Did you know you can add an image to your Gmail account to personalize your email conversations? It is pretty easy if you follow the steps provided by Google.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- From the My picture section, click Select a picture. The Upload a picture window will appear.
- Upload a new photo from your computer, or select a photo from Picasa Web Albums or your previous Google profile photos.
- A box will appear over your photo, selecting part of it. Drag this selected region to crop your photo, or resize the region by clicking and dragging one of the region corners.
- Click Set as profile photo.
- You can select whether you’d like all Gmail users to see your picture, or only those who you’ve allowed to chat with you, using the radio buttons next to your uploaded photo on your Settings page.
Once you set an image it will show up whenever another user rolls over your name in their inbox, Contacts, Chat list, or when someone looks at your public Google Profile.
Update: Google reports that this issue was resolved at roughly 3:15pm on 5/10/13.
Original Post: Google is reporting that a percentage of its users are experiencing a problem using Google Drive according to the Apps Status Dashboard.
It has been confirmed that members of the Allegheny community are experiencing the disruption. As more information is know, this post will be updated.
The last day of personal computer help for this year is Tuesday, May 7, 2013. Those that need assistance with a personally owned computer can contact a technician by calling 814-332-6225.
Technicians from Coppola Enterprises will restart their office hours in September, 2013.
The authors of DevDH.org will introduce participants to best practices for designing and organizing their first digital humanities project, including how to frame a project appropriately, identify and set attainable goals, build project teams, and find potential tools and resources. We will be watching this webinar in the Pelletier Library classroom on May 2 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Please click here to register.
More information on the webinar is available here: http://www.nitle.org/live/events/174-developing-digital-humanities-projects
Resolved: Windstream informed Computing Services that the issue limiting the ability to make a long distance phone call has been resolved as of 2:20pm on 4/30/13. Please open a Web Help Desk Ticket should you continue to experience an inability to make a long distance call.
Update: The issue in making long distance calls starting on 4/29/13 continues today (4/30/13). Computing Services is yet to hear of a cause or an estimated resolution timeline from Windstream. Their technicians continue to work on the issue.
Original Post: Several members of the Allegheny community have reported an inability to make a long distance call from their campus phone.
We have confirmed that this is an issue affecting a portion of Windstream’s customers. Windstream is aware of the issue and working on a resolution. When further information is known it will be shared as an update to this post.
Phone service for local and on campus calls in unaffected by the issue.