Our Volunteers

Thank you to all of our volunteers serving as Class Agents and reunion committee members! To find your class volunteers, select your class year below. If you are interested in serving Allegheny as an agent for your class, please contact a member of our staff at classagents@allegheny.edu.

2009-2013

2016

Katie Beisler ’16Katherine bowser II

kbeisler3@gmail.com

Major: Applied Computing

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, ASAP, Teaching Assistant, Tour Guide, Field Hockey Club

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny College gave me an opportunity to study a subject that, originally, I shied away from. I was able to take courses outside of my major that were also important to me, while still staying on track within my own field. Allegheny professors also had a big hand in my education, and I would not have been able to succeed without their help and support.

Garrett Devenney ’16Garrett Devenney 7-13-16 Cropped

garrett.devenney@gmail.com

Major: Biology and Global Health Studies

Campus Organizations: Varsity Swimming, Admissions Tour Guide, NaviGator Program, Biology Teaching Assistant

What my Allegheny education means to me: Having an Allegheny education means that I am prepared to enter my graduate studies with confidence and a work ethic that will propel me toward my future goal of working within international health. Allegheny taught me to challenge the ideas of others and myself, while supporting me with the foundation to succeed in both academic and co-curricular realms.

Alison Herlitzka ’16alison herlitzka 5-3-06 Cropped

alison.herlitzka@gmail.com

Major: Economics

Campus Organizations: Women’s Varsity Swimming and Diving Team, Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education is truly invaluable and is something that sets me apart from my peers. Allegheny’s tight community has helped to develop my character and has given me the opportunity to connect with faculty, students, and the surrounding people of Meadville on a daily basis. Each course at Allegheny challenged me to go beyond my comfort zone in order to reach my full potential. Every speech, presentation, and paper aided in my well-rounded education and has given me confidence in my strengths while also preparing me for a lifetime of success. My Allegheny family has inspired me to give back to the community that has given me more than I could have ever asked for within four short years. I am confident that my Allegheny education has put me on a path to success, and I cannot thank the school and community enough for all they have done to make my college experience the best one possible. Go Gators!

Brianna Layman ’16Brianna Layman 4-29-16 Cropped

briannalayman2012@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Biochemistry

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Varsity Women’s Soccer, Senior Class Gift Committee, Relay for Life, Civic Symphony, Chamber Orchestra, Women’s Services Inc. Advocate, Bonner, Best Buddies International

What my Allegheny education means to me: As a transfer student, I highly value the time I spent as a Gator. Finding my home within the Meadville community has completely influenced my future career and plans. I will be graduating as a biochemist, but plan to pursue a career in the arts, specifically technology and design. Peers, students, and friends always ask, “Don’t you regret majoring in biochemistry when you want to pursue art? Doesn’t that take away meaning from your degree?” Adamantly, I answer no every time. My three and a half years at Allegheny means more to me than just my education, because the time spent there influenced my personal growth and interests, and thus, pointed me in a direction I wanted to pursue. Not only do I walk away from Meadville with an amazing degree, but also will life skills and lessons learned throughout my time as a student at the College. Allegheny offers an amazing education as well as door-opening opportunities every student should take advantage of.

Why I give back: To allow future students to reap the benefits the college has to offer.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To allow past students, peers, and classmates to actively live their life as a Gator.

Hailey Marthaler ’16Hailey Marthaler 5-3-16 Cropped

marthalerh@gmail.com

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: Class President – Allegheny College Student Government, Four Year Varsity Letter Winning Softball Player, Overnight Coordinator – Admissions Office, Senior Class Gift Committee, Branch Rickey Mentorship Program, Allegheny Ambassadors

What my Allegheny education means to me: My experience at Allegheny has provided me with the tools to succeed in the “real world”. Whether it was through interning with the Admissions Office or on the softball field, I was constantly able to gain valuable lessons that transfer well into life after school. The value placed on a college degree nowadays is high, but the value placed on choosing the right college is not high enough. Allegheny breeds success, a pedigree of accomplishment and a legacy of achievement. The growth I found within myself during my four years is something I do not take for granted, and I thank Allegheny. I am extremely proud of my time as a Gator and will continue to bleed blue and gold!

Clara Moller ’16  Clara Moller 7-18-16 Cropped

clara.m.moller@gmail.com

Major: Double Major in Neuroscience and Psychology

Campus Organizations: Alpha Phi Omega, Pre-Health Club, Active Minds, Neuroscience Club, Allegheny Students for Advancement and Philanthropy, UNICEF, Gators Give Back.

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means the world to me. It has provided me with more skills than I ever expected to gain – leadership skills, communication skills, skills for life-long learning, and skills to find my talents and passions in life. I could not be more grateful for the people Allegheny has connected me to; they have influenced the person I am today. Without my Allegheny education, I do not think I could confidently say I feel equipped and ready to accomplish any dream I have for my future.

Amanda Warner ’16Amanda Warner 4-29-16 Cropped

warnera@allegheny.edu

Major: Psychology

Campus Organizations: Orchesis, Dance Team, Bonner, Greek Life (Kappa Alpha Theta), OverKill, GAP, ABC, ASG, and Senior Class Gift Committee.

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience drastically shaped who I am today. Without Allegheny, I wouldn’t be as productive in society as I am now. My time at Allegheny showed me so many things about myself, including that I can do whatever I put my mind to. Before Allegheny, I was searching for a purpose, a reason. Allegheny helped me discover my truest potential, the inner Amanda, who I strongly believe I wouldn’t have found without my journey at this wonderful school.

Evelyn Wells ’16  Evelyn Wells

evelynwells23@gmail.com

Major: Psychology

What my Allegheny education means to me: When people ask me why I decided to go to Allegheny College, I tell them that it felt like home. After I graduated from college I realized that it was more than just home. Allegheny created a gateway to the world. Allegheny provided a safe environment for me to challenge myself, and it prepared me to deal with a much more complex world.  I have watched my peers land jobs with Microsoft, go on to attend graduate school in England, and a month and a half after my graduation I accepted a job with a prestigious consulting firm in Washington D.C.  If you can make it at Allegheny, then you can make it anywhere.  

2015

Alexander Neal ’15alex Neal 2-22-16 Cropped

aneal93@gmail.com

Current City: Dallas, TX

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Leadership Gifts Officer/Nonprofit Development

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Gator Activities Programming, Lambda Pi Eta, Davies Service Leader Program

What my Allegheny education means to me: An Allegheny education means having a deep and rich understanding of the world in which we navigate.

Why I give back: Philanthropy is deeply personal. I give because of the extremely positive ways Allegheny has impacted my life. The connections I made and the skills I learned during my four years on campus have helped to shape me into who I am today.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is the responsibility of the alumni to engage, support, and further grow our Alma mater — and I am happy to help.

Khalia Thompson ’15Khalia Thompson 2-22-16

thompsonkhalia@yahoo.com

Current City: Philadelphia, PA

Major: Environmental Science

Job Title: Environmental Scientist

Campus Organizations: ASAP, Students for Environmental Action

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the skills I needed to become a scientist and floruish in my role. The liberal arts courses helped me to become well rounded and have translated into my career.

Why I give back: To help future students.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To showcase Allegheny and tell people what a great place it is.

Mary Grace Warren ’15Mary Grace Warren 4-5-16 CROPPED

mgmwarren@gmail.com

Current City: Jefferson City, MO

Major: History

Job Title: Campaign Organizer

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Alpha Chi Omega, Phi Alpha Theta, Senior Class Gift Committee, WARC 90.3 FM, Grounds for Change, Allegheny Ambassadors, Pre-Law Club, Growing Hearts Growing Minds.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny allowed me to explore my interests and discover my passions. My education broadened not only my knowledge but also my general perspective and worldview. I am very grateful for my time at Allegheny and am proud to call it my alma mater.

Why I give back: I feel a responsibility to contribute in the hopes that future students will have every opportunity to grow and learn as I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve to sustain and promote a culture of giving. As a student I felt Allegheny’s tight-knit campus encouraged community involvement. As a graduate, I hope to maintain my involvement and encourage others to stay informed and involved as well. 

2014

Trevor Colvin ’14  Trevor Colvin 10-15-15

colvin5753@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Financial Analyst

Campus Organizations: Varsity Football, Phi Gamma Delta, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: I take great pride in my Allegheny education. I have seen the benefit of attending such a prestigious institution in my day-to-day responsibilities. The greatest attribute that I gained at Allegheny is the ability to learn new concepts no matter how challenging they may seem. Allegheny helped mold me into the person I am today and gave me confidence for the future.

Why I give back: I give back because I know I would not have been able to attend Allegheny if it weren’t for the generous donations from alumni. I gained so much by being a student at Allegheny in regards to memories and friendships, and I want others to be able to reap all the benefits that Allegheny has to offer.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I appreciate all of the opportunities that I was afforded as an undergraduate. Being a Class Agent gives me the opportunity to continue my relationship with the College while acting as a liaison to fellow alums.

Jordan El-Sabeh ’14jordan_elsabeh 10-29-14 CROPPED

jaelsabeh@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Junior Investment Performance Associate at Cambridge Associates

Campus Organizations: Phi Gamma Delta, Economics Society

What my Allegheny education means to me: To put it simply, I cherished my time at Allegheny. Not only was I able to get what I regard as a top-of-the line education, I also became a part of an entirely new community. My college experience taught me about myself and prepared me to confidently seek out future endeavors.

Why I give back: I never would have been able to attend Allegheny if it weren’t for the donations from the alumni. Giving back to the school, regardless of the amount, helps sustain a long-lasting impact at Allegheny, and I hope future students can have the same experience as I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: As an alumnus, I feel responsible to give back. I love to reminisce with graduates about our time at Allegheny and the great opportunities our alma mater has to offer.

Michelle Holcomb ’14Michelle Holcomb 10-22-15 Cropped

holcombmb25@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Majors: Biology, Psychology

Job Title: Graduate Student (doctoral program in cognitive psychology)

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi Omega, Senior Class Gift Committee, Varsity Soccer

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has gotten me where I am today. I take pride in calling myself a Gator, and I attribute a lot of my personal growth and success to the opportunities I have received from Allegheny College.

Why I give back: Allegheny is for life. I give back because not only do I want to continue our strong college tradition of helping others, but I also want to give current and future students the opportunity to experience the immeasurable education-for-life Allegheny perspective.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want to continue my involvement within the Allegheny community. And what a better way than serving in this capacity!

Jena McKelvey ’14Jena Mckelevy 11-16-15

jena.mckelvey@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Biology

Job Title: Senior Associate

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Beta Beta Beta, Alpha Phi Omega, Volunteer at Women’s Services Inc.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny challenged me in ways that forced me to develop new, invaluable skills. During those four years, I also gained confidence and perspective that I apply every day in my personal and professional life.

Why I give back: I believe in the future of Allegheny and the larger community.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a Class Agent allows me to stay in tune with everything Allegheny. I hope to keep others informed and engaged with our alma mater. 

2013

Lauren Karl ’13

lauren.karl585@gmail.com

Current City: Norfolk, VA

Major: History

Job Title: Development Assistant

Campus Organizations:

What my Allegheny education means to me: As a student, Allegheny provided me with the opportunity to explore a wide array of interests and introduced me to an even wider array of opportunities. The broad and inclusive education I received while at Allegheny has given me not only practical tools for my professional career, but also those intangible qualities that make Allegheny students and alumni so successful and special.

Why I give back: I was the beneficiary of a scholarship during all four years that I attended Allegheny and was able to spend a summer interning in DC. These, in addition to so many other experiences, would not have been possible without the support of my fellow alumni. I give back so present and future Gators can have the same opportunities.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope that by serving as a Class Agent I can encourage my classmates to begin or continue to support the College however they are able

Max Luskin ’13

Stephanie Mancine ’13Stephanie Mancine 10-24-14 CROPPED

stephanie.m.mancine@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Business Analyst

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Senior Class Gift Committee, Pre-Law Club, Newman Club, Service Saturdays

What my Allegheny education means to me: When you have the ability to analyze, create, and envision new ideas the possibilities are endless. Allegheny College fosters and develops those skills within each student and still provides the opportunity to explore unique interests. Allegheny provided me with countless opportunities to grow intellectually and personally.

Why I give back: Allegheny helped me grow into a young professional and well-rounded person. I want to help give that opportunity to the generations to come.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I love my alma mater, and I want to help it continue to thrive!

Paul Roveda ’13

paulwroveda@gmail.com

Current City: New York, NY

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: Phi Kappa Psi, College Republicans, Senior Class Gift Committee, Varsity Tennis, Interfraternity Council, Tour Guide, The Campus

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny provided me with an alumni network of passionate graduates in diverse career fields who were willing to help me develop professionally. Their pride in Allegheny inspired me to excel in not only my academic life, but also my professional life.

Why I give back: I consider myself extremely fortunate to obtain a college degree. Receiving a degree from Allegheny helped me set myself up for success, and I only want to help others in the Allegheny community do the same.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want nothing more than to see Allegheny flourish as an academic institution.

Taisha Thomas ’13Taisha Thomas 11-11-14

taisha.thomas@gmail.com

Current City: West Babylon, NY

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Student (Master’s in Mental Health Counseling)

Campus Organizations: WARC, Phonathon, Gator Rugby,  Intramural Sports, Alpha Chi Omega

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means so much more to me than the piece of paper I have telling me I went there. It was my home for four years with friends who eventually grew to be family. Allegheny shaped who I am today and not only gave me the tools to be successful, but also taught me how to use them. I cannot thank Allegheny enough for the skills it gave me to think outside the box and look at issues from a different perspective. Allegheny turns students into social thinkers, which has given me a head up in my endeavors.

Why I give back: I give back with the hopes that a student will have amazing memories, make lasting friends, and receive a top-notch education like I did at Allegheny.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: During my time at Allegheny, I was able to reach out to many people not only in my class, but also across the community, and I want to continue those relationships. 

2012 5th Reunion Committee Members

Philip Anthony ’12

Zeben Ashton ’12

Malaika Atte ’12

Emily Benner ’12

Katherine Bowser ’12

Deadra Carlgren ’12

Julianne D’Amico ’12

Chrisopher Daczkowski ’12

Wenonah Echelard ’12

Steven Jones ’12

Eunice Kessie ’12

Deborah Landau ’12

Amanda McClelland ’12

Alina Meltaus ’12

Christina Moreschi ’12

Emily Neff ’12

Bethany Silinski ’12

Rachel Willis ’12

Brittany Wynn ’12  

2011

Dan Donahoe ’11Dan Donahoe 7-13-16 Croppped

daniel.r.donahoe@gmail.com

Current City: Rockville, MD

Major: Political Science

Job Title/Occupation: Paralegal – U.S. Federal Government

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Allegheny Student Government, Newman, Peer Leader, Writing Consultant, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny career is what prepared me for where I am right now. The rigorous course load, professors who cared, and administrators who wanted students to succeed created the perfect environment for me to learn and grow. Paired with the education was an amazing student body, from which I made some of my closest friends. Without them, I don’t know how I would have made it through the sleepless nights, perpetual blizzards, or endless stacks of homework. Allegheny opened more than just doors for me – it opened friendships and memories that will never be forgotten.

Why I give back: Allegheny provided me with more opportunities than any other college could have possibly offered. Without Allegheny, I would never have met my best friends, made so many unforgettable memories, or have been as well prepared for the “real world” as I am now. I want all future Allegheny students to have those same chances and opportunities, and I know that my gift helps ensure that those Gators who come after me get the same opportunities.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My life could have been radically different had I gone to another school. Reflecting on that fact, it is also necessary to recognize all of those who helped make my Allegheny career a success – both those seen and unseen. So many alumni work behind the scenes to ensure that all future Gators have access to a quality education and an unforgettable college experience. Moving forward, I feel like I owe it to all of those that made my time at Allegheny happen – by “paying it forward,” I  know that I am joining the ranks of those who care deeply about our alma mater and will go above and beyond for its students.

LeAnne Kurela ’11leanne_kurela 8-15-16 Cropped

leanne.r.kurela@vanderbilt.edu

Current City: Nashville, TN

Major: Neuroscience

Job Title: Ph.D. Student, Vanderbilt Brain Institute, Vanderbilt University

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Panhellenic Council, Lambda Sigma, Allegheny Residence Life, Experiential Learning Term (Nicaragua), Alternative Spring Breaks

What my Allegheny education means to me: The education I received throughout my time at Allegheny encompasses four years of experiences in and out of the classroom. My in-class and in-lab education provided me with the information and skills I needed to continue on my chosen career path. The foundation of knowledge I received prepared me for graduate school at a top-notch university. I have witnessed firsthand that this foundation is essential, and that there is no school that provides such a well-rounded and comprehensive foundation like Allegheny. While this part of education is important, it is not all that I took away from my time at Allegheny. The experiences I had volunteering in the community, exploring through experiential learning courses, learning from others, communicating and debating topics with others, and building and growing together cannot be replaced by any other learning experience in my life. These experiences, along with the in-class learning, have molded me into the individual that I am today. For that, my Allegheny education means everything to me.

Why I give back: I give back because I am proud. I am proud to be an Allegheny alumna, and I tell others about my experiences every chance I get. I am proud of the legacy that Allegheny has in its 200 years as a college and want to be part of continuing that legacy for at least another 200 years to come. The only way for this to happen is with the support of the students, both current and of years gone by.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent as a way to continue supporting Allegheny. I am excited to continue to be a small part of the support system of the school that has shaped me into who I am today.

Christine Wagner ’11Christine Wagner 8-12-16 Cropped

ca_wagner@me.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Mathematics

Job Title: MAT Student at the University of Pittsburgh

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Peer Leader, Resident Advisor, Choir (College Choir, Chamber Choir, Chamber Singers, Women’s Chorus), Allegheny Ambassadors and the Ambassadors Leadership Committee, Ballroom Dance, Meadville Community Theatre, Academy Theatre

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny means so much to me beyond simply the value of my degree. It was a place full of people who supported and inspired me, helping me to be successful and shaping the person I am today. It allowed me to encounter so many more experiences and opportunities than I would have elsewhere. Allegheny helped me to discover and foster new skills, new interests, new friends, and a renewed confidence in myself – all of which will truly last a lifetime.

Why I give back: I will never forget all of the advantages that Allegheny provided me, and I am glad that I am able to give back to an institution that gave me so much. Allegheny truly allowed me to flourish, and I would love nothing more than to see future generations of Gators do the same. I know that my gift makes a direct impact on current and future Alleghenians, providing them access to the same amazing opportunities I had and keeping our alma mater strong.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Allegheny’s reputation is a reflection of its students, past and present, and I want it to always express good things about the Allegheny community. Being a Class Agent is just one way I can help work toward that goal. As alumni, we know that there is no place better than Allegheny, but it is our job to help future generations see that as well. Alumni support is the easiest and best way to show that “We Are Allegheny” – and that is a great thing to be. 

2004-2008

2010

Brett Fuchs ’10Brett Fuchs

brett.fuchs@gmail.com

Current City: Marshall, MO

Major: Political Science; Values, Ethics, & Social Action

Job Title: Director of Housing & Residence Life at Missouri Valley College

Campus Organizations: ASG, Hillel, Colleges Against Cancer, Residence Life

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny has helped shape who I am today. It provided me opportunities that I never could have experienced elsewhere. I am thankful to the community that helped shape who I am today.

Why I give back: I give back with the hope that I can help current and future Alleghenians have the same life-changing, experience that I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To help keep my classmates involved in the place we once called our home away from home.

Macae Lintelman ’10Macae Final Headshot Lync - Colored (2)

macaelintelman@gmail.com

Current City: Washington, D.C.

Major: Self Designed – Professional Writing and Media Studies

Job Title: Digital Customer Experience Consultant – Accenture

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Allegheny Tour Guide, the Campus, Generation to Generation, America Reads, Senior Gift Committee, Allegheny Ambassadors

What my Allegheny education means to me: I was once told that, whatever I do in life, I should surround myself with smart people … who will argue with me. That’s why I went to Allegheny. At Allegheny, simple answers aren’t easily accepted. You have to rise to the occasion with each discussion, each paper, each internship. Your professors and peers test you, and pretty soon (after enough heated debates and office-hour chats) you find your insecurities fading away and your passion shining through. Each and every day, I was challenged to become my best self – and while it’s still a work-in-progress – thanks to Allegheny, I’m a whole lot closer to getting there.

Why I give back: Allegheny changed my life. The least I can do is give back a few hours of my time.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It’s a great way to stay in touch with alumni and chat about our fond and collective memories!

Caitlin O’Brien-Rice ’10Caitlin O'Brien-Rice

cobrienrice@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title/Occupation: Director of Annual Fund and Director of Alumnae Relations, Oakland Catholic High School

Campus Organizations: Delta Delta Delta, Phone-a-Thon, Collegiate Leadership Conference, Alternative Spring Break, Senior Class Gift Committee, Year of Social Change Student Ambassador

What my Allegheny education means to me: My experiences at Allegheny College have undoubtedly altered the course of my life in an incredibly meaningful way. As a student, I was challenged and empowered to become the best version of myself. Allegheny has influenced my life both personally and professionally to the extent that I can confidently say that without Allegheny College, my life and career would not be as enjoyable or fulfilling.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny College because I am forever grateful for the impact that our alma mater has had on my life. I cannot imagine a better place to have gone to college, and I feel that it is my duty to ensure that Allegheny remains an instrumental force in the lives of future generations of Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: While I am very vocal about my enthusiasm for Allegheny College, I know that an even bigger impact will be made on our alma mater if I am able to engage fellow alumni. Serving Allegheny as a Class Agent is a unique way to give back to the school while also staying connected to my classmates. Allegheny’s extensive network of diverse and successful alumni is one of our greatest strengths, and I am honored to play a part in maintaining the integrity of our Allegheny alumni community.

2009

Ian Brost ’09

ianbrost@gmail.com

Current City: Buffalo, NY

Major: Political Science

Job Title: IT/Organizational Performance

Campus Organizations: Phi Delta Theta, Choir, Chamber Choir, Allegheny Student Government, Senior Class Officers, Varsity Tennis, Experiential Learning Trip: South Africa, Washington Semester at American University, Ski Club

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny exposed me to new ideas, places, and people. I was able to travel around the world through courses available at Allegheny.

Why I give back: Allegheny depends on its alumni to support the school. I don’t like to live by the phrase, “I don’t need to give support, someone else will.” I need to take action and do my part.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I loved my time at Allegheny and want to stay connected as much as I can. I want to help the school that helped me grow into who I am today.

Ron Deems ’09

Lydia Gearhart ’09

Molly Hanlon ’09molly hanlon 9-26-14

hanlonmt@gmail.com

Current City: State College, PA

Major: Biochemistry

Job Title: Ph.D. Student in Plant Biology, Pennsylvania State University

Campus Organizations: Swimming and Diving Team, Admissions Tour Guide

What my Allegheny education means to me: My time at Allegheny changed my perspectives on life and resulted in a professional trajectory that I would have never predicted, but now would never change. I made lifelong friends and collected innumerable memories. I wouldn’t be who I am today without Allegheny.

Why I give back: I want everyone to have the type of formative and enriching experience that I had at Allegheny. Every contribution helps to give someone this opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I really believe in the education and community of Allegheny, and I tell everyone I know about it. Reminding my friends about this and turning our memories into donations seems like a no-brainer.

Xun Li ’09

Sarah McAfoose ’09Sarah McAfoose 9-18-14

sarah.mcafoose@yahoo.com

Current City: Bloomington, IN

Major: Music/Women’s Studies

Job Title: Advancement Specialist

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi Omega, Choir, Women’s Ensemble, Wind Symphony

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the building blocks to successfully complete two graduate degrees. The friendships, mentors, and connections I made during those four years have continued well beyond my collegiate years. I am always proud to tell people I have an Allegheny education.

Why I give back: Working in development and alumni relations, I know many reasons why it’s important to give back. But the real reason is because I want to continue to give to a school that continually gives so much to me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to both catch up and keep in contact with former classmates and to continue my connection with my alma mater.

Aurora Schul Schunk ’09Aurora Schunk 7-9-15 Cropped

schunkam@gmail.com

Current City: Buffalo, NY

Major: History

Job Title: Higher Education/Community Engagement

Campus Organizations: Delta Delta Delta, Phi Alpha Theta, Archives Intern, Peer Leader, Experiential Learning Trip: Italy, America Reads

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me so much both in and out of the classroom. The experiences in my classes taught me to think critically, creatively solve problems, delve deep and continue to ask questions. Outside of the classroom, volunteering, experiential learning and Delta Delta Delta membership taught me how to communicate effectively and the power of collaboration and organizing. I use a combination of these skills each day in my personal and professional life.

Why I give back: I give back because I am proud of being an Allegheny alumna. I am proud of the legacy that Allegheny has and its distinction as a premier institution of higher education. When I transferred I was awarded a scholarship that otherwise would have made it impossible for me to attend. I give back so that other students are afforded the same opportunities that I was.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I believe in the impact that Allegheny has on the lives of students, the Meadville community and the national discourse on higher education.

Laura Summers ’09Laura Summers 11-11-14

laurella.summers@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Supervisor of Prevention Services

Campus Organizations: Gator Rowing, Allegheny Student Government

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny prepared me for a myriad of opportunities since graduation and gave me the critical-thinking skills necessary to be successful.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny because I want this experience to be available for generations to come. Allegheny is more than just four years earning a degree; it’s where lifelong friendships are built and intelligence sharpened.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I’m glad to serve as a Class Agent because I want to participate in a meaningful way toward a school that gave so much to me.

Ashlee Lang Sydlik ’09ashlee_sydlik 9-18-14

Ashleenicolelang@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Neuroscience and Psychology

Job Title: Testing Coordinator – Academic and Cognitive Testing

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Alpha Delta Pi, Panhellenic Council, Grounds For Change, Senior Class Gift Committee, Learning Commons Writing Consultant

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience allowed me to explore many interests while receiving a top-notch liberal arts education. Allegheny gave me incredible leadership opportunities and lifelong friends. My Allegheny education prepared me to enter the “real world” with the skills to succeed professionally while mutually valuing civic engagement.

Why I give back: I give back because I am so grateful for my collegiate experience. I want to play a small part to help create memorable Allegheny experiences for future Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know how proud Allegheny graduates are of our “Allegheny Advantage.” Encouraging others to share their Allegheny pride while increasing alumni giving are my goals. I am especially excited to serve Allegheny during its Bicentennial celebration year.

Brandon Tirpak ‘09

brandon.jon86@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Spanish

Job Title: Consultant and Assistant Editor

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Newman Club, College Republicans

What my Allegheny education means to me: My years at Allegheny were truly transforming for me. My education at Allegheny is much more than a diploma or letters on my resume, but truly an experience and period of extreme personal and academic growth.

Why I give back: I give back to provide opportunities to Allegheny that were afforded to me by my predecessors. I value my education at Allegheny much higher than my investment in tuition, so I want to ensure that current students experience the great opportunities that I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to raise awareness about the power of our alumni base and how we can all contribute to a better education for current and future Allegheny students.

2008

Mark Fisher ’08  Mark Fisher 2-19-16 Cropped

mrk.fisher1@gmail.com

Current City: Rockville, MD

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Associate Manager – Grassroots Campaign Stratedy, American Heart Association

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Queers and Allies, Allegheny Student Government, Allegheny College Television, Lambda Sigma, Pi Sigma Alpha, Alternative Spring Break, Washington Semester Program

What my Allegheny education means to me: My four years at Allegheny transformed me from a shy, awkward kid to a confident young man who was confident in himself and his abilities. Allegheny allowed me to explore interests that I didn’t know I had and make lifetime friends. The school shaped me into who I am today, and I am forever grateful.

Why I give back: It’s simple. I want everyone to have the same life-changing experience that I had in college. I am proud of my school, and I want others to feel the same way about their alma mater.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know other alumni feel very connected to Allegheny, and I hope I can strengthen that bond by showing them how they can give back to a school they hold near and dear to their hearts.

James Jones ’08James Jones 9-1-14

jamesmitchelljones@yahoo.com

Current City: Monroeville, PA

Major: Biology

Job Title: Family Medicine Physician

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Football, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Intramural Sports

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny instilled in me the work ethic, both on the athletic field and in the classroom, to become the best student, athlete, and physician that I can be. The diversity in my studies, required by the College, made me a well-rounded individual and opened up opportunities that I didn’t realize were available to me.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny because it gave me five of the best years of my life. I have lifelong friends that I made throughout my tenure at the College, from the day I moved into Crawford Hall to the day I walked across that stage at graduation. My life, my parents’ lives, and my future children’s lives will be forever changed because of my decision to attend Allegheny.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to keep alumni connected with the College that gave us so much. The only way the College can continue to help current and future Gators is if we, the alumni, continue to support it with our words, actions, and donations.

Hillary Kosnac ’08

hillary.kosnac@gmail.comHillary Kosnac

Current City: San Diego, CA

Major: Spanish and Political Science

Job Title: Coordinator of Field Operations, Mexican Migration Field Research and Training Program

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi Omega, Residence Life, Service Leader-ESL Program at Ernst Farm, EL Trip to Nicaragua, Cornerstones, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Iota, Pi Sigma Alpha

What my Allegheny education means to me: I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to attend Allegheny. My education did not just take place in the classroom; it also occurred as I spoke with professors outside of class, worked with local organizations, and volunteered abroad. Allegheny encouraged me not only to pursue academic excellence, but also excellence in service to those around me and the broader community. It is with this belief that I live my life.

Why I give back: I truly see my Allegheny education as transformative. Whether it is through working as a Class Agent or writing holiday letters to prospective students, it makes me proud to be able to give back to a school that has given me so much.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I believe in Allegheny. I believe that Allegheny has the power to change lives and communities. Consequently, I want to do my part to ensure a continued, bright future for Allegheny and its students. Plus, I love catching up with fellow Gators!

Mary Ellen Mitchell ’08

Jen Wilmore ’08jennifer wilmore

jmwilmore@gmail.com

Current City: Cleveland, Ohio

Major: English

Job Title: Associate at Jones Day

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Gator Improv, Alpha Phi Omega, Admissions Tour Guide, Writing Consultant

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny was where I learned to explore beyond the classroom and I learned that you could learn as much from a relationship as you could from a textbook. The people are the soul of the campus, and it was obvious every day that they would support each step of my education. Allegheny is a place to test your boundaries and seek new opportunities, and I have carried that with me.

Why I give back: Allegheny deserves our support. I look back on my time there with fondness, but I also appreciate the school’s continuing humility in the face of its excellence, its ability to nurture academic and personal growth in students, and its culture of caring. It is a gem that deserves enthusiastic alumni.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: In many ways Allegheny’s influence grows better with time. Being a Class Agent provides a chance to help classmates stay connected to four wonderful years of their lives that they may only now be fully appreciating.   

2007 10th Reunion Committee Members

Melissa Brockett ’07

Allison Minetti Brooks ’07

Christine Dersi Davis ’07

Jennifer DeSalvo ’07

Heather Hahn ’07

Katherine Pankowski Heckman ’07

Joshua Macel ’07

Justin McNeill ’07

Thomas Miller ’07

Kristen Ostosky ’07

John Pappas ’07

Andrew Peterson ’07

Jennifer Rodzinak ’07

James Voithofer ’07

Samantha Walsh ’07

2006

Jessica Dabrowski Haberley ’06

dabrowj@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Television News Reporter

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Order of Omega, ONTAP, Peer Leadership Liaison

What my Allegheny education means to me: My four years at Allegheny made an impression on me that will last a lifetime.  The education opened my mind and continues to open doors to opportunities long after graduation.

Why I give back: I want current and future students to have an enriching experience at Allegheny, and I know that won’t happen without alumni support.  I want to stay connected to a place that means so much to me.  And I want to do what I can to help Allegheny maintain a stellar reputation.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I enjoyed volunteering as a member of my ten year reunion committee and was honored to be asked to serve in this capacity.

1999-2003

2005

Matt Carcella ’05Matt Carcella 10-22-15 Cropped

matt.carcella@gmail.com

Current City: Ithaca, NY

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Director, Diversity Alumni Programs

Campus Organizations: The Campus, Allegheny Gay Pride, Tour Guide, Debate Team, ACCEL Study Tour, Committee on Diversity Issues, Peer Project Leader, Lambda Sigma

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me to think critically and be responsibly critical of the world around me and to learn about others in an effort to understand myself better. I didn’t leave Allegheny with a career goal in mind, but I left a better version of myself and a lifelong learner.

Why I give back: I believe in the value of a liberal arts education that is academically rigorous. I want to see Allegheny recognized as one of the best small colleges in the nation – I know we already are the best.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Service to institutions that have shaped our lives and our world view is the most humbling form of gratitude.

Adam Cromie ’05Adam Cromie 10-19-15

cromie.adam@gmail.com

Current City: Alexandria, VA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Assistant General Manager, Washington Nationals

Campus Organizations: Football, College Republicans, VITA Tax Volunteer, Alden Scholar, Peer Leader, Freshman Seminar Assistant

Joe Knupp ’05

joseph.knupp@gmail.com 

2004

Brian O’Malley ’04Brian O'Mally 10-16-15

bomalley36@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Chief of Staff, Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Football Team

What my Allegheny education means to me: I went off to college to earn a degree, but I ended up taking with me much more than that. The classroom experience helped to prepare me for my career, especially with a focus on writing skills. The lessons learned in creating friendships and working with others on projects both in and out of the classroom helped to prepare me for a job in my field. The Allegheny network was extremely helpful, as I was offered a position in my field of study by another Allegheny alumnus shortly after I graduated.

Why I give back: My four years at Allegheny were an amazing time in my life. I met my wonderful wife during our freshman year. I made friends that I will have for the rest of my life. Allegheny helped me meet people who have had a huge impact on my life. I want to ensure that new students have the same opportunities I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know how important it is to higher education that we help to fund the future generations of classes that attend the school. I would like to do my part to achieve a higher donor participation percentage from graduates of Allegheny.

Gina Esposito O’Malley ’04  Gina O'Malley Cropped 10-15-15

ginamomalley@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: English (creative writing track)

Job Title: Manager of Special Events

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Experiential Learning Trip: Greece, America Reads, Gator Day Volunteer/Speaker

What my Allegheny education means to me: In addition to the rich academic offerings at Allegheny, I also value the way our professors encouraged us to think critically and converse thoughtfully. Challenging coursework built a strong work ethic, while the tight-knit campus environment, outstanding faculty, and extracurricular opportunities built character and friendship.

Why I give back: Allegheny introduced me to the people, experiences, and subject matter that have paved the way for a happy and productive professional and personal life. I am so grateful for my experiences at the College and want others to enjoy the same opportunities for years to come.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Serving as a Class Agent allows me to stay connected to Allegheny and my classmates. I enjoy promoting the College’s good work while reminding my peers that there are so many ways they can give back to the school that gave us so much.

Jamie Jansen Stromoski ’04

mrsstromoski@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Regional Account Manager – Group Benefits

Campus Organizations: Allegation, Habitat for Humanity, Kappa Alpha Theta, Tour Guide, Teacher’s Assistant in the TV Studio, Choir, MADD volunteer.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the foundation in education and communication skills that have allowed me to successfully network in a field in which I never even imagined I would love working.

Why I give back: Due to the generous contributions of alumni before me, I was able to attend Allegheny. Without the scholarships I was awarded, I may not have been able to attend my first-choice school. I hope that my donations to Allegheny can give another future student the same opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope to remind my classmates of the amazing time we had at Allegheny in hopes that together we can collect funds to allow both additional scholarships and campus development.

2003

Shannon Barron ’03Shannon Barron 10-15-15 Cropped

smcneill66@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: English

Job Title: Assistant Director/Librarian

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Up ‘Til Dawn, Dance Team

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education is the backbone of every adventure and is the core of my success. Allegheny’s liberal arts foundation is the reason why I was able to achieve a 4.0 in graduate school and why I have been able to explore so many paths in life. Allegheny makes students into lifelong learners, and that’s something I try to remember every day.

Why I give back: I give back because I want students to receive the same quality education that I did. I want Allegheny to continue to open minds and doors for students long into the future. And I want to make sure that Allegheny has the resources and facilities for 21st-century learning. When I give to Allegheny, I know I’m giving a gift that won’t go unnoticed. It all makes a difference.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I believe strongly in the liberal arts education that Allegheny provides. We need students who are flexible thinkers and passionate souls. I give because I believe high-quality education makes a difference in this world, and Allegheny gives students a chance to be lifelong learners and leaders.

Devon Halley ’03  Devon Halley 10-15-15 Cropped

devonhalley@gmail.com

Current City: Alexandria, VA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Engagement Manager – Deloitte Digital

Campus Organizations: Cross Country/Track and Field, Allegheny Student Government, WARC, Residence Life

What my Allegheny education means to me: For me, Allegheny’s education taught me how to connect the dots across a wide range of disciplines and subjects in a way that allows me to derive insights that make me unique among my non-Allegheny peers.

Why I give back: I fully acknowledge that I would not be who I am, and where I am, without the experience and education that Allegheny afforded me. Giving back whatever I can is an important part of acknowledging the role Allegheny has played in my successes.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent in deference to all that Allegheny has given to me, and all that I want to see it become. I am confident that my experience with Allegheny, while singular to me, was not unique. Being a Class Agent is a great way for me to help Allegheny grow and thrive to allow others to have the same great set of experiences that I did.

Matthew Kozlowski ’03Matthew Kozlowski 3-16-15 Cropped

mattkoz81@gmail.com

Current City: Durham, NC

Major: Communication Arts and Psychology

Job Title: Vice President at Pennington & Company

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Delta Tau Delta

What my Allegheny education means to me: The critical-thinking skills that I learned in and out of the classroom at Allegheny help me every day. The environment at Allegheny is challenging while also very encouraging and familial. Perhaps more importantly are the personal connections I made –many of whom have become closer friends in the years since graduation.

Why I give back: A college experience as thorough as Allegheny’s is ironically priceless, but with an obvious and significant cost. I am always impressed by the scholarship program available to our students, but we can do better. No student who wants to come to Allegheny should be turned away due to cost.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is important for our generation to get involved and develop a history of giving back to the College that gave so much to us. I know many of us are struggling with student debt, but making a small sacrifice to give back is rewarding and will ensure future generations have the same opportunities we did.

Melissa Spas ’03 Melissa Spas

melissaspas@gmail.com

Current City: Bloomington, IN

Major: Religious Studies and Women’s Studies

Job Title: Director of Strategic Initiatives, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Society for the Advancement of Gender Equality

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the confidence to trust my own intellectual curiosity. I learned to read critically and write carefully at Allegheny, and I experienced the many rewards of friendships built around ideas and ideals.

Why I give back: Allegheny alumni and friends made it possible, through scholarships, for me to be an Allegheny student in the first place, and I want other students like me to have that same opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My class is full of talented, committed, and interesting people, and I’m always excited to talk about Allegheny with others who share my appreciation for those special years.

2001

Kurt Foriska ’01Kurt Foriska

foriska.1@osu.edu

Current City: Columbus, OH

Major: Biology

Job Title: Development Professional at Ohio State University

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, ASG, WARC DJ, Homecoming, Omicron Delta Kappa, Lambda Sigma, Order of Omega, Peer Project Leader

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny really taught me how to think differently and write better. I mean, where else do you lose points for grammar on a lab report? That made all the difference.

Why I give back: I believe that Allegheny does make a difference in your life, and someone made that gift possible for me by giving back. Now it’s my turn.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I believe in the Allegheny experience and am excited to reconnect fellow classmates with the memories that made our experiences so great. And the free stuff – we get free stuff, right?

Amanda Harris ’01Amanda Harris

acharris1908@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Manager of Sales/EHR Software Sales

Campus Organizations: Everything

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education prepared me for the demands of working in corporate America.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me so much, from a great education to friendships with classmates, administrators and faculty. The majority of my close friends are my friends from Allegheny. I give back because I want current and future students to have the positive experience I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Alumni participation in donating to Allegheny is low, and fond memories don’t pay the bills in running the College. I want to help translate everyone’s fond memories into donations that can continue the good work happening at Allegheny that helped me and my classmates become successful.

Jenny Hoople ’01Jenny Hoople 8-5-16 Cropped

jennyhoople@gmail.com

Current City: Beloit, WI

Major: Fine Art

Job Title: Self Employed Artist

Campus Organizations: Outdoors Club, Students For Environmental Action, Allegheny Gay Pride, Geology Club, Student Art Society, Grounds For Change, Meditation Club

What my Allegheny education means to me: I honestly didn’t fully appreciate my Allegheny education until I got out in the world and noticed the impressed looks I got when I told people where I’d gone to college. Now I can see that it wasn’t so much the subjects I took, but that in every class and social interaction, Allegheny helped me learn how to think critically, care deeply and believe with conviction in myself. It isn’t what we learned about, but rather how we learned to be.

Why I give back: I always give back because I love Allegheny. My mom worked in the Alumni office, so I know how important it is that every alumni gives, if even a little, because those statistics help Allegheny get recognition. I also give because I received a lot of financial assistance and I know how much that assistance means to the students going to Allegheny right now. Time to pay it forward!

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I signed up to be a class agent because I was really surprised to see what a low percentage of alumni give back, especially knowing that even the smallest gift helps so much. 

1999

Kara Erdodi Arguello ’99

kara.arguello@gmail.com

Current City: San Jose, CA

Current Employment: Attorney

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: The Campus newspaper, WARC, Student Experimental Theater

What my Allegheny education means to me: The broad liberal arts curriculum at Allegheny exposed me to ideas and topics I might have never explored anywhere else. I was able to study international government, geopolitics, and the literature of those regions all in the same day.

Why I give back: The years I spent at Allegheny were defining in terms of developing into the adult I would become and furthering my non-academic interests. Some of my most treasured friendships to date were formed on campus.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I always have been proud to list Allegheny on my resume and suggest it to young men and women who are beginning their college searches. I believe Allegheny’s reputation and my association with it always has been an asset in my continuing education and in my career.

Judson Franklin Wible ’99

wible@pbworld.com

Current City: Ewing, NJ

Major: Physics

Current Employment: Parsons Brinckerhoff – Senior Structural Engineer

Campus Organizations: Soccer, Phi Kappa Psi, Annual Fund Phonathon Caller, Choir, Freshman Seminar Adviser

What my Allegheny education means to me: The brochures tell you that Allegheny teaches you how to think, but more importantly I feel that it teaches you how to act, how to make a difference in the lives of individuals, and how to solve some of the world’s most complex problems. We have alumni who are working on a cure for cancer, and ones that spend time helping individuals in hospice care. In short, our alumni are worldly and full of the good world, and I’m very happy to stand amongst them.

Why I give back: When your mother and your father and your father’s father went to Allegheny, you get to appreciate the history of Allegheny, of roots, and of legacies. I give because it’s about the next generation of leaders who walk our campus two, 20, or 200 years from now and what they are going to accomplish as they follow in our footsteps. Our building the future for them is the reason why I give money, but I give more in time because those who came before us steadied us in our path and guided us forward, and it’s our time to do that for others.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Selfishly it’s an opportunity to keep Allegheny in the forefront of my daily life where commutes, schedules, and bills clamor for their due. But it’s also a great way to keep the bonds of friendship together and to re-establish networks that may have faded – dusting off nostalgia, highlighting how that time period in our lives has made us what we are today, or in some cases how much we’ve changed since we walked Brooks Walk. Reaffirming those connections with those who shared the same experience; that’s why I serve as a Class Agent.

1994-1998  
1997

Stephanie Schafer D’Andrea ’97Stephanie D & Partner 6-10-16

schaf7@yahoo.com

Current City: Long Island, NY

Major: Political Science/German

Job Title: Special Agent

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Honor Committee, Club Soccer, Alpha Phi Omega, ASG, Phi Beta Kappa, I can’t remember the rest of them but there were many :)

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny provided my foundation – to be independent, strong and creative in thinking and problem solving.  I was afforded amazing opportunities to grow not only as a student, but as a human.  LOVED my time at AC.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me so much, I find it impossible not to want to give back.  I feel strongly about supporting Allegheny not only financially, but also with my time.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I would like to help get other classmates excited about supporting our Alma Mater.  

1995

Allyson Cunius ’95

Jen Fitzpatrick ’95

1994

Greg Ward ’94

g_w_ward@yahoo.com

Current City: Rocky River, OH

Current Employment: Chief Financial Officer in Commercial Real Estate Lending

Major: Economics and English

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Football Team, RA/RD, Allegheny Newman

What my Allegheny education means to me: At Allegheny, I learned to accomplish large assignments; think critically; question the logic behind statements and numbers; articulate ideas, concepts and beliefs; and work well with others. If I could describe the traits I value in professional colleagues, the items that I list above would all be very high on my list.

Why I give back: I benefited from Allegheny in so many ways, some of which were not clear until five or 10 years after graduation. I grew as a person, student, and mentor to others over my four years at Allegheny and was able to set out upon a path of my choosing. I had the good fortune to meet my wife at Allegheny. We cherish our Allegheny education, both the learning in the classroom and extracurricular education. I received some scholarship assistance and appreciated those who went before me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I benefited from the support of those before us through scholarship assistance. I believe in contributing to Allegheny to allow the college to continue to provide assistance to students. Also, Allegheny takes leadership on numerous issues that I believe are important: civility in politics, environmental stewardship. I believe that grassroots alumni support of the College helps perpetuate these efforts. Finally, I have appreciated the tremendous education that I received and wish to help as many others have such an opportunity.

1990-1993
1992 25th Reunion Committee Members

Carah Casler ’92

Sarah Klomp Fedirka ’92

Pamela Karle Frame ’92

Jennifer McNaughton ’92

Daniel Reagle ’92

1991

We’re regrouping following our reunion year!   

1987 30th Reunion Committee Members

Gretchen Miller ’87

Laurie Satlzgiver ’87

Karl Weiss ’87

1986

1982

Jolene Regis Steinmetz ’82Jolene Steinmetz

jolenesteinmetz@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: Chemistry

Campus Organizations: Wind Symphony, Civic Orchestra, Allegheny Newman, Lambda Sigma.

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned how to think as an Allegheny College student. I remember the elaborate “story problems” that were on my Chemistry I tests that required not only an understanding of specific scientific knowledge, but also the ability to comprehend the entire scenario that was presented in order to solve each problem. The ability to think was demonstrated by those high level problems. Creative thinking and problem solving in various work and life situations are attributes that I am very proud of, and I credit my Allegheny education for initiating the development of those skills.

Why I give back: I choose to give back because I loved my four years at Allegheny. Aside from gaining a great education, I forged lifelong friendships, developed my independence, and had a tremendous amount of fun. I have been giving back consistently since I graduated because I have always appreciated and felt connected to the college.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My daughter is a member of the Allegheny Class of 2015. During the summer before her senior year, she was chosen along with five other students to participate in the Allegheny-sponsored Vivekananda Institute of Indian Studies Internship program in Mysore, India. There was a tremendous amount of effort put forth by the College to make this internship a reality, and the experience was amazing! That same summer she researched for a professor on campus as a Mellon Fellow. She also studied abroad for a semester in Lancaster, England, and during that semester she traveled to 12 European countries. These transformative experiences have helped her to grow as a person, both in independence and self-confidence. I act as a Class Agent to show my gratitude for the Allegheny advantage that both of us have experienced and to ensure that future students are provided similar wonderful opportunities.

1983

Nelson Larkins ’83

Allan Linke ’83

1981

Priscilla Lange Summers ’81

prissumm@gmail.com.com

Current City: Roswell, GA

Major: English/Chemistry Minor

Job Title: Information Technology Specialist

Campus Organizations: AGD, Swim Team, SGA

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education provided a great foundation for preparing me for entering the workforce. The professors’ first priority was the students. I appreciated the small class sizes and individualized attention.

Why I give back: Not much is more important than a great education, and that is what I got when I went to Allegheny. I give back so others can get this great experience.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is a simple way to give back to Allegheny. 

1978

Hiller Hardie ’78Hiller Harie (Male) 10-25-15 Cropped

hillerhardi@yahoo.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: CPA (semi-retired)

Campus Organizations: Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Allegheny Student Government

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny prepared me to think critically and communicate clearly. In addition, it provided me with a well-rounded education that enables me to quickly understand complex topics in my profession and life.

Why I give back: Allegheny was such an important part of my life that I feel it is only right to give back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Dedicated alumni are a very valuable resource to Allegheny. I hope my efforts will help to sustain and cultivate this resource.

Beverly Ryan ’78

1977 40th Reunion Committee Members

Richard Doncaster ’77

Carol Evans ’77

Louis Petrucci ’77

Martin Pfinsgraff ’77

Scott Roth ’77

1976

Sarah Flynn Erickson ’76Sarah Erickson Cropped

s.f.erickson@att.net

Current City: Stone Mountain, GA

Major: History

Job Title: Rev. Dr./Director, the Center for Lifelong Learning at Columbia Theological Seminary

Campus Organizations: Kappa Alpha Theta, Wind Ensemble, Women’s Choir, RA Senior Year

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned how to learn – to think critically, to evaluate, test, revise accordingly – and to love learning deeply, creatively. It’s where I started to clarify that was my life’s work, in various contexts.

Why I give back: I give back what I can – time and money – because, as my mother (also an Allegheny grad) said, “to care is to do.” I do it because I care that Allegheny continues to be a place where others kindle and nurture a love of learning.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: The short answer? While I give proportionally from my financial resources, they are not unlimited. And I’d like to give more. Encouraging others to give by investing my time works. And it’s a great way for this extrovert to connect with folks from those four formative years.

Grace Hawkes Nielsen ’76Grace Nielsen 8-12-16 Cropped

nielsen5@bendcable.com

Current City: Bend, OR

Major: English

Job Title: Retired elementary school Media Manager/Librarian

Campus Organizations: WARC, Kappa Alpha Theta

What my Allegheny education means to me: I have always felt that Allegheny was a sacred place; so much learning, connecting, and growing occurred there. There I made not only lifelong friends, but found my husband! I learned how to think critically, appreciate diversity, love arts and culture, and revel in the liberal arts experience.

Why I give back: Allegheny College is SUCH an important part of my becoming the woman I am today, it behooves me to pay back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: After serving on my 40th Reunion committee (which was SO great!), I feel honor-bound to support Allegheny College in any way I can.

1972

Richard Taaffe ’72

1967 50th Reunion Committee Members

Joane Jaeckel Corderman ’67

Isabella Thoburn Dorr ’67

Joseph Kinego ’67

Isabelle Crabb Moss ’67

Andrea Ammann Parker ’67

Stephen Scott ’67

Jon Swanson ’67

Dana Williams Toedtman ’67

Peggy Stillman Truesdale ’67

1966

Craig Toedtman ’66Craig Toedtman 9-5-14

craigt@toedtman.com

Current city: Blue Bell, PA

Major: Economics

Job title: Founder/CEO

Campus Oganizations: Phi Delta Theta, Ssingers, Swim Team, Block A, Inter-Fraternity Council

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny – the keystone in the keystone state. The final piece in preparing me to begin my adventure. Allegheny was a true learning experience, developing my curiosity to find out “why?”…to read, to write, to pursue the rewards of life-long learning experiences, to recognize the importance of civic duty. And, most importantly, it brought me my life-long partner and wife, Dana Williams ’67!

Why I give back: To help support Allegheny’s learning community to enrich students and help launch and develop their creativity and critical thinking.

Why I serve as a class agent: I was asked…and, with the continuing importance of Allegheny College in my life, how could I say no! 

1961

Richard Borrison ’61

borrison1457@juno.com

Current City: Sunnyvale, CA

Major: Chemistry

Job Title: Retired Physician

Campus Organizations: Student Government, Phi Delta Theta

What my Allegheny education means to me: First step to a future career.

Why I give back: I want Allegheny to continue to provide quality education to a wide variety of students regardless of finances. 

1958

Lynne Crandall Hammerstrom ’58

lhammerstrom@hotmail.com

Current City: Marquette, MI

Major: American Studies

Job Title: Homemaker/Volunteer

Campus Organizations: Associated Women Students Senate, Associated Women Students President, Cwens President, Junior Advisor, Allegheny Undergraduate Council, Debate Team, Kappa Alpha Theta, Phi Beta Kappa

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned to work with many different people and really enjoyed the relationship between faculty and students. I was lucky to be at Allegheny when only 1,200 students attended, and felt like I knew everyone.

Why I give back: I think our liberal arts College deserves to be helped in any way I can. I worry that students are becoming too specialized, too soon and are unwilling to take courses that teach us to think. Allegheny opened my eyes to so many things.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I have given to Allegheny’s Annual Fund each year and believe that I and other graduates have an obligation to “keep a good thing going.”