegheny, while singular to me, was not unique. Being a Class Agent is a great way for me to help Allegheny grow and thrive to allow others to have the same great set of experiences that I did.

Matthew Kozlowski ’03Matthew Kozlowski 3-16-15 Cropped

mattkoz81@gmail.com

Current City: Durham, NC

Major: Communication Arts and Psychology

Job Title: Senior Consultant at Pennington & Company

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Delta Tau Delta

What my Allegheny education means to me: The critical-thinking skills that I learned in and out of the classroom at Allegheny help me every day. The environment at Allegheny is challenging while also very encouraging and familial. Perhaps more importantly are the personal connections I made –many of whom have become closer friends in the years since graduation.

Why I give back: A college experience as thorough as Allegheny’s is ironically priceless, but with an obvious and significant cost. I am always impressed by the scholarship program available to our students, but we can do better. No student who wants to come to Allegheny should be turned away due to cost.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is important for our generation to get involved and develop a history of giving back to the College that gave so much to us. I know many of us are struggling with student debt, but making a small sacrifice to give back is rewarding and will ensure future generations have the same opportunities we did.

Melissa Spas ’03 Melissa Spas

melissaspas@gmail.com

Current City: Bloomington, IN

Major: Religious Studies and Women’s Studies

Job Title: Director of Strategic Initiatives, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Society for the Advancement of Gender Equality

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the confidence to trust my own intellectual curiosity. I learned to read critically and write carefully at Allegheny, and I experienced the many rewards of friendships built around ideas and ideals.

Why I give back: Allegheny alumni and friends made it possible, through scholarships, for me to be an Allegheny student in the first place, and I want other students like me to have that same opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My class is full of talented, committed, and interesting people, and I’m always excited to talk about Allegheny with others who share my appreciation for those special years.

2001

Kurt Foriska ’01Kurt Foriska

foriska.1@osu.edu

Current City: Columbus, OH

Major: Biology

Job Title: Development Professional at Ohio State University

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, ASG, WARC DJ, Homecoming, Omicron Delta Kappa, Lambda Sigma, Order of Omega, Peer Project Leader

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny really taught me how to think differently and write better. I mean, where else do you lose points for grammar on a lab report? That made all the difference.

Why I give back: I believe that Allegheny does make a difference in your life, and someone made that gift possible for me by giving back. Now it’s my turn.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I believe in the Allegheny experience and am excited to reconnect fellow classmates with the memories that made our experiences so great. And the free stuff – we get free stuff, right?

Amanda Harris ’01Amanda Harris

acharris1908@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Manager of Sales/EHR Software Sales

Campus Organizations: Everything

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education prepared me for the demands of working in corporate America.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me so much, from a great education to friendships with classmates, administrators and faculty. The majority of my close friends are my friends from Allegheny. I give back because I want current and future students to have the positive experience I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Alumni participation in donating to Allegheny is low, and fond memories don’t pay the bills in running the College. I want to help translate everyone’s fond memories into donations that can continue the good work happening at Allegheny that helped me and my classmates become successful. 

1999

Kara Erdodi Arguello ’99

kara.arguello@gmail.com

Current City: San Jose, CA

Current Employment: Attorney

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: The Campus newspaper, WARC, Student Experimental Theater

What my Allegheny education means to me: The broad liberal arts curriculum at Allegheny exposed me to ideas and topics I might have never explored anywhere else. I was able to study international government, geopolitics, and the literature of those regions all in the same day.

Why I give back: The years I spent at Allegheny were defining in terms of developing into the adult I would become and furthering my non-academic interests. Some of my most treasured friendships to date were formed on campus.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I always have been proud to list Allegheny on my resume and suggest it to young men and women who are beginning their college searches. I believe Allegheny’s reputation and my association with it always has been an asset in my continuing education and in my career.

Judson Franklin Wible ’99

wible@pbworld.com

Current City: Ewing, NJ

Major: Physics

Current Employment: Parsons Brinckerhoff – Senior Structural Engineer

Campus Organizations: Soccer, Phi Kappa Psi, Annual Fund Phonathon Caller, Choir, Freshman Seminar Adviser

What my Allegheny education means to me: The brochures tell you that Allegheny teaches you how to think, but more importantly I feel that it teaches you how to act, how to make a difference in the lives of individuals, and how to solve some of the world’s most complex problems. We have alumni who are working on a cure for cancer, and ones that spend time helping individuals in hospice care. In short, our alumni are worldly and full of the good world, and I’m very happy to stand amongst them.

Why I give back: When your mother and your father and your father’s father went to Allegheny, you get to appreciate the history of Allegheny, of roots, and of legacies. I give because it’s about the next generation of leaders who walk our campus two, 20, or 200 years from now and what they are going to accomplish as they follow in our footsteps. Our building the future for them is the reason why I give money, but I give more in time because those who came before us steadied us in our path and guided us forward, and it’s our time to do that for others.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Selfishly it’s an opportunity to keep Allegheny in the forefront of my daily life where commutes, schedules, and bills clamor for their due. But it’s also a great way to keep the bonds of friendship together and to re-establish networks that may have faded – dusting off nostalgia, highlighting how that time period in our lives has made us what we are today, or in some cases how much we’ve changed since we walked Brooks Walk. Reaffirming those connections with those who shared the same experience; that’s why I serve as a Class Agent.

1994-1998
1998

Jane Popelka Hahn ’98

Current City: Boston, MA

Current Employment: Senior Vice President, Executive Liability / Risk Management Consultant & Broker

Major: Psychology

Campus Organizations: Varsity Lacrosse, ASG, Habitat for Humanity, Orchesis, Newman Club/Soup Kitchen Volunteer, CLC, AXO

What my Allegheny education means to me: There is a difference between securing your undergraduate degree and receiving an undergraduate education. Allegheny provides the latter. It’s the difference between blending in with the masses or standing out among your peers. Allegheny’s education ensures that you will always stand out in your peer group.

Why I give back: I choose to give to Allegheny so that the opportunities afforded to me, by means of someone else’s generosity, can be paid forward to current students looking to grow on both an intellectual and personal level. I give back so that my favorite professors have the resources to continue their fine tradition of teaching, mentoring, researching, challenging, and inspiring the next generation of graduates to innovate, create, problem-solve, lead, and eventually, give back to the Allegheny community. I give back in the hopes that my small contribution is the difference that permits one high school senior the ability to attend Allegheny by means of scholarship, who, without this financial commitment, could otherwise not afford to attend.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I look fondly on my years at Allegheny. I am proud of the friendships that have endured over the last 15 years since graduating. I’m proud of the legacy we left and what future generations have created. Allegheny truly is a special place because of the strong sense of community created by those who walk the halls of Bentley to those who walk the hall of Brooks. I serve as a Class Agent to encourage all of my fellow alumni to give back to Allegheny so that we may continue these fine traditions for generations to come. 

1996

Danelle Kosmal ’96

1995

Allyson Cunius ’95

Jen Fitzpatrick ’95

1994

Greg Ward ’94

g_w_ward@yahoo.com

Current City: Rocky River, OH

Current Employment: Chief Financial Officer in Commercial Real Estate Lending

Major: Economics and English

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Football Team, RA/RD, Allegheny Newman

What my Allegheny education means to me: At Allegheny, I learned to accomplish large assignments; think critically; question the logic behind statements and numbers; articulate ideas, concepts and beliefs; and work well with others. If I could describe the traits I value in professional colleagues, the items that I list above would all be very high on my list.

Why I give back: I benefited from Allegheny in so many ways, some of which were not clear until five or 10 years after graduation. I grew as a person, student, and mentor to others over my four years at Allegheny and was able to set out upon a path of my choosing. I had the good fortune to meet my wife at Allegheny. We cherish our Allegheny education, both the learning in the classroom and extracurricular education. I received some scholarship assistance and appreciated those who went before me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I benefited from the support of those before us through scholarship assistance. I believe in contributing to Allegheny to allow the college to continue to provide assistance to students. Also, Allegheny takes leadership on numerous issues that I believe are important: civility in politics, environmental stewardship. I believe that grassroots alumni support of the College helps perpetuate these efforts. Finally, I have appreciated the tremendous education that I received and wish to help as many others have such an opportunity.

1990-1993
1991 25th Reunion Committee Members

Christine Anderson ’91

greencat336@yahoo.com

Rebecca Bemis ’91

becky@jimbemis.com

Tony Cardinali ’91

Kelly Donahue ’91

kdonahue911@hotmail.com

Catherine McCausland ’91

omccmail@aol.com

Susan Orr ’91

ejwriter@hotmail.com

Darrell Park ’91

park.darrell@gmail.com

Amy Hartzell Pszczolkowski ’91

amypiz19@yahoo.com

Douglas Schuerer ’91

djdoc69@yahoo.com

Elizabeth Hamlin Volz ’91

lizzyinvermont@gmail.com

Rebecca Miller Wise ’91

drrmwise@aol.comm

1986 30th Reunion Committee Members

Sean Audley ’86

seanaud@gmail.com

Susan Deakin ’86

skabazie@gmail.com

Carmen Ramsey Ellington ’86

seeme64@yahoo.com

Louis Ford ’86

bigfwee@yahoo.com

Kelly O’Rourke Arcieri ’86

karcieri@ycds.org

Karen Middleton McGee ’86

kmcgee@syr.edu

Pamela Stevenson ’86

pstevenson24@cox.net

1983

Nelson Larkins ’83

Allan Linke ’83

1982

Pat Okker ’82

okkerp@charter.net

Current City: Columbia, MO

Major: English

Job Title: College Professor

Jolene Regis Steinmetz ’82Jolene Steinmetz

jolenesteinmetz@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: Chemistry

Campus Organizations: Wind Symphony, Civic Orchestra, Allegheny Newman, Lambda Sigma.

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned how to think as an Allegheny College student. I remember the elaborate “story problems” that were on my Chemistry I tests that required not only an understanding of specific scientific knowledge, but also the ability to comprehend the entire scenario that was presented in order to solve each problem. The ability to think was demonstrated by those high level problems. Creative thinking and problem solving in various work and life situations are attributes that I am very proud of, and I credit my Allegheny education for initiating the development of those skills.

Why I give back: I choose to give back because I loved my four years at Allegheny. Aside from gaining a great education, I forged lifelong friendships, developed my independence, and had a tremendous amount of fun. I have been giving back consistently since I graduated because I have always appreciated and felt connected to the college.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My daughter is a member of the Allegheny Class of 2015. During the summer before her senior year, she was chosen along with five other students to participate in the Allegheny-sponsored Vivekananda Institute of Indian Studies Internship program in Mysore, India. There was a tremendous amount of effort put forth by the College to make this internship a reality, and the experience was amazing! That same summer she researched for a professor on campus as a Mellon Fellow. She also studied abroad for a semester in Lancaster, England, and during that semester she traveled to 12 European countries. These transformative experiences have helped her to grow as a person, both in independence and self-confidence. I act as a Class Agent to show my gratitude for the Allegheny advantage that both of us have experienced and to ensure that future students are provided similar wonderful opportunities.

Nick Summers ’82

1981

Priscilla Lange Summers ’81

prissumm@gmail.com.com

Current City: Roswell, GA

Major: English/Chemistry Minor

Job Title: Information Technology Specialist

Campus Organizations: AGD, Swim Team, SGA

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education provided a great foundation for preparing me for entering the workforce. The professors’ first priority was the students. I appreciated the small class sizes and individualized attention.

Why I give back: Not much is more important than a great education, and that is what I got when I went to Allegheny. I give back so others can get this great experience.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is a simple way to give back to Allegheny. 

1978

Hiller Hardie ’78Hiller Harie (Male) 10-25-15 Cropped

hillerhardi@yahoo.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: CPA (semi-retired)

Campus Organizations: Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Allegheny Student Government

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny prepared me to think critically and communicate clearly. In addition, it provided me with a well-rounded education that enables me to quickly understand complex topics in my profession and life.

Why I give back: Allegheny was such an important part of my life that I feel it is only right to give back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Dedicated alumni are a very valuable resource to Allegheny. I hope my efforts will help to sustain and cultivate this resource.

Beverly Ryan ’78

1976 40th Reunion Committee Members

Karen Blanchard ’76

Karen.Blanchard@rbc.com

Jim Donnelly ’76

jpd1@buffalo.edu

Sarah Flynn Erickson ’76

s.f.erickson@att.net

James Macielak ’76

jrmace@zoominternet.net

Grace Hawkes Nielsen ’76

nielsen5@bendcable.com

Karen Spahr Pinkham ’76

karenpinkham5@gmail.com

John Timer ’76

jtimer2424@aol.com

Arthur Zulick ’76

azulick@ptd.net

1975
We are in the process of regrouping after our reunion year! 
1972

Richard Taaffe ’72

1971

Barbara Marvin Mize ’71

bmize1@cox.net

Current City: Oklahoma City, OK

Major: French

Job Title: Paralegal Specialist; FBI

Campus Organizations: Cwens (a sophomore honor society), Kappa Kappa Gamma

What my Allegheny education means to me: It has provided the tools and foundation for my path since graduation through the present time. Jobs, relationships, community involvement, family, and friends have all been shaped by my experiences and education at Allegheny.

Why I give back: The Allegheny experience was very important to me, and I welcome the chance to give back so others might be a part of the Allegheny College community.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I’d like to encourage my classmates to take the opportunity to give back and pay it forward for future generations of Allegheny students.

Mike Mize ’71

1969

Peg Hagar ’69

David Squires ’69

1967

Isabella Thoburn Dorr ’67

bittydorr@gmail.com

Current City: Cleveland, OH

Major: Social Science/Elementary Education

Job Title: Retired School Administrator

Campus Organizations: Crews, Alpha Gamma Delta, Junior Advisors, Kappa Delta Epsilon, Admissions Tour Guide

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny has always been part of my life experience. My family history has deep roots at Allegheny. My educational experience at Allegheny prepared me well as an engaged learner who learned to critically read, write, speak, and analyze information and provided me with a firm foundation for all endeavors in life.

Why I give back: Education is transformative. I hope that by giving back to Allegheny I can help provide for others the opportunity to grow and learn to their best potential.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is my privilege to serve as a Class Agent. I look forward to connecting with other Allegheny graduates and encouraging them to pass on the gift that an Allegheny education has provided for them.

Jon Swanson ’67

swansonjnc@comcast.net

Current City: Boulder, CO

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Retired university administrator

Campus Organizations: Phi Delta Theta, Interfraternity Council, class officer, intramurals, Allegheny Student Government, College Union Board

What my Allegheny education means to me: Among the many outstanding opportunities a quality collegiate experience offers are the advancement of intellectual and social skills and the expansion of a meaningful sense of curiosity. I forever will be grateful to Allegheny for lending me these and much more.

Why I give back: When you identify influences in your life that are especially positive, they should be natural targets for expressing your appreciation and generosity. Allegheny inspires that in me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: The Class Agent program is a great opportunity to share your time with the College as well as your dollars. I think it broadens the giving experience in the best of ways.

Dana Toedtman ’67

1966 50th Reunion Committee Members

Richard Alfred ’66

ralfred@umich.edu

Richard Brandt ’66

rich@rkblaw.com

Kathe Tunnell Cairns ’66

kathe@kcairds.com

Anne Delacroix ’66

A.Delacroix@comcast.net

Julie Haude Flieger ’66

jhflieger@gmail.com

L. Craig Harris ’66

lcraigharris@comcast.net

Benjamin Haytock ’66

bhaytock@zoominternet.net

Nancy Branstrom Haytock ’66

bhaytock@zoominternet.net

Ellanie Kaufman Hershberger ’66

Hershberger44@msn.com

Thomas Hershberger ’66

ellanieh@msn.com

Mary Lou Carlson Hodgson ’66

mlhodgson7@gmail.com

John Kelso ’66

jkelso@ec.rr.com

Kenna Quine Kinsey ’66

kennadk@bellsouth.net

Antoinette Swain Marwitz ’66

hrmasm39@aol.com

Judy Selvage McCain ’66

mccain227@gmail.com

Samuel McCain ’66

mccain227@gmail.com

Suzanne Spence Miller ’66

sueorjay@gmail.com

Christine Olson

chriso5544@earthlink.net

Linda Allison Palmiero ’66

lindapal70@gmail.com

Nancy Neuendorffer Reed ’66

reenown@ix.net.com.com

John Rydquist

jarydquist@gmail.com

Lynn Campbell Smith ’66

lynnbuck510@gmail.com

Gordon Starr ’66

gordon@starrco.org

Howard Sterling ’66

Craig Toedtman ’66

craigt@toedtman.com

Harry Valentino ’66

hvalentino@freshmark.com

David Wuertzer ’66

seafoot@graceba.net

Ginny Judd Wuertzer ’66

Donald Zuris ’66

don.zuris@gmail.com

1965

1961

Richard Borrison ’61

borrison1457@juno.com

Current City: Sunnyvale, CA

Major: Chemistry

Job Title: Retired Physician

Campus Organizations: Student Government, Phi Delta Theta

What my Allegheny education means to me: First step to a future career.

Why I give back: I want Allegheny to continue to provide quality education to a wide variety of students regardless of finances. 

1958

Lynne Crandall Hammerstrom ’58

lhammerstrom@hotmail.com

Current City: Marquette, MI

Major: American Studies

Job Title: Homemaker/Volunteer

Campus Organizations: Associated Women Students Senate, Associated Women Students President, Cwens President, Junior Advisor, Allegheny Undergraduate Council, Debate Team, Kappa Alpha Theta, Phi Beta Kappa

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned to work with many different people and really enjoyed the relationship between faculty and students. I was lucky to be at Allegheny when only 1,200 students attended, and felt like I knew everyone.

Why I give back: I think our liberal arts College deserves to be helped in any way I can. I worry that students are becoming too specialized, too soon and are unwilling to take courses that teach us to think. Allegheny opened my eyes to so many things.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I have given to Allegheny’s Annual Fund each year and believe that I and other graduates have an obligation to “keep a good thing going.”