Connecting Game Systems
If you own a Playstation, Nintendo Game Cube, X-Box, etc.. you can connect to the wired network. You need the MAC address of your game system to register it. Once you have your MAC address complete Web Help Desk ticket.
- Systems without browsers must be registered by the Residence Hall Network Technician.
- Requests to get your game system online can be submitted through Web Help Desk.
- Log on to Web Help Desk using your Allegheny username and password.
- Complete a ticket using the Request Type -> Student Issue -> Game System Registration -> Wired Connection.
- The game system will be registered within two business days after the registration form is received.
Allegheny College understands that in addition to studying students need time for recreation. Computing Services works with the student group known as Legion of Allegheny Gamers (LAG) to make the experience of online gaming at Allegheny enjoyable.
|Select your Device: Nintendo GameCube | Nintendo DS | PlayStation 2 | PlayStation 3 | X-Box | X-Box 360 | Nintendo Wii | Other Device ||
To set up the PlayStation 2 on the network you must first install the network adapter according to the
If you have a web browser for the Nintendo Wii, you can connect to the internet with the web browser and fill out the registration form. If you do not have the web browser, please follow the steps below:
This system is wireless only and is not able to connect to the Allegheny wireless network. It can connect to some college house networks. Houses on East College and Sherman St are part of the AC-Wireless network and will not be able to connect with this system.
To set up the PlayStation 3 follow these steps:
For other network devices like Tivo systems, complete a Web Help Desk Request.
For all other devices such as please contact the Help Desk. In most cases you will need to bring the device, power adapter, and any instruction manuals and/or installation CDs to the User Services office in Murray Hall to have them configured properly.
REMEMBER: you are responsible for all activity that takes place from the equipment registered to you.