Skip to content
- Allegheny’s Center for Economic and Environmental Development (CEED) sponsors arts and the environment community development art projects. Each project provides paid summer internships for four to six students annually.
- Student Art Society holds annual activities including unjuried student exhibitions, a Beaux Arts Ball, and field trips.
- Department-sponsored lecture series, often in conjunction with gallery exhibitions: recent speakers have included artists Christo & Jeanne-Claude; Thomas B. Armstrong, director of the Andy Warhol Museum; and Madeleine Grynsztejn, curator at the San Francisco Museum of Art.
- Workshops: Recent workshops have focused on art careers, handbuilt ceramics, papermaking, and non-traditional drawing techniques.
- Field trips: Nearby resources include the Albright-Knox Gallery (Buffalo), the Carnegie Museum (Pittsburgh), the Cleveland Museum of Art, and the Erie Art Museum.
- Meadville Council on the Arts hosts nine regional artists’ exhibits annually.
- “Signs & Flowers,” a site-specific public art installation created in collaboration with PennDOT; visit ceed.allegheny.edu to view this project.
- Art education programs with the University of Pittsburgh and Columbia University
- 3/2 arts management program with Carnegie Mellon’s John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management
- Art teaching internshipCarnegie Museum (Pittsburgh)
- Center for Economic and Environmental Development (CEED)
- Cleveland School of the Arts
- Erie Art Museum
- Johnson-Shaw Stereoscopic Museum
- Meadville Council on the Arts (MCA)
- Meadville Historical Society (Baldwin-Reynolds House)
- The French Creek Project, Meadville, Pa.
- The Meadville Tribune
- Vision Media Group, Meadville, Pa.
- Gallery and art store work-study employment
- Department research and laboratory assistantships
- MCA invites student-curated shows as part of art historical research projects