What is a Class Agent?
Class Agents are alumni volunteers who cultivate relationships with classmates and encourage them to reconnect to the College. Class Agents also solicit their peers for gifts to the Annual Fund in an effort to increase the number of alumni who support the College financially. The agents for each class are the primary Annual Fund fund-raisers for everyone who graduated in that class. Class Agents are recruited based on their leadership qualities, involvement on campus as a student and their interest in Allegheny since graduation.
The purpose of the Class Agent Program is to use peer-to-peer solicitation to increase the number of alumni who financially support the College. The primary role of a Class Agent is to successfully solicit 10 gifts from fellow Gators who did not give during last year’s Annual Fund drive. College solicitations can only do so much – there is no more compelling request than a Class Agent asking a peer to invest in the College you both know and love.
Class Agents must possess the ability and willingness to:
- Serve as an important example by giving consistently and early in the fiscal year.
- Assume a leadership role in securing unrestricted annual financial support for Allegheny.
- Familiarize themselves with and remain informed about the College.
- Communicate effectively and promptly.
- Successfully solicit 10 classmates who did not make a financial contribution to the College during last year’s Annual Fund drive to give a gift (of any size) between now and June 30, 2014.
- Throughout the year, encourage fellow Alleghenians to give a gift to the Annual Fund by posting messages on Facebook and Twitter, and/or reaching out through texts or emails.
- Co-sign, along with the other Class Agents, select College communications to your class about supporting the Annual Fund.
- Communicate specific donor interests and concerns to the Annual Giving office.
- Be knowledgeable about the careers and interests of fellow classmates.
- Thank classmates for their contributions with a personal note, email, or phone call.
If you are interested in becoming a Class Agent, please contact a member of our staff at email@example.com.