Internships & Summer Experience
- Public and commercial TV, radio, and film:
- KDKA-TV, WQED (Pittsburgh); NBC Headquarters (New York City); WJET, WQLN, WSEE, WICU (Erie); WEWS-TV (Cleveland); David Letterman Show (New York City); Lloyd Segan Company (film production, Los Angeles)
- Broadcast journalism:
- WCBS (New York); WMAL (Washington, D.C.); WMGW (Meadville)
- Public relations, advertising, graphic arts:
- Grey Advertising (New York City, Bucharest); Ketchum Advertising (Pittsburgh); Pittsburgh Pirates; Detroit Pistons; Pennsylvania DEP; London Towers Basketball Club (London, England)
- Arts administration:
- Three Rivers Shakespeare Festival, New York City Theatre, Meadville Council on the Arts, Chautauqua Institution
- Santa Fe Opera, Pittsburgh Public Theatre, Pittsburgh Light Opera, Student Playwrights’ Festival of Original Plays, City Theatre, San Francisco Western Opera Theatre, Utah Shakespeare Festival, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Florida Studio Theatre
Guest Artist Program
Established theatre professionals (actors, designers, etc.) visit campus once a year to give workshops and seminars and work closely with students in a production.
- The Playshop Theatre produces three or four shows per year (some recent examples: Six Characters in Search of an Author, Stop Kiss, You Can’t Take it With You, The Pillowman, Love’s Labor’s Lost, Angels in America, The Importance of Being Earnest, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and Wedding Band.
- Student Experimental Theatre (S.E.T.) is student-run and student-directed and produces a varied number of shows each year (one-acts, annual musical, variety shows, and full-length plays).
- Orchesis modern dance troupe and Allegheny Repertory Dance mount a number of shows each year.
- National touring shows at Allegheny give students a chance to crew professional productions.
- AFTV Allegheny Film and Television
- The Campus (weekly newspaper), Allegheny Literary Review, Allegheny Review (only national undergraduate literary magazine in the country), The Fourth Wall (non-juried creative journal)