March 3rd 2014
Windows 7 computers across campus should receive software updates for the following products beginning tonight.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player
If you experience any problems with the software updates, please contact Computing Services by creating a Web Help Desk ticket.
March 3rd 2014
Tomorrow is the first Tuesday of the month. This means if you have not changed your allegheny password in the last six months your account will be locked at 9:00am.
Do I need to change my password?
Take a quick look through your inbox to see if you received our reminder messages.
- An automated email message is delivered each Monday starting one month before your account is scheduled to be locked.
- The message is repeated each Monday, until your password is changed or the account is locked.
If you don’t have a reminder from us, you are most likely good. If you want to be doubly sure, you could check your Trash and Spam mailboxes to make sure you didn’t accidentally delete it or report it as spam.
What do I do if my account gets locked?
If you miss your opportunity to change your password and find yourself locked out of your account, don’t despair. You can go to the password change form within 30 days to reactivate your account for another six months.
Should you want more information about the requirement to change your password twice a year or need further assistance with your password please contact Computing Services.
February 28th 2014
Wufoo is reporting intermittent connection issues. Follow their twitter feed for up to the moment updates. https://twitter.com/Wufoo/status/439443352560226304
February 26th 2014
The Informer web report server was upgraded to version 4.4.1. The upgrade was completely successful. If you are having issues logging in or running reports, follow these customary steps to ensure you are connecting properly to the new version:
1. Ensure your version of Informer (seen in the lower righthand corner of the login screen says Version 4.4.1). If it does not…
2. Force a screen refresh, by pressing Shift-F5. If this does not help….
3. Follow these useful instructions from Google on how to clear your browser’s temporary internet files: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
Please follow these steps before contacting Computing Services as these steps solve issues in almost all cases.
February 21st 2014
On Wednesday (2/26/14) an upgrade of the Informer reporting service will be completed. We do not expect there to be any significant outages for the service given the tests that we have run over the last week.
We will confirm completion of the upgrade on Wednesday. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Computing Services through the Help Desk at 2755.