Dear Allegheny Community:
As part of creating an inclusive Allegheny, the Office of the Provost announces the recipients of fall 2016 funding from the Diversity Innovation Fund. On behalf of the AEC, I’d like to express our appreciation to Professor Jeff Hollerman and the selection committee members. Please join us in congratulating the winners below!
- Neurodiversity: A Focus on Strengths – Prof. Jennifer Foreman and students
- Presentation on Diversity in STEM – Prof. Caryn Werner
- Culture 2 Culture (C2C) Peer Mentoring Program – Lenee McCandless
- Diversity and Inclusion Workshop Series (DIWS) – Stephanie Carson, Connor Racine (DIC), Marita Gilbert (CIASS), Rebecca Guanzon (Res. Life), Brian Saltsman (CIASS)
- “Shared Lives” Digital Diversity Project – Ishita Sinha Roy with Michael Hurley and student partners: Sloane Prince and Shu Yi Tang
Ande Diaz Associate Provost for Diversity & Organizational Development
Purpose: To stimulate community-based initiatives that will speed campus climate improvement. Funds are designed to encourage cross-campus collaborations to improve diversity and inclusion for long-term community transformation.