AIS assists and encourages Allegheny College administrators and staff in the effective use of technology to enhance their working environment.
Our goals are to…
- enhance support for administrators and staff in technology innovations
- ensure availability of technological resources
- expand and enhance the use of the Ellucian Colleague SIS (Student Information System)
- identify and develop technology partnerships with peer institutions and vendors
- create an environment that promotes and encourages communication among users
Systems we support are:
- Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague, including the ST, CF and CA modules.
- WebAdvisor (web access to Colleague data)
- Entrinsik Informer web reporting dashboard
- ADP Enterprise (Payroll and Human Resources)
- EMS Professional (Events calendar and scheduling)
- SoftDocs (check printing)
- Synoptix (Financial Reporting)
- WordPress (Web Content Management)
- Wufoo (Online Form Building)
as well as a number of departmental specific systems and software packages.
Support includes regular system maintenance, including upgrades and patches and coordinating the user testing involved in ensuring a reliable administrative system. However, most of our time is spent in supporting the work of administrative departments through business analysis, report consultation, and custom programming. Examples of this include:
- An academic performance reporting system to connect faculty and student affairs folks together in a process to improve the student academic experience.
- Student car registration tracking
- Online application submission and import
- Online timesheet and hours worked submission and approval
Allegheny College is also extremely active in the Datatel Users Group, both regionally and nationally. Members of AIS, Development and Admissions have presented at the national conference, and users from a wide range of offices have attended annually.
We are a founding member of the PADUG (Pennsylvania Area Datatel Users Group) and involved in planning the group’s annual conference. Members of AIS, Development, Admissions, User Services, Financial Aid and Financial Services have presented at the conference as well.