Exploring different industries and career positions are crucial when developing future plans. Resources and assessments can be used to help identify your strengths and interests. When beginning to plan your path towards a career remember a few key points:
- What are my interests, values, and strengths?
- What factors have influenced my career/and or major path, thus far?
- What steps have I taken to explore different career opportunities?
- How can I gain relevant experience within my potential career fields of interest?
- How do I envision my career development evolving over my lifetime?
Career development is a lifelong journey that requires thoughtful evaluation and planning. The best part about career exploration is that you have the opportunity to create your own path based on your interests, values, and strengths.