Creek Camp

Summer Creek Camper with a Hellbender salamander.

Summer Creek Camper with a Hellbender salamander

069

creek camp 013

Do you have a love for our natural environment? Do like exploring the outdoors and getting wet? Want to learn outside the classroom in an interactive setting?

You can do all these things while on a college campus! Creek Connections is once again offering a choice of two one-week sessions of Creek Camp! This experience takes place at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA. While living in college dorms, campers will participate in various activities. They will study fresh water ecology in the beautiful streams of Northwestern, PA, observe wildlife, and learn from experts! Campers will be able to interact with many people from the Allegheny College community, including students. This is a physically and mentally demanding camp. We are in and out of water each day and work in teams on projects. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity!

Creek Camp is for rising 10th and 11th graders from anywhere in the world!

2014 Creek Camps
Session I June 22-27
Session II July 6-11

Camp fee:  $600

• $200 non-refundable deposit due upon acceptance to camp
  • $400 due by June 7th

Study fresh water ecology in the beautiful streams of Northwestern PA, observe wildlife, and learn from experts. Campers will interact with Allegheny College faculty, staff and students.

This is a physically and mentally demanding camp. We thoroughly enjoy it but the days are long, we are in and out of creeks each day, and work in teams on projects. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity!

159

Creek Campers Say:

“Creek Camp showed me areas of ecology and conservation that I had never seen before, and so helped me to better understand the career choices I’ll be making in my future. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience” Ben

“I was surprised at how many different approaches you can take to study and help out the environment” – Christina

“Creek Camp was a fun, hands-on way for me to learn about the environment and the things that inhabit it.” – Dustin

“It was an awesome experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!” – Troy

“By the end of the week, it is almost like everyone is a family” – Kiersten