Kassandra Martinchek ’14

Kassandra MartinchekMajor: International Studies, Spanish
Minor: Values, Ethics and Social Action

Extracurricular Involvement:
Greek Life; Vice President, Model United Nations; Orchesis; Bonner Scholar

“My experience as a Bonner Service Leader has been essential to my academic work here at Allegheny. Engaging in the community has given me a practical way to see the theories and concepts presented in class and has taught me what the value of an education should be—an engine for discovering civic responsibilities. My academic work has been deeper and more meaningful and I’m able to integrate ideas across my classes into a coherent framework of my values, beliefs, and what I hope to accomplish in the future.

Through my involvement in community engagement, diversity initiatives, and global experiences, I have grown in many ways. I have learned more about myself and the world around me. I’m inspired to go deeper into civic and community engagement in the future and I have uncovered my passions, which is more valuable than memorizing facts and getting an ‘A’ on an exam. While I am still unsure what exactly I will do in the future, I am confident that I will take the lessons from these experiences to shape my future path because they embody my passions and have molded me into the person I am today.”