What can you do if you encounter a psychological emergency?
In All Cases:
1. If you feel threatened or in danger of any kind, OR if you feel someone else is in danger, contact SECURITY at (814) 332-3357 and an officer will respond.
2. If someone is in medical danger, call 911 (on campus, remember to dial 9-911) and then contact SECURITY at (814) 332-3357.
3. If you are unsure about the situation or how to proceed and would like to consult a mental health professional, contact EITHER
- The Counseling Center at (814) 332-4368 (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and explain that you have an urgent situation that you would like to discuss with a counselor
- SECURITY at (814) 332-3357 (after hours). SECURITY may contact a crisis worker from Meadville Mobile Crisis or a counselor from The Counseling Center. The mental health professional contacted will call you back to discuss the situation and determine how best to proceed.
At any time, you may choose to consult directly with a Meadville Mobile Crisis worker at (814) 724-2732.
- The Counseling Center staff can see students for urgent needs and reserves one hour daily, Monday through Friday for this purpose. Call (814) 332-4368 to make a referral or consult with a counselor.
- Students can be seen at The Meadville Medical Center Emergency Room, 751 Liberty Street, at any time for psychological emergencies. Security can provide transport. Call Security at (814) 332-3357.
- Meadville Mobile Crisis is available to respond to psychological emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, first with a telephone assessment, then a meeting to continue the assessment if warranted. Call (814) 724-2732.
- “Walk-in” mental health crisis services are also available at Crawford County Counseling, 16332 Conneaut Lake Rd. (814) 337-8762, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a..m. to 4 p.m.
- More information on sexual assault and rape is available on our on-line List of Community Resources for sexual assault.
Questions? Contact the Counseling Center at (814) 332-4368.