Allegheny students, faculty and employees are well-connected with access to current technology. The campus network continues to evolve to provide students, faculty, and staff a reliable high speed connection to the internet and the growing number of online resources available to the college community.
At Allegheny, you’ll find:
- All buildings have access to a secure wireless network
- Residence halls have
- Assistance using technologyDiverse teaching spaces with 75% of the classrooms having presentation technology
- Online tools for learning, communication and collaboration
- Google Apps for Education provides email, calendaring, file storage, and collaborative documents to the community
- Sakai provides students online access to course materials
- Online library resources including searchable databases, catalogs, and digital repositories
- WebAdvisor provides self-service access to class scheduling, grades, and financial information
- Wireless printing on Macs and Windows using the PaperCut client or by using WebPrint.
- Public computers and labs available in convenient locations
- Video conference facility in Murray Hall
The Computing Services Help Desk, located in Murray Hall, provides front-line computer support to all students and employees on campus. Additional support of desktop computers, educational and administrative technology, and network infrastructure is provided through collaborative efforts of
- Administrative Information Services (AIS) – AIS assists and encourages Allegheny College administrators and staff in the effective use of informatin and technology to enhance their working environment.
- Instructional Technology - Instructional Technology provides innovative and comprehensive technology training and consultation built around the way faculty and students work today.
- User Services - User Services provides front-line support of campus technology through the Computing Services Help Desk. User Services is also responsible for classroom technology, computer replacement, technology purchasing, and being the bridge between the community and the other services of LITS Computing Services. When technology does not work and you do not know where to turn, the Help Desk is the place to start.
- Technical and Networking Services (TNS) - TNS is responsible for maintaining the campus-wide network, and providing technology infrastructure operation and support campus-wide.
- Departmental Technicians – Department specific technicians and technologists work with the LITS staff to support specialized technology needs of academic departments.
Not sure who to contact?
Pelletier Library Instructional Technologists have office space with the Research and Instructional Support Services group on main floor of the library in the Learning Commons.
Academic Departments provide office space for their technician and technology staffers for efficiency in supporting the specialized needs of the department.