Our Volunteers

Thank you to all of our volunteers serving as Class Agents and reunion committee members! To find your class volunteers, select your class year below. If you are interested in serving Allegheny as an agent for your class, please contact a member of our staff at classagents@allegheny.edu.

2017

Tessa Cryderman ’17

tessa.cryderman@gmail.com

Current City: Washington, D.C.

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Next Level Partners, LLC; Junior Associate

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Annual Fund Office Assistant

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has shaped me into the person I am today. The liberal arts curriculum has challenged me and encouraged me to learn and explore new things. The professors at Allegheny have supported my learning and encouraged me to take exciting internships and study-abroad experiences.

Why I give back: My education would not have been possible without the generous Allegheny College alumni and donors. It is now my responsibility and privilege to support the next generation of Allegheny students.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: After working in the Alumni Office for four years, I have seen the benefit of Class Agents first hand. They are at times the direct line from alumni to the College. I want to serve as a Class Agent to help encourage my fellow classmates to continue giving back to our Alma Mater. Also, I think Class Agents help keep our pride and love for Allegheny College alive!

Ezra Pasackow ’17

pasackowe@gmail.com

Current City: Hinesburg, VT

Major: Environmental Studies and Spanish

Campus Organizations: Men’s Varsity Soccer Team, Hillel, Admissions staff member

What my Allegheny education means to me: My education and experience at Allegheny helped me figure out what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The education allowed me to view problems and solutions from many different aspects. Because of my time at Allegheny, I feel prepared to make a difference in the world.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny because of all it gave to me. My experience wouldn’t have been possible or as meaningful if it were not for the generous work of alumni. I give back so future generations of Gators can have the same fulfilling experiences that I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I chose to be a Class Agent so I can help empower more students to achieve their personal and professional goals.

Andrew Skelly ’17

skellya@bc.edu

Current City: Boston, MA

Major: Mathematics

Job Title: Office of Student Involvement Graduate Assistant

Campus Organizations: Alumni Council, Phi Gamma Delta, Residence Life, Pi Mu Epsilon, Lambda Sigma, Senior Class Gift Committee, Curriculum Committee, WARC

What my Allegheny education means to me: To me, my Allegheny education was more than just an academic education. Allegheny provided to me a comprehensive education on life as a whole. It helped me grow intellectually, socially, and so much more. It truly helped me figure out more about what exactly my place in the world is, and what I want to achieve and conquer. Every success I have had since I started my Allegheny education has been linked to Allegheny in some sort of way, as it gave me the tools to succeed and prosper. It is simply an education that few institutions can provide.

Why I give back: Allegheny has been a huge contributor to my success in my early adult life, and I know that it has provided me the early foundations of a long and successful career. What makes Allegheny succeed is the vast network of graduates who have supported this school for nearly 200 years now by giving back. They give back not only monetary donations but also help in other forms. Our alumni have such a dedication to this school, and it shows when they give back to our school. I remember looking up to those alumni as a student and being in awe by how incredible and influential I thought they were. Now, it is my turn to be one of those alumni.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Allegheny has done so much for me and I want to support this institution in any way I possibly can. Serving as a Class Agent is one way that I can do so. I’m excited to be able to reach out to my fellow graduates to keep them involved with Allegheny and see how they can help out. It will hopefully be one of many outlets that will allow me to serve Allegheny and the many students who have attended, are attending, or will attend this grand school.

Matt Zaborowski ’17

zaborowski.matt@gmail.com

Current City: Woodbury, CT

Major: Global Health Studies

Campus Organizations: Pre-Dental Society

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has been very rewarding! It challenged me to think and has instilled in me tools to become a successful scholar and leader who promotes intellectual, moral, and social development by encouraging personal and civic responsibility. These experiences encompass my aspirations in creating a healthier community centered on the importance of oral health.

Why I give back: I give back because Allegheny has played a significant role in who I am today. It has taught me so much, but more importantly made me a better person. I chose Allegheny College because of its reputation of supporting students’ aspirations while challenging them to become better citizens. In my attendance over the past four years, I found this to be true every day. Now it is my time to help lead the way and give back to this great institution.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve to give back, to unite the Class of 2017, and to help support our wonderful Alma Mater. Go Gators! 

2016

Katie Beisler ’16Katherine bowser II

kbeisler3@gmail.com

Major: Applied Computing

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, ASAP, Teaching Assistant, Tour Guide, Field Hockey Club

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny College gave me an opportunity to study a subject that, originally, I shied away from. I was able to take courses outside of my major that were also important to me, while still staying on track within my own field. Allegheny professors also had a big hand in my education, and I would not have been able to succeed without their help and support.

Garrett Devenney ’16Garrett Devenney 7-13-16 Cropped

garrett.devenney@gmail.com

Major: Biology and Global Health Studies

Campus Organizations: Varsity Swimming, Admissions Tour Guide, NaviGator Program, Biology Teaching Assistant

What my Allegheny education means to me: Having an Allegheny education means that I am prepared to enter my graduate studies with confidence and a work ethic that will propel me toward my future goal of working within international health. Allegheny taught me to challenge the ideas of others and myself, while supporting me with the foundation to succeed in both academic and co-curricular realms.

Alison Herlitzka ’16alison herlitzka 5-3-06 Cropped

alison.herlitzka@gmail.com

Major: Economics

Campus Organizations: Women’s Varsity Swimming and Diving Team, Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education is truly invaluable and is something that sets me apart from my peers. Allegheny’s tight community has helped to develop my character and has given me the opportunity to connect with faculty, students, and the surrounding people of Meadville on a daily basis. Each course at Allegheny challenged me to go beyond my comfort zone in order to reach my full potential. Every speech, presentation, and paper aided in my well-rounded education and has given me confidence in my strengths while also preparing me for a lifetime of success. My Allegheny family has inspired me to give back to the community that has given me more than I could have ever asked for within four short years. I am confident that my Allegheny education has put me on a path to success, and I cannot thank the school and community enough for all they have done to make my college experience the best one possible. Go Gators!

Brianna Layman ’16Brianna Layman 4-29-16 Cropped

briannalayman2012@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Biochemistry

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Varsity Women’s Soccer, Senior Class Gift Committee, Relay for Life, Civic Symphony, Chamber Orchestra, Women’s Services Inc. Advocate, Bonner, Best Buddies International

What my Allegheny education means to me: As a transfer student, I highly value the time I spent as a Gator. Finding my home within the Meadville community has completely influenced my future career and plans. I will be graduating as a biochemist, but plan to pursue a career in the arts, specifically technology and design. Peers, students, and friends always ask, “Don’t you regret majoring in biochemistry when you want to pursue art? Doesn’t that take away meaning from your degree?” Adamantly, I answer no every time. My three and a half years at Allegheny means more to me than just my education, because the time spent there influenced my personal growth and interests, and thus, pointed me in a direction I wanted to pursue. Not only do I walk away from Meadville with an amazing degree, but also will life skills and lessons learned throughout my time as a student at the College. Allegheny offers an amazing education as well as door-opening opportunities every student should take advantage of.

Why I give back: To allow future students to reap the benefits the college has to offer.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To allow past students, peers, and classmates to actively live their life as a Gator.

Miguel Liriano ’16

Hailey Marthaler ’16Hailey Marthaler 5-3-16 Cropped

marthalerh@gmail.com

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: Class President – Allegheny College Student Government, Four Year Varsity Letter Winning Softball Player, Overnight Coordinator – Admissions Office, Senior Class Gift Committee, Branch Rickey Mentorship Program, Allegheny Ambassadors

What my Allegheny education means to me: My experience at Allegheny has provided me with the tools to succeed in the “real world”. Whether it was through interning with the Admissions Office or on the softball field, I was constantly able to gain valuable lessons that transfer well into life after school. The value placed on a college degree nowadays is high, but the value placed on choosing the right college is not high enough. Allegheny breeds success, a pedigree of accomplishment and a legacy of achievement. The growth I found within myself during my four years is something I do not take for granted, and I thank Allegheny. I am extremely proud of my time as a Gator and will continue to bleed blue and gold!

Loryn “Belle” Mazurik ’16

lxm1048@sru.edu

Clara Möller ’16  Clara Möller 7-18-16 Cropped

clara.m.moller@gmail.com

Major: Double Major in Neuroscience and Psychology

Campus Organizations: Alpha Phi Omega, Pre-Health Club, Active Minds, Neuroscience Club, Allegheny Students for Advancement and Philanthropy, UNICEF, Gators Give Back.

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means the world to me. It has provided me with more skills than I ever expected to gain – leadership skills, communication skills, skills for life-long learning, and skills to find my talents and passions in life. I could not be more grateful for the people Allegheny has connected me to; they have influenced the person I am today. Without my Allegheny education, I do not think I could confidently say I feel equipped and ready to accomplish any dream I have for my future.

Katherine Touscany ’16Katherine Touscany 1-16-17

touscany@gmail.com

Current City: Annapolis, MD

Major: International Studies

Job Title: Response Coordinator – Global Operations

Campus Organizations: Honor Committee, Alpha Chi Omega, Allegheny College Admissions

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education provided an incredibly strong background that has allowed for me to find success in internships, jobs and volunteer opportunities. The critical thinking skills and liberal arts experience prepared me to be the best I could become post-graduation.

Why I give back: Without donors, an Allegheny education would not have possible for me. It is an incredible opportunity to be able to do the same for incoming students.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: The Allegheny community is what makes Allegheny so strong. I look forward to communicating with alumni, students and prospective students as we move forward into the Third Century Quest!

Amanda Warner ’16Amanda Warner 4-29-16 Cropped

warnera@allegheny.edu

Major: Psychology

Campus Organizations: Orchesis, Dance Team, Bonner, Greek Life (Kappa Alpha Theta), OverKill, GAP, ABC, ASG, and Senior Class Gift Committee.

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience drastically shaped who I am today. Without Allegheny, I wouldn’t be as productive in society as I am now. My time at Allegheny showed me so many things about myself, including that I can do whatever I put my mind to. Before Allegheny, I was searching for a purpose, a reason. Allegheny helped me discover my truest potential, the inner Amanda, who I strongly believe I wouldn’t have found without my journey at this wonderful school.

Evelyn Wells ’16  Evelyn Wells

evelynwells23@gmail.com

Major: Psychology

What my Allegheny education means to me: When people ask me why I decided to go to Allegheny College, I tell them that it felt like home. After I graduated from college I realized that it was more than just home. Allegheny created a gateway to the world. Allegheny provided a safe environment for me to challenge myself, and it prepared me to deal with a much more complex world.  I have watched my peers land jobs with Microsoft, go on to attend graduate school in England, and a month and a half after my graduation I accepted a job with a prestigious consulting firm in Washington D.C.  If you can make it at Allegheny, then you can make it anywhere.

Erin Yates ’16

yates.e.erin@gmail.com

Current City: Erie, Pennsylvania

Major: English

Job Title: Administrative Assistant at The Nonprofit Partnership

Campus Organizations: Sigma Tau Delta, The Allegheny Review

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education was totally transformative. I know that the critical thinking and problem solving skills that I honed during my time at Allegheny will serve me well personally and professionally for the rest of my life.

Why I give back: I give back so current and future students can enjoy the benefits of an Allegheny education.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: An engaged alumni network is essential to a successful college community.

2015

Elizabeth Donaldson ’15

Raymond Jozwiak ’15Raymond Jozwiak 2-2-17 Cropped

rjozwiak@denaliusa.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Senior Analyst

Campus Organizations: Phi Delta Theta, Economics Society, College Republicans, Newman Society

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has given me the ability to adapt in a changing environment — both in my professional capacity and personal life.

Why I give back: I’ll forever owe a debt of gratitude for the amazing learning experience that was my four years at Allegheny.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To be at the forefront in promoting the cause and continued development of Allegheny College.

Katie Mohan ’15 katie mohan 9-22-16 Cropped

katie.mohan15@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Analyst, Corporate Real Estate

Campus Organizations: VP of Annual Events, Gator Activities Programming Events Chair, Major Events Committee Public Relations Chair, Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Member, Phi Sigma Iota (Foreign Language Honor Society) Member, Overnight Leadership Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means the world to me – not only did I gain a top notch education from superb professors, but I also developed invaluable connections that have helped me get where I am today. Allegheny was the only college I applied to, and I wouldn’t change that decision for anything. I had opportunities beyond my wildest expectations, and I was continually encouraged to push myself to strive for greatness. The great thing about Allegheny is that everyone’s educational experience is unique, and the value in that is immeasurable.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny because it has given me so much. I formed friendships that will last a lifetime, and I met the love of my life on the first day of freshmen classes. The people are what make Allegheny so great, and I can’t imagine not having them in my life. The campus is such a close-knit community encompassing all groups, including faculty and staff. The Allegheny Advantage is knowing your professors and them knowing you, which I believe makes a huge difference. This is why I give back and do my part to ensure that Allegheny can continue to provide this experience to future Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to share my love of Allegheny and remind my fellow classmates that we want to pass to future classes the amazing opportunities afforded to us by the College. During our time as students, it was other alumni providing support and funding for us, and it’s time to give back in any way we can. For me, this includes donations and happily serving as a Class Agent.

Alexander Neal ’15alex Neal 2-22-16 Cropped

aneal93@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Development Associate

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Gator Activities Programming, Lambda Pi Eta, Davies Service Leader Program

What my Allegheny education means to me: An Allegheny education means having a deep and rich understanding of the world in which we navigate.

Why I give back: Philanthropy is deeply personal. I give because of the extremely positive ways Allegheny has impacted my life. The connections I made and the skills I learned during my four years on campus have helped to shape me into who I am today.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is the responsibility of the alumni to engage, support, and further grow our Alma mater — and I am happy to help.

Amanda Spadaro ’15

Gregory Vallano ’15

vallanog@hotmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Financial Analyst

Campus Organizations: Phi Gamma Delta, Phi Beta Kappa, Senior Class Gift Committee, Economics Club

What my Allegheny education means to me: I believe that my Allegheny education gave me vital knowledge, but more importantly it taught me how to think through problems. I was also afforded many opportunities that led me to many current job. I don’t think I would be where I am today without the professors I learned from or the friends and relationships I made at Allegheny.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny so students are able to have the same opportunities that I had. Students at Allegheny have many experiences to take advantage of that would not be possible without alumni offering their time and resources to the school.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope to engage my friends and colleagues in giving back to the College, so current students can have an even greater chance of making the most out of their time at Allegheny. Being a Class Agent allows me to support my alma mater.

Mary Grace Warren ’15Mary Grace Warren 4-5-16 CROPPED

mgmwarren@gmail.com

Current City: Jefferson City, MO

Major: History

Job Title: Campaign Organizer

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Alpha Chi Omega, Phi Alpha Theta, Senior Class Gift Committee, WARC 90.3 FM, Grounds for Change, Allegheny Ambassadors, Pre-Law Club, Growing Hearts Growing Minds.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny allowed me to explore my interests and discover my passions. My education broadened not only my knowledge but also my general perspective and worldview. I am very grateful for my time at Allegheny and am proud to call it my alma mater.

Why I give back: I feel a responsibility to contribute in the hopes that future students will have every opportunity to grow and learn as I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve to sustain and promote a culture of giving. As a student I felt Allegheny’s tight-knit campus encouraged community involvement. As a graduate, I hope to maintain my involvement and encourage others to stay informed and involved as well. 

2014

Michelle Colvin ’14Michelle Holcomb 10-22-15 Cropped

holcombmb25@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Majors: Biology, Psychology

Job Title: Graduate Student (doctoral program in cognitive psychology)

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi Omega, Senior Class Gift Committee, Varsity Soccer

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education has gotten me where I am today. I take pride in calling myself a Gator, and I attribute a lot of my personal growth and success to the opportunities I have received from Allegheny College.

Why I give back: Allegheny is for life. I give back because not only do I want to continue our strong college tradition of helping others, but I also want to give current and future students the opportunity to experience the immeasurable education-for-life Allegheny perspective.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want to continue my involvement within the Allegheny community. And what a better way than serving in this capacity!

Trevor Colvin ’14  Trevor Colvin 10-15-15

colvin5753@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Financial Analyst

Campus Organizations: Varsity Football, Phi Gamma Delta, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: I take great pride in my Allegheny education. I have seen the benefit of attending such a prestigious institution in my day-to-day responsibilities. The greatest attribute that I gained at Allegheny is the ability to learn new concepts no matter how challenging they may seem. Allegheny helped mold me into the person I am today and gave me confidence for the future.

Why I give back: I give back because I know I would not have been able to attend Allegheny if it weren’t for the generous donations from alumni. I gained so much by being a student at Allegheny in regards to memories and friendships, and I want others to be able to reap all the benefits that Allegheny has to offer.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I appreciate all of the opportunities that I was afforded as an undergraduate. Being a Class Agent gives me the opportunity to continue my relationship with the College while acting as a liaison to fellow alums.

Jordan El-Sabeh ’14jordan_elsabeh 10-29-14 CROPPED

jaelsabeh@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Economics

Job Title: Junior Investment Performance Associate at Cambridge Associates

Campus Organizations: Phi Gamma Delta, Economics Society

What my Allegheny education means to me: To put it simply, I cherished my time at Allegheny. Not only was I able to get what I regard as a top-of-the line education, I also became a part of an entirely new community. My college experience taught me about myself and prepared me to confidently seek out future endeavors.

Why I give back: I never would have been able to attend Allegheny if it weren’t for the donations from the alumni. Giving back to the school, regardless of the amount, helps sustain a long-lasting impact at Allegheny, and I hope future students can have the same experience as I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: As an alumnus, I feel responsible to give back. I love to reminisce with graduates about our time at Allegheny and the great opportunities our alma mater has to offer.

Jena McKelvey ’14Jena Mckelevy 11-16-15

jena.mckelvey@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Biology

Job Title: Senior Associate

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Beta Beta Beta, Alpha Phi Omega, Volunteer at Women’s Services Inc.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny challenged me in ways that forced me to develop new, invaluable skills. During those four years, I also gained confidence and perspective that I apply every day in my personal and professional life.

Why I give back: I believe in the future of Allegheny and the larger community.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a Class Agent allows me to stay in tune with everything Allegheny. I hope to keep others informed and engaged with our alma mater. 

2013 - 5th Reunion Committee

Bethany Cocchi

bcocchi@allegheny.edu

Maritza Hernandez

hernanm790@gmail.com

Kimberly Langin

kimberlylangin@gmail.com

Alycia Maltony

aam111@pitt.edu

Stephanie Northwood

stephaniebnorthwood@gmail.com

Brittany Rauzan

rauzanb@verizon.net

Emily Sale

emilysale3@gmail.com

Max Sosa

sosam1290@gmail.com

Emily Taylor

emtay017@gmail.com

2012

Emily Benner ’12

bennere90@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: History

Job Title: Program Assistant

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, GAP

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means so much to me – not just because of the wonderful friendships I made during my four years there, but also because of the opportunities I have been able to take advantage of since graduation. I learned so much in and out of the classroom, about myself and the world around me, that I honestly would not be the person I am today without having spent those 4 years in Meadville.

Why I give back: I choose to give time and money to Allegheny for several reasons. Firstly, I always give in honor of my grandparents who both attended Allegheny. My grandfather was a fierce advocate of education and learning for its own sake.  He would say “Emily, you go to college to get an education, not a job.” I can think of no better way to honor his memory than giving back to the institution that gave him so much. I also give because, in order to be able to attend Allegheny, I received scholarships. One generally for tuition, and one to complete research for my comp.  I would not be the person I am today without having been a student at Allegheny, and – were it not for the generosity of others – I would not have been able to attend at all. I want to be part of an alumni community that wants to give the next generation of students the same great experience and opportunities I had as a student.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent to stay connected to my classmates and help foster an alumni community that also stays connected to the college. The best way to get people excited about Allegheny events or giving to the college is through their peers, and I enjoy being a part of that effort.

Katherine Bowser ’12

kmbowser2012@gmail.com

Current City: Mooresville, NC

Major: Neuroscience

Job Title: Assistant Director for Civic Engagement Programs at Davidson College

Campus Organizations: Davies Community Service Leader, Gator Activities Programming, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: Ben Burtt ’70, distinguished Allegheny alumnus, said, “the liberal arts education I received was the ideal foundation.” I could not agree more. The beauty of a liberal arts education allowed me to explore a plethora of seemingly unrelated interests. My professors were top notch, but Allegheny takes education a step further and emphasizes experiential learning as well. The out-of-classroom experiences – Davies Leader at the Chamber of Commerce, Gator Activities Programming, the Nicaragua EL seminar and more – have afforded me invaluable skills that will last a lifetime. Allegheny doesn’t just open the door to a career; it offers students the world.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me the most meaningful and impactful four years of my life. I donate because even the smallest gifts turn into priceless experiences for the current generation of Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: We quote him often, but David Hoag ’60 really hit the nail on the head: “The only owners of Allegheny College are the alumni. There is no city, state or profession to worry about us. We are all there is. If we don’t do it, no one else will.” I serve as a Class Agent because I recognize the importance of giving, and I want others to understand that donations aid Allegheny both directly and indirectly. Dollars from donors go directly to scholarships, academic programs, campus activities, etc. What many people don’t realize, though, is that the percentage of alumni donors, regardless of the dollar amount, is extremely important to an institution. Large donors – people, foundations, corporations, etc. – often look to the percentage of donors, because high alumni involvement is indicative of a strong institution. It also plays into national rankings. It is an exciting time for Allegheny as our national visibility is continually increasing. Let’s continue strengthening our degrees by giving back to the institution that has given so much to us.

Bethany Silinski ’12bethany silinski

bjsilinski@gmail.com

Current City: Arlington, VA

Major: Neuroscience

Job Title: Associate Director, Class Programs & Reunion Campaigns, Georgetown University

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Senior Class Gift Committee, Admissions, Phone-a-thon

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny has been included in the very influential college guidebook, Colleges That Change Lives, year after year. I can now say after spending four years at Allegheny that this title could not be more accurate. The variety of opportunities available to me inside and outside of the classroom at Allegheny helped to change my life for the better. Having received an outstanding liberal arts education, I feel that I can be successful in whatever career field I choose. Even after graduation I continue to receive support from Allegheny’s top-notch faculty and staff. Allegheny isn’t just a four-year experience; it fosters long-term relationships and opens the doors to lifelong learning and growth.

Why I give back: I want to help ensure that future students will have the same amazing opportunities that were available to me during my time at Allegheny. I am so thankful for the alumni who came before me and gave back to Allegheny, ensuring I could have the experiences that I did. I also give back to help continue Allegheny’s legacy. Strong alumni involvement is the only way to ensure that Allegheny will continue to grow.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Outside of giving back to Allegheny financially, I see serving as a Class Agent as one of the easiest ways I can give back to the school which gave me so much. I hope that by serving as a Class Agent, I can excite the alumni of the Class of 2012, as well as all GOLD alumni, and inspire them to give back to Allegheny. The only way Allegheny can continue to be the outstanding institution that it is, is through alumni support and contributions year after year.  

2011

Dan Donahoe ’11Dan Donahoe 7-13-16 Croppped

daniel.r.donahoe@gmail.com

Current City: Rockville, MD

Major: Political Science

Job Title/Occupation: Paralegal – U.S. Federal Government

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Allegheny Student Government, Newman, Peer Leader, Writing Consultant, Senior Class Gift Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny career is what prepared me for where I am right now. The rigorous course load, professors who cared, and administrators who wanted students to succeed created the perfect environment for me to learn and grow. Paired with the education was an amazing student body, from which I made some of my closest friends. Without them, I don’t know how I would have made it through the sleepless nights, perpetual blizzards, or endless stacks of homework. Allegheny opened more than just doors for me – it opened friendships and memories that will never be forgotten.

Why I give back: Allegheny provided me with more opportunities than any other college could have possibly offered. Without Allegheny, I would never have met my best friends, made so many unforgettable memories, or have been as well prepared for the “real world” as I am now. I want all future Allegheny students to have those same chances and opportunities, and I know that my gift helps ensure that those Gators who come after me get the same opportunities.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My life could have been radically different had I gone to another school. Reflecting on that fact, it is also necessary to recognize all of those who helped make my Allegheny career a success – both those seen and unseen. So many alumni work behind the scenes to ensure that all future Gators have access to a quality education and an unforgettable college experience. Moving forward, I feel like I owe it to all of those that made my time at Allegheny happen – by “paying it forward,” I  know that I am joining the ranks of those who care deeply about our alma mater and will go above and beyond for its students.

Bethany Gigante Eppig ’11

bethany.m.g.eppig@gmail.com

LeAnne Kurela ’11leanne_kurela 8-15-16 Cropped

leanne.kurela@specialtycare.net

Current City: Columbus, OH

Major: Neuroscience

Job Title: Clinical Neurophysiologist at Specialty Care

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Panhellenic Council, Lambda Sigma, Allegheny Residence Life, Experiential Learning Term (Nicaragua), Alternative Spring Breaks

What my Allegheny education means to me: The education I received throughout my time at Allegheny encompasses four years of experiences in and out of the classroom. My in-class and in-lab education provided me with the information and skills I needed to continue on my chosen career path. The foundation of knowledge I received prepared me for graduate school at a top-notch university. I have witnessed firsthand that this foundation is essential, and that there is no school that provides such a well-rounded and comprehensive foundation like Allegheny. While this part of education is important, it is not all that I took away from my time at Allegheny. The experiences I had volunteering in the community, exploring through experiential learning courses, learning from others, communicating and debating topics with others, and building and growing together cannot be replaced by any other learning experience in my life. These experiences, along with the in-class learning, have molded me into the individual that I am today. For that, my Allegheny education means everything to me.

Why I give back: I give back because I am proud. I am proud to be an Allegheny alumna, and I tell others about my experiences every chance I get. I am proud of the legacy that Allegheny has in its 200 years as a college and want to be part of continuing that legacy for at least another 200 years to come. The only way for this to happen is with the support of the students, both current and of years gone by.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent as a way to continue supporting Allegheny. I am excited to continue to be a small part of the support system of the school that has shaped me into who I am today.

Stephanie VanSickle ’11

vansics@gmail.com

Christine Wagner ’11Christine Wagner 8-12-16 Cropped

ca_wagner@me.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Mathematics

Job Title: MAT Student at the University of Pittsburgh

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Peer Leader, Resident Advisor, Choir (College Choir, Chamber Choir, Chamber Singers, Women’s Chorus), Allegheny Ambassadors and the Ambassadors Leadership Committee, Ballroom Dance, Meadville Community Theatre, Academy Theatre

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny means so much to me beyond simply the value of my degree. It was a place full of people who supported and inspired me, helping me to be successful and shaping the person I am today. It allowed me to encounter so many more experiences and opportunities than I would have elsewhere. Allegheny helped me to discover and foster new skills, new interests, new friends, and a renewed confidence in myself – all of which will truly last a lifetime.

Why I give back: I will never forget all of the advantages that Allegheny provided me, and I am glad that I am able to give back to an institution that gave me so much. Allegheny truly allowed me to flourish, and I would love nothing more than to see future generations of Gators do the same. I know that my gift makes a direct impact on current and future Alleghenians, providing them access to the same amazing opportunities I had and keeping our alma mater strong.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Allegheny’s reputation is a reflection of its students, past and present, and I want it to always express good things about the Allegheny community. Being a Class Agent is just one way I can help work toward that goal. As alumni, we know that there is no place better than Allegheny, but it is our job to help future generations see that as well. Alumni support is the easiest and best way to show that “We Are Allegheny” – and that is a great thing to be.

2010

Marisa Frey Charley ’10Marisa Charley 9-22-16 Cropped

mailto:marisa.s.charley@gmail.com

Current City: Lexington, VA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Student Service Leadership and Research in Higher Ed

Campus Organizations: Bonner Program, Delta Delta Delta, Gator-to-Gator Phone-a-thon, Year of Social Change Student Ambassador

What my Allegheny education means to me: For me, Allegheny is home. It is where I grew up, where I learned to balance critical thought with emotional investment, and where I was challenged and loved by so many through the journey. Nearly every wonderful thing that has happened in my life in the last ten years can be traced back to an Allegheny experience, and I am thankful every day for the four years I spent there as a student, and the two years I spent there as a young professional.

Why I give back: The Allegheny experience was the most valuable investment of my whole life, and I am committed to continuing to invest in this outstanding College that I am proud to call my alma mater. I do this because I believe Allegheny is one of the top institutions in the nation for graduating intentional, civic-minded individuals who will help create a more beautiful, wonderful world for future generations.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: There are so many who hold Allegheny College close to their hearts, and so many ways to support it. I am proud to have this opportunity to connect the outstanding gifts and talents of my fellow graduates to build an even more incredible Allegheny.

Brett Fuchs ’10Brett Fuchs

brett.fuchs@gmail.com

Current City: Marshall, MO

Major: Political Science; Values, Ethics, & Social Action

Job Title: Director of Housing & Residence Life at Missouri Valley College

Campus Organizations: ASG, Hillel, Colleges Against Cancer, Residence Life

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny has helped shape who I am today. It provided me opportunities that I never could have experienced elsewhere. I am thankful to the community that helped shape who I am today.

Why I give back: I give back with the hope that I can help current and future Alleghenians have the same life-changing, experience that I did.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To help keep my classmates involved in the place we once called our home away from home.

Rachel Higgins Holm ’10

rachelwholm15@gmail.com

Current City: Alexandria, VA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions, Financial Aid and Housing

Campus Organizations: Gator Activities Programming, Alpha Chi Omega

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me so many opportunities to learn, both inside and outside of the classroom. I learned valuable research and critical thinking skills through my classes that have prepared me for today’s world. My involvement in Gator Activities Programming and Alpha Chi Omega introduced me to my career – I learned that you can work with college students! Now serving in Higher Education, the lessons I learned as an Allegheny student and in my Master’s program inform my day-to-day decisions in my work.

Why I give back: I was blessed to receive a substantial scholarship to attend Allegheny, and I know it was a big reason I was able to be so successful during my college years. That scholarship, the programming and opportunities provided to us as students, and the importance of support to the future of the College are why I give back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: As we move further away from our Allegheny days, I think it is good to stop and reflect on what our Allegheny experience gave us. Giving back, both with our time and our money, is something that is important to ensure that legacy is able to continue.

Aaron Ingley ’10

ingley2@gmail.com

Liz Kozub ’10

elizabeth.kozub@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Community Development & Special Projects Coordinator

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Allegheny Ambassadors, Allegheny Tour Guide, Center for Political Participation, Civic Symphony, Alternative Spring Break

What my Allegheny education means to me: It’s hard to explain the profound impact the Allegheny College experience can have on a person. As Alumni there is an unspoken respect we have for the place, and its spirit, that helped to shape us as people. But Allegheny also taught me to follow directions, so here it goes…My Allegheny education means having my perspectives challenged in the classroom and on an alternative spring break. It means watching Prospect Street come to life on the first warm day of spring. It means late nights in the ASG office concocting ideas on how to change the world, and to catch up with alumni who are working relentlessly to make positive changes for others.

Why I give back: My time at Allegheny was made possible by the countless people who gave their money, time, advice and passion to ensure students had a positive, impactful and meaning experience. I give back to continue on the legacy of so many donors before me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a Class Agent allows me to stay connected with my classmates who have taken some really awesome, innovative and inspiriting paths in life. Go Gators!

Macae Lintelman ’10Macae Final Headshot Lync - Colored (2)

macaelintelman@gmail.com

Current City: Washington, D.C.

Major: Self Designed – Professional Writing and Media Studies

Job Title: Digital Customer Experience Consultant – Accenture

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Allegheny Tour Guide, the Campus, Generation to Generation, America Reads, Senior Gift Committee, Allegheny Ambassadors

What my Allegheny education means to me: I was once told that, whatever I do in life, I should surround myself with smart people … who will argue with me. That’s why I went to Allegheny. At Allegheny, simple answers aren’t easily accepted. You have to rise to the occasion with each discussion, each paper, each internship. Your professors and peers test you, and pretty soon (after enough heated debates and office-hour chats) you find your insecurities fading away and your passion shining through. Each and every day, I was challenged to become my best self – and while it’s still a work-in-progress – thanks to Allegheny, I’m a whole lot closer to getting there.

Why I give back: Allegheny changed my life. The least I can do is give back a few hours of my time.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It’s a great way to stay in touch with alumni and chat about our fond and collective memories!

Caitlin O’Brien-Rice ’10Caitlin O'Brien-Rice

cobrienrice@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title/Occupation: Director of Annual Fund and Director of Alumnae Relations, Oakland Catholic High School

Campus Organizations: Delta Delta Delta, Phone-a-Thon, Collegiate Leadership Conference, Alternative Spring Break, Senior Class Gift Committee, Year of Social Change Student Ambassador

What my Allegheny education means to me: My experiences at Allegheny College have undoubtedly altered the course of my life in an incredibly meaningful way. As a student, I was challenged and empowered to become the best version of myself. Allegheny has influenced my life both personally and professionally to the extent that I can confidently say that without Allegheny College, my life and career would not be as enjoyable or fulfilling.

Why I give back: I give back to Allegheny College because I am forever grateful for the impact that our alma mater has had on my life. I cannot imagine a better place to have gone to college, and I feel that it is my duty to ensure that Allegheny remains an instrumental force in the lives of future generations of Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: While I am very vocal about my enthusiasm for Allegheny College, I know that an even bigger impact will be made on our alma mater if I am able to engage fellow alumni. Serving Allegheny as a Class Agent is a unique way to give back to the school while also staying connected to my classmates. Allegheny’s extensive network of diverse and successful alumni is one of our greatest strengths, and I am honored to play a part in maintaining the integrity of our Allegheny alumni community.

Melissa Porter ’10

portermelissa2@gmail.com

Elizabeth Tuttle ’10

elizabeth.tuttle88@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: History

Job Title: Attorney

Campus Organizations: Growing Hearts, Growing Minds; The Campus; Alternative Spring Break; America Reads; Make A Difference Day

What my Allegheny education means to me: My years at Allegheny didn’t just equip me with the skills I needed to excel in a professional setting. My time in Meadville was also marked by volunteerism and opportunities that opened my eyes to a world that was bigger than our small corner of Pennsylvania. Without those skills and experiences, I would not be the person I am today.

Why I give back: I give back because I was able to reap the benefits of others’ generosity through various scholarships during my time as a student at Allegheny. As an alumni, I want to continue that legacy of generosity by providing the same such opportunities to current students.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent so that I can encourage my classmates to be active participants in Allegheny’s successful future, because Allegheny gave so much to us in our past. 

2009

Xun Li ’09

Current City: Providence, RI

Major: Neuroscience and Psychology

Job Title: Resident, Neurological Surgery

Campus Organizations: Bonner Scholar, Phi Delta Theta, Alternative Spring Break, Allegheny Pre-Health Club, Senior Class Gift Committee

Why I give back: I give back so other students can:

• Be challenged of their preconceived notions by Prof. Deb Dickey in her First-Year Seminar
  • Be inspired to change the world by Dr. Dave Roncolato from Community Service & Service Learning
  • Be greeted with a smile that will brighten their day by Yvonne at Brooks Dining Hall
  • Be hugged and congratulated by Pres. Jim Mullen on their graduation day
  • Be transformed by their time at Allegheny College

Grant Rozich ’09

Aurora Schul Schunk ’09Aurora Schunk 7-9-15 Cropped

schunkam@gmail.com

Current City: Buffalo, NY

Major: History

Job Title: Higher Education/Community Engagement

Campus Organizations: Delta Delta Delta, Phi Alpha Theta, Archives Intern, Peer Leader, Experiential Learning Trip: Italy, America Reads

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me so much both in and out of the classroom. The experiences in my classes taught me to think critically, creatively solve problems, delve deep and continue to ask questions. Outside of the classroom, volunteering, experiential learning and Delta Delta Delta membership taught me how to communicate effectively and the power of collaboration and organizing. I use a combination of these skills each day in my personal and professional life.

Why I give back: I give back because I am proud of being an Allegheny alumna. I am proud of the legacy that Allegheny has and its distinction as a premier institution of higher education. When I transferred I was awarded a scholarship that otherwise would have made it impossible for me to attend. I give back so that other students are afforded the same opportunities that I was.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I believe in the impact that Allegheny has on the lives of students, the Meadville community and the national discourse on higher education.

Ashlee Lang Sydlik ’09ashlee_sydlik 9-18-14

Ashleenicolelang@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Neuroscience and Psychology

Job Title: Testing Coordinator – Academic and Cognitive Testing

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Alpha Delta Pi, Panhellenic Council, Grounds For Change, Senior Class Gift Committee, Learning Commons Writing Consultant

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny experience allowed me to explore many interests while receiving a top-notch liberal arts education. Allegheny gave me incredible leadership opportunities and lifelong friends. My Allegheny education prepared me to enter the “real world” with the skills to succeed professionally while mutually valuing civic engagement.

Why I give back: I give back because I am so grateful for my collegiate experience. I want to play a small part to help create memorable Allegheny experiences for future Gators.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know how proud Allegheny graduates are of our “Allegheny Advantage.” Encouraging others to share their Allegheny pride while increasing alumni giving are my goals. I am especially excited to serve Allegheny during its Bicentennial celebration year.

Beau Whiteman ’09

beaumwhiteman@gmail.com

2008 - 10th Reunion Committee

Blaire Luciano Constable

blaireluciano@gmail.com

Rachel Dingman

rachel.dingman@gmail.com

Samantha Moik

samantha.moik@gmail.com

Amy Erdlen Salera

amy.erdlen@gmail.com

Ashley Steckel

AESteckel@gmail.com

JoAnn Villa

joann.yovetich@gmail.com

Mateo Villa

villa.mateo@gmail.com

2007

Melissa Brockett ’07

melisbrockett@gmail.com

2006

Jessica Dabrowski Haberley ’06

dabrowj@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Television News Reporter

Campus Organizations: Alpha Chi Omega, Order of Omega, ONTAP, Peer Leadership Liaison

What my Allegheny education means to me: My four years at Allegheny made an impression on me that will last a lifetime.  The education opened my mind and continues to open doors to opportunities long after graduation.

Why I give back: I want current and future students to have an enriching experience at Allegheny, and I know that won’t happen without alumni support.  I want to stay connected to a place that means so much to me.  And I want to do what I can to help Allegheny maintain a stellar reputation.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I enjoyed volunteering as a member of my ten year reunion committee and was honored to be asked to serve in this capacity.

Courtney Steding ’06

courtsteding@gmail.com

Current City: Erie, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Director, Career Services

Campus Organizations: Women’s Basketball; Psi Chi; ACCEL Study Tour, Experiential Learning Term; Student Athletic Advisory Committee

What my Allegheny education means to me: I often tell others that Allegheny was the place where I “learned how to learn.” My time at Allegheny provided me the opportunity to become a critical thinker, a problem-solver, and a civil member of society.

Why I give back: I give back so that others have an opportunity to receive a quality Allegheny education.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a class agent allows me support others who want to make an impact. And… I’m a bit competitive so I view this as a friendly competition between classes and I want to win. 

2005

Matt Carcella ’05Matt Carcella 10-22-15 Cropped

matt.carcella@gmail.com

Current City: Ithaca, NY

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Director, Diversity Alumni Programs

Campus Organizations: The Campus, Allegheny Gay Pride, Tour Guide, Debate Team, ACCEL Study Tour, Committee on Diversity Issues, Peer Project Leader, Lambda Sigma

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me to think critically and be responsibly critical of the world around me and to learn about others in an effort to understand myself better. I didn’t leave Allegheny with a career goal in mind, but I left a better version of myself and a lifelong learner.

Why I give back: I believe in the value of a liberal arts education that is academically rigorous. I want to see Allegheny recognized as one of the best small colleges in the nation – I know we already are the best.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Service to institutions that have shaped our lives and our world view is the most humbling form of gratitude.

Ashlee Rich ’05

2004

Brian O’Malley ’04Brian O'Mally 10-16-15

bomalley36@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Chief of Staff, Pennsylvania House of Representatives

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Football Team

What my Allegheny education means to me: I went off to college to earn a degree, but I ended up taking with me much more than that. The classroom experience helped to prepare me for my career, especially with a focus on writing skills. The lessons learned in creating friendships and working with others on projects both in and out of the classroom helped to prepare me for a job in my field. The Allegheny network was extremely helpful, as I was offered a position in my field of study by another Allegheny alumnus shortly after I graduated.

Why I give back: My four years at Allegheny were an amazing time in my life. I met my wonderful wife during our freshman year. I made friends that I will have for the rest of my life. Allegheny helped me meet people who have had a huge impact on my life. I want to ensure that new students have the same opportunities I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I know how important it is to higher education that we help to fund the future generations of classes that attend the school. I would like to do my part to achieve a higher donor participation percentage from graduates of Allegheny.

Gina Esposito O’Malley ’04  Gina O'Malley Cropped 10-15-15

ginamomalley@gmail.com

Current City: Gibsonia, PA

Major: English (creative writing track)

Job Title: Manager of Special Events

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Experiential Learning Trip: Greece, America Reads, Gator Day Volunteer/Speaker

What my Allegheny education means to me: In addition to the rich academic offerings at Allegheny, I also value the way our professors encouraged us to think critically and converse thoughtfully. Challenging coursework built a strong work ethic, while the tight-knit campus environment, outstanding faculty, and extracurricular opportunities built character and friendship.

Why I give back: Allegheny introduced me to the people, experiences, and subject matter that have paved the way for a happy and productive professional and personal life. I am so grateful for my experiences at the College and want others to enjoy the same opportunities for years to come.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Serving as a Class Agent allows me to stay connected to Allegheny and my classmates. I enjoy promoting the College’s good work while reminding my peers that there are so many ways they can give back to the school that gave us so much.

Jamie Jansen Stromoski ’04

mrsstromoski@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Communication Arts

Job Title: Regional Account Manager – Group Benefits

Campus Organizations: Allegation, Habitat for Humanity, Kappa Alpha Theta, Tour Guide, Teacher’s Assistant in the TV Studio, Choir, MADD volunteer.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the foundation in education and communication skills that have allowed me to successfully network in a field in which I never even imagined I would love working.

Why I give back: Due to the generous contributions of alumni before me, I was able to attend Allegheny. Without the scholarships I was awarded, I may not have been able to attend my first-choice school. I hope that my donations to Allegheny can give another future student the same opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope to remind my classmates of the amazing time we had at Allegheny in hopes that together we can collect funds to allow both additional scholarships and campus development.

2003

Shannon Barron ’03Shannon Barron 10-15-15 Cropped

smcneill66@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: English

Job Title: Assistant Director/Librarian

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Up ‘Til Dawn, Dance Team

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education is the backbone of every adventure and is the core of my success. Allegheny’s liberal arts foundation is the reason why I was able to achieve a 4.0 in graduate school and why I have been able to explore so many paths in life. Allegheny makes students into lifelong learners, and that’s something I try to remember every day.

Why I give back: I give back because I want students to receive the same quality education that I did. I want Allegheny to continue to open minds and doors for students long into the future. And I want to make sure that Allegheny has the resources and facilities for 21st-century learning. When I give to Allegheny, I know I’m giving a gift that won’t go unnoticed. It all makes a difference.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent because I believe strongly in the liberal arts education that Allegheny provides. We need students who are flexible thinkers and passionate souls. I give because I believe high-quality education makes a difference in this world, and Allegheny gives students a chance to be lifelong learners and leaders.

Devon Halley ’03  Devon Halley 10-15-15 Cropped

devonhalley@gmail.com

Current City: Alexandria, VA

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Senior Manager – Deloitte Digital

Campus Organizations: Cross Country/Track and Field, Allegheny Student Government, WARC, Residence Life

What my Allegheny education means to me: For me, Allegheny’s education taught me how to connect the dots across a wide range of disciplines and subjects in a way that allows me to derive insights that make me unique among my non-Allegheny peers.

Why I give back: I fully acknowledge that I would not be who I am, and where I am, without the experience and education that Allegheny afforded me. Giving back whatever I can is an important part of acknowledging the role Allegheny has played in my successes.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I serve as a Class Agent in deference to all that Allegheny has given to me, and all that I want to see it become. I am confident that my experience with Allegheny, while singular to me, was not unique. Being a Class Agent is a great way for me to help Allegheny grow and thrive to allow others to have the same great set of experiences that I did.

Matthew Kozlowski ’03Matthew Kozlowski 3-16-15 Cropped

mattkoz81@gmail.com

Current City: Hattiesburg, MS

Major: Communication Arts and Psychology

Job Title: Vice President at Pennington & Company

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Delta Tau Delta

What my Allegheny education means to me: The critical-thinking skills that I learned in and out of the classroom at Allegheny help me every day. The environment at Allegheny is challenging while also very encouraging and familial. Perhaps more importantly are the personal connections I made –many of whom have become closer friends in the years since graduation.

Why I give back: A college experience as thorough as Allegheny’s is ironically priceless, but with an obvious and significant cost. I am always impressed by the scholarship program available to our students, but we can do better. No student who wants to come to Allegheny should be turned away due to cost.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It is important for our generation to get involved and develop a history of giving back to the College that gave so much to us. I know many of us are struggling with student debt, but making a small sacrifice to give back is rewarding and will ensure future generations have the same opportunities we did.

Melissa Spas ’03 Melissa Spas

melissaspas@gmail.com

Current City: Bloomington, IN

Major: Religious Studies and Women’s Studies

Job Title: Director of Strategic Initiatives, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs

Campus Organizations: Residence Life, Society for the Advancement of Gender Equality

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny gave me the confidence to trust my own intellectual curiosity. I learned to read critically and write carefully at Allegheny, and I experienced the many rewards of friendships built around ideas and ideals.

Why I give back: Allegheny alumni and friends made it possible, through scholarships, for me to be an Allegheny student in the first place, and I want other students like me to have that same opportunity.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: My class is full of talented, committed, and interesting people, and I’m always excited to talk about Allegheny with others who share my appreciation for those special years. 

2002

Ashleigh Fox ’02

Sarah Gallagher Levinthal ’02

srlevinth@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Stay at home mom

Campus Organizations: GAP, Big Brothers Big Sisters

What my Allegheny education means to me: My experience at Allegheny made me who I am today. Allegheny is where I learned to think critically, to be more open-minded, and how to be a true member of a community. It was such an important bridge between my childhood and my adult life.

Why I give back: I give back because I want other students to have the opportunities that I had at Allegheny. I feel that, as alumni, we are the greatest asset to the college in achieving that goal.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want to facilitate a connection between alumni and the school. It’s such a wonderful community that is still open to us in so many ways.

Leanne Nagle ’02

Julie Stoner ’02

2001

Kurt Foriska ’01Kurt Foriska

foriska.1@osu.edu

Current City: Columbus, OH

Major: Biology

Job Title: Development Professional at Ohio State University

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, ASG, WARC DJ, Homecoming, Omicron Delta Kappa, Lambda Sigma, Order of Omega, Peer Project Leader

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny really taught me how to think differently and write better. I mean, where else do you lose points for grammar on a lab report? That made all the difference.

Why I give back: I believe that Allegheny does make a difference in your life, and someone made that gift possible for me by giving back. Now it’s my turn.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I believe in the Allegheny experience and am excited to reconnect fellow classmates with the memories that made our experiences so great. And the free stuff – we get free stuff, right?

Amanda Harris ’01Amanda Harris

acharris1908@gmail.com

Current City: Pittsburgh, PA

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Senior Associate at Open Minds

Campus Organizations: Everything

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education prepared me for the demands of working in corporate America.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me so much, from a great education to friendships with classmates, administrators and faculty. The majority of my close friends are my friends from Allegheny. I give back because I want current and future students to have the positive experience I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Alumni participation in donating to Allegheny is low, and fond memories don’t pay the bills in running the College. I want to help translate everyone’s fond memories into donations that can continue the good work happening at Allegheny that helped me and my classmates become successful.

Kathryn Hartwig Little ’01Kathryn Little 9-28-16 Cropped

kchartwig19@gmail.com

Current City: Zelienople, PA

Major: Neuroscience and Psychology

Job Title: Clinical Research Nurse

Campus Organizations: Women’s Lacrosse, GAP, Kappa Alpha Theta

What my Allegheny education means to me: It is where I met some of my best friends, where I learned how to learn and established the basis for a lifetime of learning.

Why I give back: To provide others the opportunities I had and further the strengths of Allegheny.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: By serving as a Class Agent I am able to increase my donating power beyond what I am capable of donating. 

2000

1999

Kara Erdodi Arguello ’99

kara.arguello@gmail.com

Current City: San Jose, CA

Current Employment: Attorney

Major: Political Science

Campus Organizations: The Campus newspaper, WARC, Student Experimental Theater

What my Allegheny education means to me: The broad liberal arts curriculum at Allegheny exposed me to ideas and topics I might have never explored anywhere else. I was able to study international government, geopolitics, and the literature of those regions all in the same day.

Why I give back: The years I spent at Allegheny were defining in terms of developing into the adult I would become and furthering my non-academic interests. Some of my most treasured friendships to date were formed on campus.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I always have been proud to list Allegheny on my resume and suggest it to young men and women who are beginning their college searches. I believe Allegheny’s reputation and my association with it always has been an asset in my continuing education and in my career.

Mark Fenner ’99

Kelly Kosek ’99

kelly.kosek@gmail.com

Current City: Strongsville, OH

Major: History and Political Science

Job Title: Partner/Attorney

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi; GAP; Phi Alpha Theta; Order of Omega.

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny prepared me for law school.  I learned so much – how to think, how to write, and generally how to be a good citizen of the world.  I have nothing but fond memories of all of my time at Allegheny.

Why I give back: I love Allegheny.  Allegheny awarded me an amazing scholarship and allowed me to get a fantastic education with the best professors and the kindest classmates.  Some of my best friends are still from my Allegheny College days.  Every day, I’m proud to say I’m an Allegheny graduate.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I was the first in my family to attend college.  Allegheny made it financially possible for my middle-class family to send me there.  I appreciate everything Allegheny did for me and I want to give back.  Plus, I love having an opportunity to re-connect with my classmates.

Douglas Ney ’99

Douglas.Ney@ucdenver.edu

Current City: Denver, CO

Major: Music

Job Title: Associate Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery

Campus Organizations: The Campus, Allegation, WARC, Chamber Choir, Civic Symphony, College Choir, Wind Symphony, Wind Ensemble, Student Experimental Therapy, Orchesis Dance Company, Community Service

What my Allegheny education means to me: After leaving Allegheny I entered medical school and was shocked at the realization that not everyone received an education founded in global thinking. I wondered how much more my colleagues could have blossomed with the type of support I received while at Allegheny. At Allegheny I learned not just to get the right answer, but to solve the problem; to look at things from every angle and understand the possibilities. Creativity and social responsibility was fostered in a way that made understanding the world slightly more attainable. To date, the greatest investment I have made is in an education at Allegheny. And Allegheny has invested in me.

Why I give back: Education is one of the most powerful investments one can make. Ensuring the legacy of an Allegheny education for the future is one small way I can give back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I am honored to serve as a Class Agent for Allegheny. As a Class Agent I can help promote activities that support the culture and legacy of the College.

Paula Kovacs Ross ’99Paula Kovacs 11-8-16 Cropped

paula@mtbdance.org

Current City: Gaithersburg, MD

Major: Environmental Studies and English

Job Title: Executive Director, Metropolitan Ballet Theatre

Campus Organizations: Allegheny Student Government, Choir, Orchesis Dance Company, Alpha Chi Omega, Lambda Sigma, Student Experimental Theater, Playshop Theater, Women’s Ensemble, Students for Environmental Action

What my Allegheny education means to me: Before it was part of the official College tagline, Allegheny gave me the opportunity to explore unusual combinations. I was a double major in English and Environmental Studies, and yet I was allowed to participate in campus activities that diverged from my majors – things like the performing arts and student government. The combination of curricular and extra-curricular work at Allegheny blazed the path that led my career today as an executive in the nonprofit arts field. If you would have told me then what I would be doing today, I wouldn’t have believed it. The very unique Allegheny liberal arts education – and the unusual combinations that it permitted – made my path possible.

Why I give back: Allegheny invested in me. I was a first-generation college student and paid my own way through college. Without Allegheny believing in me and my abilities, investing in me, I would not have been able to realize that education on my own. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to help Allegheny invest in similarly-situated students now.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I am honored to serve as a Class Agent, to help ensure my classmates know what is happening on campus and what we can do to help make the Allegheny education achievable for today’s students.

Judson Franklin Wible ’99

Jud.Wible@wsp.com

Current City: Easton, CT

Major: Physics

Current Employment: WSP – Lead Structural Engineer

Campus Organizations: Soccer, Phi Kappa Psi, Annual Fund Phonathon Caller, Choir, Freshman Seminar Adviser

What my Allegheny education means to me: The brochures tell you that Allegheny teaches you how to think, but more importantly I feel that it teaches you how to act, how to make a difference in the lives of individuals, and how to solve some of the world’s most complex problems. We have alumni who are working on a cure for cancer, and ones that spend time helping individuals in hospice care. In short, our alumni are worldly and full of the good world, and I’m very happy to stand amongst them.

Why I give back: When your mother and your father and your father’s father went to Allegheny, you get to appreciate the history of Allegheny, of roots, and of legacies. I give because it’s about the next generation of leaders who walk our campus two, 20, or 200 years from now and what they are going to accomplish as they follow in our footsteps. Our building the future for them is the reason why I give money, but I give more in time because those who came before us steadied us in our path and guided us forward, and it’s our time to do that for others.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Selfishly it’s an opportunity to keep Allegheny in the forefront of my daily life where commutes, schedules, and bills clamor for their due. But it’s also a great way to keep the bonds of friendship together and to re-establish networks that may have faded – dusting off nostalgia, highlighting how that time period in our lives has made us what we are today, or in some cases how much we’ve changed since we walked Brooks Walk. Reaffirming those connections with those who shared the same experience; that’s why I serve as a Class Agent. 

1998

Cara Jordan ’98

cara.jordan.2042@gmail.com

Current City: Meriden, CT

Major: Sociology/Anthropology

Job Title: College Counseling Administrative Assistant

Campus Organizations: Community Service, Student Government, Religious Life, Alpha Delta Pi

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education meant stepping out of my comfort zone. I had never left home, not even for summer camp, when I travelled eight hours to Allegheny. It was the best opportunity I have ever had. That first step was one of many that Allegheny afforded me to go beyond what I thought I could do.

Why I give back: I give back because of my experiences at Allegheny. I feel I can never give back enough for what I received at there.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: From working in College Admissions I know how important it is for alums to give back to their alma mater, even in small ways. You can give back in so many ways, not only monetarily, but also by offering your time and advice to prospective and current students.

Susan Labuda McKeever ’98Susan McKeever 9-28-16 Cropped

sbuda2009@yahoo.com

Current City: Greensburg, PA

Major: English

Job Title: ESL Specialist

Campus Organizations: VISA Volunteer, Environmental Awareness House, Allegheny Volunteers, Sojourners, Make a Difference Day

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny is an integral part of who I am today. I’ve experienced other institutions both as a student and as an instructor, and there is no doubt that Allegheny is special. We are a one of a kind community that embraces the individual and supports them well beyond their degree. #gratefultobeagator

Why I give back: I give back because I benefited from grants and scholarships, and I know that – no matter how much or how little I can contribute – my gifts make a difference.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I want to be as much a part of the Allegheny community as possible, and being a Class Agent gives me that opportunity. 

1997

Stephanie Schafer D’Andrea ’97Stephanie D & Partner 6-10-16

schaf7@yahoo.com

Current City: Long Island, NY

Major: Political Science/German

Job Title: Special Agent

Campus Organizations: Alpha Delta Pi, Honor Committee, Club Soccer, Alpha Phi Omega, ASG, Phi Beta Kappa, I can’t remember the rest of them but there were many :)

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny provided my foundation – to be independent, strong and creative in thinking and problem solving.  I was afforded amazing opportunities to grow not only as a student, but as a human.  LOVED my time at AC.

Why I give back: Allegheny gave me so much, I find it impossible not to want to give back.  I feel strongly about supporting Allegheny not only financially, but also with my time.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I would like to help get other classmates excited about supporting our Alma Mater.  

1995

Allyson Moul Cunius ’95Allyson Cunius 12-20-16 Cropped

allyson.cunius@me.com

Current City: Houston, TX

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Entrepreneur

Campus Organizations: KKG, Varsity Soccer

What my Allegheny education means to me: My Allegheny education means more to me than the diploma I earned, the grades I received, the papers I wrote, the projects I completed, the teams I was on, the games we won, or the classes I took. Allegheny was the people I met, the conversations that we had, the paths that we crossed and the journeys we took. Allegheny is in my heart and my soul.

Why I give back: There are quite a few reasons I choose to give back. First and foremost, if I didn’t receive an academic scholarship I would not have been able to attend Allegheny. I also choose to give back to strengthen the alumni network, especially for those of us outside of the area.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Even though I have moved far away, I still want to be connected to Allegheny.

Jennifer Firek FitzPatrick ’95Jennifer FitzPatrick 11-14-16

fitzpatrickj@columbusacademy.org

Current City: Columbus, OH

Major: Columbus Academy

Job Title: College Counselor/Faculty Member

Campus Organizations: Women’s Lacrosse, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Newman, Admissions Tour Guide

What my Allegheny education means to me: It means everything to me. I learned how to think, how to participate in civil discourse, how to be a good teammate, how to live with other people, and how to be an adult (but let’s be honest, I’m still a work in progress). Most importantly, it lit a fire of WANTING to learn and be informed about the world around me, then and now.

Why I give back: Allegheny is a truly special place, and those of us who were there in the early 90’s were truly fortunate to be surrounded by such passionate educators. My life continues to be shaped by my Allegheny family, so I give back in the hopes that we can continue to do this for young people well into our third century as a College.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I like staying in touch with my fellow Alleghenians, whether it is in person at a Reunion or via social media. The 20+ year friendships say it all.  

1994

Greg Ward ’94

g_w_ward@yahoo.com

Current City: Rocky River, OH

Current Employment: Chief Financial Officer in Commercial Real Estate Lending

Major: Economics and English

Campus Organizations: Delta Tau Delta, Football Team, RA/RD, Allegheny Newman

What my Allegheny education means to me: At Allegheny, I learned to accomplish large assignments; think critically; question the logic behind statements and numbers; articulate ideas, concepts and beliefs; and work well with others. If I could describe the traits I value in professional colleagues, the items that I list above would all be very high on my list.

Why I give back: I benefited from Allegheny in so many ways, some of which were not clear until five or 10 years after graduation. I grew as a person, student, and mentor to others over my four years at Allegheny and was able to set out upon a path of my choosing. I had the good fortune to meet my wife at Allegheny. We cherish our Allegheny education, both the learning in the classroom and extracurricular education. I received some scholarship assistance and appreciated those who went before me.
Why I serve as a Class Agent: I benefited from the support of those before us through scholarship assistance. I believe in contributing to Allegheny to allow the college to continue to provide assistance to students. Also, Allegheny takes leadership on numerous issues that I believe are important: civility in politics, environmental stewardship. I believe that grassroots alumni support of the College helps perpetuate these efforts. Finally, I have appreciated the tremendous education that I received and wish to help as many others have such an opportunity.

1993 - 30th Reunion Committee

Heidi Dugan

alleghator@gmail.com

Adrienne Martini

amartini@stny.rr.com

Dhaval Patel

dpatel222@comcast.net

1992 - We're regrouping following our reunion year!

1988 - 30th Reunion Committee

Gretchen Kozen

missbeagle@gmail.com

LisaMarie Weinzetl

lmw1@consolidated.net

1987

Louis Petrucci ’87

Petrucci65@aol.com

Current City: Buffalo, NY

Major: Russian & International Studies

Job Title: Assistant Director, Permits & Inspection Services

Campus Organizations: Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Lambda Sigma, IFC, The Campus, Student Government

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny means opportunity. My time at Allegheny allowed to study and pursue various interests both on campus and half way around the world.

Why I give back: The reason why I give back is because so much was given to me. I want other Alleghenians to have the same opportunities that I had.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Out of a sense of obligation to my fellow classmates and the institution so that Allegheny can continue to provide a quality learning experience to all students now and in the future. 

1983

Nelson Larkins ’83

nlarkins@preti.com

Current City: Freeport, ME

Major: Political Science/History

Job Title: Attorney

Campus Organizations: Theta Chi, WARC, Allegheny Literary Review and Allegheny Review, Lambda Sigma

What my Allegheny education means to me: The old adage about liberal arts education creating a well rounded individual who can accomplish anything they put their mind to is true. Allegheny provided me the education and atmosphere that allowed me to explore and grow and become the person I am today.

Why I give back: I can never repay Allegheny enough. It was a glorious four years, it molded me into the adult I hoped to be, and it gave me the basis to make a difference in the world.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I hope to re-kindle relationships and remind my classmates of how much Allegheny meant to them so they give to the Annual Fund.

1978 - 40th Reunion Committee

Al Coppolo

acopp32917@yahoo.com

Hiller Hardie

hillerhardie@yahoo.com

Karen O’Connor

kloumom@gmail.com

Terry O’Connor

chantillyoconnors@hotmail.com

Toots Smith-Ripper

smithripper@earthlink.net

Jeff Tindall

jefftindall@msn.com

1977 - We're regrouping following our reunion year!

1976

Sarah Flynn Erickson ’76Sarah Erickson Cropped

s.f.erickson@att.net

Current City: Stone Mountain, GA

Major: History

Job Title: Rev. Dr./Director, the Center for Lifelong Learning at Columbia Theological Seminary

Campus Organizations: Kappa Alpha Theta, Wind Ensemble, Women’s Choir, RA Senior Year

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned how to learn – to think critically, to evaluate, test, revise accordingly – and to love learning deeply, creatively. It’s where I started to clarify that was my life’s work, in various contexts.

Why I give back: I give back what I can – time and money – because, as my mother (also an Allegheny grad) said, “to care is to do.” I do it because I care that Allegheny continues to be a place where others kindle and nurture a love of learning.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: The short answer? While I give proportionally from my financial resources, they are not unlimited. And I’d like to give more. Encouraging others to give by investing my time works. And it’s a great way for this extrovert to connect with folks from those four formative years.

Grace Hawkes Nielsen ’76Grace Nielsen 8-12-16 Cropped

nielsen5@bendcable.com

Current City: Bend, OR

Major: English

Job Title: Retired elementary school Media Manager/Librarian

Campus Organizations: WARC, Kappa Alpha Theta

What my Allegheny education means to me: I have always felt that Allegheny was a sacred place; so much learning, connecting, and growing occurred there. There I made not only lifelong friends, but found my husband! I learned how to think critically, appreciate diversity, love arts and culture, and revel in the liberal arts experience.

Why I give back: Allegheny College is SUCH an important part of my becoming the woman I am today, it behooves me to pay back.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: After serving on my 40th Reunion committee (which was SO great!), I feel honor-bound to support Allegheny College in any way I can.  

1970

Peggy Toman Siegle ’70

peggyjsiegle@gmail.com

Current City: Brunswick, ME

Major: Communications

Job Title: Consultant

Campus Organizations: Cwens, Independent Study Program, The Campus, Alpha Chi Omega

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny taught me how to think critically, analyze, synthesize, and problem-solve. I learned that hard work and intense study paid off. I learned how to perform high-level academic research, even as an undergraduate.

Why I give back: The College gave me a chance to do highly independent study and research. It led to my professional success and I want to honor that in a way that gives other students a chance to experience that. I have a passion for the liberal arts and believe it is essential for a democracy.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: It’s fun to re-connect with classmates and to talk with them about what the College meant to them. I am committed to enabling other students’ success and I hope to encourage other members of my class to support those students. 

1969

Barbara Pelander Hanniford ’69

bhanniford@neo.rr.com

Current City: Kent, OH

Major: Psychology

Job Title: Retired; teach online part-time

Campus Organizations: Kappa Kappa Gamma, Choir, Resident Advisor, Allegheny Community Exchange, Class President senior year

What my Allegheny education means to me: Academically, it gave me a solid foundation for research, critical thinking, and writing. I also developed leadership skills and lifelong friendships – and I met my husband at Allegheny, too!

Why I give back: I loved my Allegheny years and my continuing involvement in the College since then. I continue to be impressed with the Allegheny story. I want to do what I can to help ensure a bright future.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: To connect with other alumni and encourage them to act

1968 - 50th Reunion Committee

Stephan Hansbury

stevehansbury@hotmail.com

Terry Kelly

terrence.kelly@cox.net

April Werner Kiskaddon

aprilvk@comcast.net

Bob Kiskaddon

rkiskaddon@comcast.net

Dale Persons

dpersons21@gmail.com

Frederick Porkolab

porkolab.drf@comcast.net

Nancy Reiss-Hinz

nreisshinz@juno.com

1967

Isabella (Bitty) Thoburn Dorr ’67

bittydorr@gmail.com

Current City: South Euclid, OH

Major: Education/Social Science

Job Title: Retired School Administrator

Campus Organizations: CWENS, Junior Advisor, Orchesis, Alpha Gamma Delta, Kappa Delta Epsilon, Phi Gamma Mu

What my Allegheny education means to me: The hard skills of research, written communication, oral presentation, and problem-solving laid a strong foundation for everything that I did in my career. The soft skills of thoughtful caring for others and giving back to the community wherever I found myself have guided me throughout my life.

Why I give back: I believe in paying it forward. My life has been enriched by the education that I received and I want that opportunity for others in the future.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: Being a Class Agent provides me a way of not only helping the College but it helps me keep in touch with all the wonderful friends from my Allegheny days.

Jon Swanson ’67

jncswanson@gmail.com

Current City: Boulder, CO

Major: Political Science

Job Title: Retired university administrator

Campus Organizations: Phi Delta Theta, Interfraternity Council, class officer, intramurals, Allegheny Student Government, College Union Board

What my Allegheny education means to me: Among the many outstanding opportunities a quality collegiate experience offers are the advancement of intellectual and social skills and the expansion of a meaningful sense of curiosity. I forever will be grateful to Allegheny for lending me these and much more.

Why I give back: When you identify influences in your life that are especially positive, they should be natural targets for expressing your appreciation and generosity. Allegheny inspires that in me.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: The Class Agent program is a great opportunity to share your time with the College as well as your dollars. I think it broadens the giving experience in the best of ways.

1966

Kathe Cairns ’66

Craig Toedtman ’66Craig Toedtman 9-5-14

craigt@toedtman.com

Current city: Blue Bell, PA

Major: Economics

Job title: Founder/CEO

Campus Organizations: Phi Delta Theta, Singers, Swim Team, Block A, Inter-Fraternity Council

What my Allegheny education means to me: Allegheny – the keystone in the keystone state. The final piece in preparing me to begin my adventure. Allegheny was a true learning experience, developing my curiosity to find out “why?”…to read, to write, to pursue the rewards of life-long learning experiences, to recognize the importance of civic duty. And, most importantly, it brought me my life-long partner and wife, Dana Williams ’67!

Why I give back: To help support Allegheny’s learning community to enrich students and help launch and develop their creativity and critical thinking.

Why I serve as a class agent: I was asked…and, with the continuing importance of Allegheny College in my life, how could I say no! 

1961

Richard Borrison ’61

borrison1457@juno.com

Current City: Sunnyvale, CA

Major: Chemistry

Job Title: Retired Physician

Campus Organizations: Student Government, Phi Delta Theta

What my Allegheny education means to me: First step to a future career.

Why I give back: I want Allegheny to continue to provide quality education to a wide variety of students regardless of finances. 

1958

Lynne Crandall Hammerstrom ’58

lhammerstrom@hotmail.com

Current City: Marquette, MI

Major: American Studies

Job Title: Homemaker/Volunteer

Campus Organizations: Associated Women Students Senate, Associated Women Students President, Cwens President, Junior Advisor, Allegheny Undergraduate Council, Debate Team, Kappa Alpha Theta, Phi Beta Kappa

What my Allegheny education means to me: I learned to work with many different people and really enjoyed the relationship between faculty and students. I was lucky to be at Allegheny when only 1,200 students attended, and felt like I knew everyone.

Why I give back: I think our liberal arts College deserves to be helped in any way I can. I worry that students are becoming too specialized, too soon and are unwilling to take courses that teach us to think. Allegheny opened my eyes to so many things.

Why I serve as a Class Agent: I have given to Allegheny’s Annual Fund each year and believe that I and other graduates have an obligation to “keep a good thing going.”