OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIP REPORTING
Please use the Outside Scholarship Form to report any scholarships you will receive for the upcoming academic year from sources other than federal, state, or Allegheny funding. These will be added to your financial aid package, so they can be factored into your tuition bill. If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 814-332-2701.
AARON SEEVER SALES SCHOLARSHIP:
Bulwark Exterminating is offering a scholarship for students with ambition in the field of salesmanship. The scholarship honors Aaron Seever, a successful salesman with ample amounts of creativity and passion. Students are required to fill out a form online that includes two 50 words or less essays. The essay questions are as follows:
- Why do you want to become a sales person?
- Why do you think you have what it takes to become a high powered sales person?
One student will be the winner for the fall semester and one for the spring semester. Each awarded student will receive $500 per semester as well as an iPad Mini.
Deadline to apply is September 30th, 2013 for the fall semester award, and January 31st, 2014 for the spring semester. For more information please visit http://www.bulwarkpestcontrol.com/scholarship.php.
ABBOTT AND FENNER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
Abbott and Fenner business consultants are offering an annual scholarship; awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s). Applicants must submit a 500-1000 word essay on the topic: What have you done outside the classroom that demonstrates qualities sought after by the post-secondary institution that you are hoping to attend? Also, which of these qualities means the most to you?
- Must be a high school junior or senior
- OR must be currently be registered in any accredited post-secondary institution
Deadline to apply is June 14, 2013. Please visit http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm to find and application and further information on the scholarship.
AES Engineers Scholarship:
AES Engineering is offering a $500 scholarship to the applicant who can best answer the question in 500-1000 words: “Reflecting on your personal experiences and/or circumstances, tell us something about yourself that distinguishes you as a potential scholarship candidate.”
AfterCollege, an online career network for college students and alumni, is an organization that strives to make scholarships available to a wide range of students. By co-sponsoring scholarships with employers and professional organizations, AfterCollege has been able to award over $800,000 in scholarship funds. In addition to providing scholarships for all majors, AfterCollege also has scholarships that are specific to allied health students, business students, engineering students, nursing students, and science students. The deadline for current scholarship listings is June 30, 2013. For a complete list of current scholarship opportunities please visit http://aftercollege.com/content/scholarships.
The BigSun Organization is offering young athletes $500 scholarships to help them succeed in their academic pursuits. Applicants must answer in a short essay these three questions: What are your most important extracurricular community activities? What made you join these activities? What made you continue to contribute to them?
- Must be a student athlete
- Must be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institution
Deadline for applying is June 21, 2013. Please visit http://bigsunathletics.com/ to find further information.
CAMPUS EXPLORER, INC :
Campus Explorer, Inc. offers contests or sweepstakes on its website, www.campusexplorer.com. Each sweepstakes has a distinct start date, end date, and prize.
- Must be a legal U.S. resident
- Must be 16 years of age or older at the time of entry
- Must be college bound in the current or upcoming term
To enter a promotion, visit the website during the specified time of the promotion and follow the instructions to create a Campus Explorer account and complete the promotion entry form.
Please visit website to see further details on specific promotions.
CAMPUS EXPLORER EXCLUSIVE SCHOLARSHIPS:
Campus Explorer will be giving away $1000 monthly to help student pay for their higher-education expenses. Each month, Campus Explorer will be announcing a new scholarship. Winners are randomly selected from the entrants.
- Must be at least 16 years old at the time of entry
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia
- Must be enrolled in college for the current or following term and be able to provide proof of enrollment
Please visit https://www.campusexplorer.com/campus-explorer-scholarships/ to enter new scholarships each month.
College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees is a search engine for more than 50 free, online scholarship search sites. These sites offer thousands of scholarships and financial aid awards worth billions of dollars. To utilize this search engine please visit http://www.college-scholarships.com/free_scholarship_searches.htm.
COLLEGE WEEK LIVE $1,000 MONTHLY SCHOLARSHIP:
Sign up free for CollegeWeekLive to search for colleges and you can be entered to win a $1,000 scholarship. Please visit www.scholarshipexperts.com/notes/cw.jsp to sign up.
CONSOLE & HOLLAWELL LEGAL LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP:
Law firm Console & Hollawell, P.C. is offering a scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to eligible high school seniors, college students and law students. The criteria include:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a full-time student attending (or planning to attend on a full-time basis) an accredited institution of higher education.
- Must demonstrate admission and plans to enroll, or proof of current enrollment in an accredited institution of higher education. *If you have not yet received your acceptance into college or law school, you may still apply, but the scholarship will not be released without proof of acceptance and enrollment.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- A transcript reflecting the student’s current standing with a 3.0 GPA.
- Proof of admission and enrollment in an accredited institution of higher education.
- The Console & Hollawell Legal Leaders Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university or college to cover these expenses.
Deadline to apply is July 15, 2013. For more information please visit http://www.premierpersonalinjuryattorneys.com/legal-leaders-scholarship/
Coupon Community is offering $2,000 to a student who values saving money and furthering their education. Applicants must submit a 400+ word essay on how to save money in college.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be currently attending a college or university, or will be attending one in the fall of 2013.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
The deadline for this scholarship is July 31, 2013. Applications and additional information can be found at http://www.couponcommunity.com/scholarships/
The Gallery Collection is offering a $10,000 award to the student who sends in the most creative photo, artwork, or computer graphic for the front of a greeting card. Photo, art, or graphic submitted must be the student’s original work. The deadline to apply is January 15, 2014. To find more information on the scholarship please visit http://www.gallerycollection.com/greeting-cards-scholarship.htm
CRITICAL SYSTEMS INC. BREAKTHOUGH TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP:
Critical Systems Inc. is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a deserving student in the engineering or science field. Students must:
- Be a junior or senior in an accredited university
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2013. For more information and the application please click HERE.
EDUCATION WILL CHANGE THE WORLD SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST:
TutorSpree is offering a scholarship to high school and college students for a grand prize of $1,500. Students must construct an essay on what they are studying (or planning to study) and how it will change the world. Seven eligible categories of study are given:
- Engineering/Computer Science
- Finance + Accounting
One winner from each category will be given $200 and the student with the best essay from all categories will receive the grand prize of $1,500. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2013. For more information please visit http://www.tutorspree.com/scholarships.
ERIE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS:
The Erie Community Foundation is home to 75 donor named scholarships, each of which has its own eligibility and criteria requirements. Many scholarships target students graduating from specific high schools in the Erie area, some for specific areas of study and others for financial need. Each scholarship is unique according to its donor’s wishes, and each offers the opportunity to earn a scholarship for your education.
Please visit http://eriecommunityfoundation.org/for-scholarships/erie-community-foundation-scholarships/ to find a list of the scholarships available and their requirements.
FORECLOSURE.COM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
Foreclosure.com is sponsoring a scholarship contest that requires eligible college students to write an 800-2,000 word essay based on a given topic. The essay topic requires applicants to analyze two foreclosure properties and determine which one is a better investment. Five winners will be selected. Second through fifth place will receive $1,000 each, and first place will receive $5,000. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2013.
To read the full essay topic or learn more about the scholarship program please visit http://www.foreclosure.com/scholarship/.
FRANK AND CLARA WILLIAMS SCHOLARSHIP:
The Frank D. and Clara R. Williams Scholarship is administered through Scholarship America. Students who received awards for the previous academic year were sent renewal application forms to their home addresses in early December by Scholarship America. (They should not reapply on the new application.) If they have misplaced their renewal form, they can contact Cherryl Reichel at Scholarship America at 507.931.8205 for a replacement form. The scholarship deadline is early June. High school seniors can obtain a new application form if they are a resident of Venango County, PA at their high school guidance office.
FUTURE COUNSELORS OF AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP:
This annual scholarship awards $1,000 to U.S. undergraduates and graduates majoring in Psychology who seek a career in relationship counseling or a related field. Applicants will be judged based on academic achievement and a 500-900 word essay entitled “The Psychology of Online Dating”
Entries must be postmarked by June 30th. For additional information on the scholarship please visit: http://www.datingadvice.com/scholarship
GET PREPPED LSAT SCHOLARSHIP:
Get Prepped is offering the Get Prepped LSAT scholarship to students taking the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). One or more grants of $1,000 are awarded twice yearly. Some factors used to determine awards include:
- Class rank
- Major/degree course
- Previous LSAT scores
- Best essay submission
Please visit www.getprepped.com to request the application packet using the online contact form.
GMR TRANSCRIPTION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
GMR is a leading transcription and translation services provider that is offering scholarships to students enrolled in a college or university. The scholarship consists of free transcription training, a $500 award, a transcription equipment package, as well as a guaranteed part-time position through GMR. This program would be beneficial for students studying language.
The Scholarship deadline is ongoing quarterly on March 15, June 15, September 14, and December 15. More information can be found at http://www.gmrtranscription.com/scholarship/scholarshiphome.aspx
Homeinsurance.com is sponsoring a scholarship contest for college students and high school seniors who are legal residents of the United States. Applicants must choose between two topics to write a 1,000-1,500 word essay. The writer of the winning essay will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The essay topics are as follows:
Insurance is about managing risk – deciding when to play it safe and buy extra coverage and when to gamble that you won’t experience trouble. How have you managed risk? What decides whether you choose to be prudent or whether you take a chance?
Natural disasters often force people to pause and take a fresh look at their priorities and how they conduct their daily business. How has a fire, tornado or some other natural disaster changed the way you, someone you know or even your community view life?
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2013. To complete the submission form or learn more about the scholarship, please visit http://homeinsurance.com/home-insurance-scholarship.html.
HUBSHOUT ONLINE MARKETING SCHOLARSHIP:
HubShout is offering two $1,000 scholarships to students who best demonstrate a passion for online marketing.
- Must have completed at least one year of post-secondary education
- Must be working toward a career in online marketing
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0
Deadline to apply for the first award is March 29, and the deadline for the second award is November 4. Please visit http://hubshout.com/?p=scholarship to find further information and an application.
IF THE SHOE FITS BIRKENSTOCK SCHOLARSHIP:
Footwear University is sponsoring a scholarship competition open to high school and college students. A 400-1000 word essay must be written based on the following topic:
“Creative humor writing! It may be about general health issues, proper eating, foot health, ankle appreciation, or podiatry related. Make us laugh and you will make your mark. Write about the best shoes you have ever had or your grandmother’s beautiful toes. Just be interesting or educate us. ”
The deadline to apply is December 16, 2013. One winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. For complete details please visit http://birkenstocks.sandals4less.com/blog/scholarship/.
LANGUAGE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST:
Primsleur Approach, a company that provides language learning programs, is sponsoring a scholarship contest in honor of renowned linguist and language educator, Dr. Paul Primsleur. To be eligible you must be a high school senior or college student and a legal U.S. resident. Applicants must choose between two topics to write a 500-1,000 word essay. The writer of the winning essay will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The essay topics are as follows:
If you could learn any new language, what would it be and why?
Which country has had the greatest impact on American culture and why?
The deadline to apply is July 31, 2013. To apply or learn more about this scholarship opportunity, please visit http://www.pimsleurapproach.com/language-learning-scholarship/.
LIFT PARTS EXPRESS SCHOLARSHIP:
Lift Parts Express is offering a $1,000 award to one deserving student. The student must:
- Be between the ages of 16-21
- Be attending school in the fall of 2013
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Write an essay on this years topic
The application deadline is June 30, 2013. To receive the essay prompt and additional information on the scholarship please visit http://www.forkliftpartspennsylvania.com/forkliftparts.php
LM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
Leavitt Machinery will be providing $1,000 to one deserving student. To be considered for the scholarship a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current senior in high school or a freshman or sophomore in College/University
- Be a legal resident of the United States or Canada
- Enrolled or expected to be enrolled by the Fall of 2013
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2013. For more information please visit http://forklifttrainingontario.com/
LowVARates.com is offering a semiannual $1,250 scholarship to a deserving military student.
- Must be a military student currently enrolled in college
- OR be a child of a parent serving in the military
Deadline to apply is July 1, 2013. Please visit http://www.lowvarates.com/2013-military-college-scholarship to find an application and further information.
MARK A. FORESTER SCHOLARSHIP:
Rocky Mountain Mattress Company proudly contributes to The Mark Forester Foundation scholarship fund and is now offering a $1,000 scholarship. Applicants must write a 300-500 word essay explaining how they go about honoring America’s military heroes.
- Must be currently enrolled in school
- OR will be enrolled during 2013
Deadline to submit an essay is July 31, 2013. Please visit http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/company/mark-a-forester-scholarship.php to find further information.
MY COLLEGE DOLLARS:
MTV, Get Schooled and the College Board have launched “My College Dollars,” a Facebook application that utilizes information from a user’s Facebook profile – including age, gender and state – to connect students with targeted financial aid opportunities. “My College Dollars” connects students with the nearly $6 billion in available scholarship aid and $45 billion in federal and state grants. It also integrates a calendar to help students track important dates.
Please visit http://advocacy.collegeboard.org/college-affordability-financial-aid/student-aid-reform/news/mtv-get-schooled-and-college-board-launc?ep_ch=PR&ep_mid=10391550&ep_rid=70727499 to find more information about the application and a link to the Facebook page.
PAUL HYLAND HARRIS SCHOLARSHIP:
- Provides scholarships to students from Venango, Crawford, and Warren counties who wish to attend either Allegheny College or Harvard University
- Grants are renewable based on need and the student’s college record
Please click on the link below to find a copy of the application that applies to you (incoming freshman or upperclassman).
SEDARY & ASSOCIATES SCHOLARSHIP:
The Sedary & Associates Scholarship is offering a $500 award to one deserving student. The student must me the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 16-22 on the day the application is due
- Be enrolled in a college, university, trades, or technical school by no later than the fall of 2013.
- Submit an essay answering the question on the sponsors website
The application deadline is June 15, 2013. To find the essay prompt and additional information on the scholarship please visit http://www.personalinjurylawyerkelowna.ca/
STUDENT SAVER SCHOLARSHIP:
DegreeDirectory.org is offering scholarships to help pay for college. In order to apply, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in school
- Like the Degree Directory Facebook page.
- Fill out the online entry form
- Answer the question listed on the link below
Scholarship deadlines vary. Visit http://degreedirectory.org/articles/Student_Saver_Scholarship.html to find the current scholarship question, a link to the entry form, and further information.
Tenshon is offering a scholarship to students everywhere who are interested in architecture, design and/or engineering. Students are asked to create a unique shade sail structure using the their standard sized shade sails available via link on the Tenshon scholarship web page. The student who displays the best aptitude for shade sail design will receive a $1,500 scholarship for both the fall and spring semesters.
Deadline to apply is July 15th for the fall semester and December 15th for the spring semester scholarship. For more information please visit http://www.tenshon.com/scholarship.
THE DEBT.CA INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LOANS SCHOLARSHIP:
Debt.ca is offering a scholarship program in which students will submit an essay about how to save money for an emergency fund. The two students who submit the most thought-provoking and well-reasoned essays will receive an award of $500. For more information please visit http://www.debt.ca/scholarship.
THE DRIVE TO LEARN SCHOLARSHIP:
Shift Insurance is offering The Drive to Learn scholarship award to college students to honor the learning done in and outside of classroom walls. Applicants must select one essay topic from 4 prompts and prepare a 750-1000 word response. The prompts are as follows:
1. Some of the best life-lessons are the ones we learn from our mistakes. Share a lesson you learned when facing the consequences of bad decision-making as a driver or a passenger. Describe the situation and explain how it led to a valuable learning experience.
2. Learning how to drive is a different experience for everyone because some may find it easy to accomplish while others struggle with the challenge. Describe your experience. What did it take for you to become a confident driver? What valuable lesson(s) did you learn – about yourself, others, or life in general – during or after the process?
3. You may have noticed that people tend to change over time. For example, you’re probably not the same person you were as a freshman in high school. Think about the driver you were when you first obtained your driver’s license. Maybe you were a young and reckless driver or perhaps a timid and careful driver. Now think about the driver you are today. Describe how you have changed as a driver. Does this transformation reflect changes in other aspects of your life (i.e. driving more carefully after a near-death experience, driving aggressively after losing your job, etc.)? If so, explain. Would you consider this transformation to your benefit or do you see it as a potential problem? Why?
4. Although the vast majority of the country’s population drives on a regular basis, there are still many people who do not. Are you one of them? What’s keeping you from getting behind the wheel? Maybe the city you live in is not commuter-friendly, maybe you cannot afford to buy a car, or perhaps you simply choose not to drive. Describe your situation. Is this an obstacle for you? Why or why not? How has not driving influenced you and your life?
Submissions are due March 1, 2014. One winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. For more details about this scholarship, please visit http://www.shiftins.com/content/program-terms-conditions.aspx.
THE HOME SECURITY SCHOLARSHIP:
YourLocalSecurity.com is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to the student with the most effective, compelling and creative ideas to help curb crime in our communities. Students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled at an accredited college or university or be an incoming freshman
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
The deadline is June 30th, 2013. More information about the scholarship as well the application can be found at http://yourlocalsecurity.com/scholarship.
TUITION WON’T STOP ME MONTHLY SCHOLARSHIP:
Education-Portal.com offers students a chance to win up to $5,000 to help cover college costs. This scholarship is offered monthly! Applicants must “like” the Education-Portal.com Facebook page, fill out an entry form, and answer the question for that week.
- Must be at least 16 years old at the time of entry
- Must be currently enrolled in or currently applying for a degree, diploma, or certificate seeking program
Deadlines are announced each month. Please visit http://education-portal.com/articles/Tuition_Scholarship.html to find further information and a link to the entry form.
U.S. ARMY HEALTH PROFESSIONS SCHOLARSHIP:
The U.S. Army provides scholarships for up to four years to students pursuing an education in any accredited Medical, Dental, Optometry, Clinical or Counseling Psychology and Veterinary School. The scholarship pays 100% tuition directly to the school. There is a $20,000 sign-on bonus, a $2,088 living stipend monthly, and payment for books, fees, medical supplies and healthcare insurance included.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school
- Must maintain full-time student status during the entire length of the program
- Must qualify as a commissioned officer in the US Army Reserve
- Depending on your specialty, must be enrolled or accepted at an accredited graduate program located in the United States or Puerto Rico
Please visit http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/education-benefits/money-for-college/scholarships.html for more information, or contact:
Sergeant First Class Alfred Galindo
U.S. Army Heath Care Recruiting
1001 Liberty Ave, Suite 545
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
USDirect is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a student who submits the best photo showing off his/her school pride. Applicants take a photo of their favorite moment at their school sporting event, then post the photo on Instagram with the hashtag #usdirectscholarship.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the US
- Incoming college freshman (current high school senior):
- Must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.5
- Must have taken either ACT or SAT
- Must be earning a high school degree between August 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014
- Must plan to enroll in the Fall of 2013 as a freshman at an accredited two or four-year college or university
- Current college students:
- Must have a cumulative college GPA of at least 2.5
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited tow or four-year college or university between August 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014
Deadline to apply is June 15, 2013. Please visit http://www.usdirect.com/scholarship for further information.
VENTURES SCHOLARS PROGRAM:
The Ventures Scholars Program is a national non-profit membership program designed to help high school students get connected with information, resources, and opportunities that will help them successfully pursue their career goals. The program seeks to aid underrepresented and first-generation college-bound students interested in pursuing math- and science-based careers. The program contains a database of over 55,000 high school students nationwide. Many colleges use this database to recruit students.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must come from an under-represented background or be a first-generation college bound student
- Must plan to pursue a math, science or technology major
- Must score at least: PSAT=50 math, C/R; SAT=550 math; PLAN=18; ACT=19
Please visit http://www.venturescholar.org/index.php to apply for the program and find further details.
WATERFILTERS.NET SOLUTION SCHOLARSHIP:
WaterFilters.NET specializes in distributing water filtration systems and is sponsoring a scholarship contest. The contest is open to high school seniors and college students who have at least a 2.5 grade point average and are US citizens. Applicants must write a 400-600 word essay in response to the following question:
With an increasing global population, particularly in developing countries, what would you create to help ensure all people had nearby access to clean drinking water?
One winner will be selected to receive a $500 scholarship. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2013. For more information, please visit http://www.waterfilters.net/water-filters-scholarship_ep_761-1.html.
ZINCH.COM SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINE:
Zinch is a completely free scholarship search engine used by over 4 million students nationwide. With over a billion dollars in scholarship listed, it’s one of the biggest websites of its kind! Zinch also offers match settings for its users, making it faster to find scholarships that are most suited for you. To utilize this scholarship search engine, please visit http://www.zinch.com/scholarships.
Scholarship Opportunities Websites
General Scholarship Search:
Specific to County:
www.eriecommunityfoundation.org – Erie Community Foundation-Erie County Residents Only
www.pittsburghfoundation.org – Pittsburgh Foundation (High School graduate of Butler, New Castle, or Kittanning County)
Frank & Clara Williams – Venango Area Community Foundation 814-677-5085 (Venango County)
Paul Hyland Harris – Office of Financial Aid at Allegheny College (Crawford, Venango, and Warren County)
Theodore K. Vogeley Scholarship – For students from Butler High School (PA). Please inquire at your guidance counselor’s office.)
Specific to Homeless or At-Risk Students:
https://www.horatioalger.org/scholarships/index.cfm -Horatio Alger Association
Specific to Females:
www.womenssportsfoundation.org – Dorothy Harris Endowed Scholarship
www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_central/scholarships/ – Previous or current girl scouts
Specific to Ethnicity:
www.hsf.net/ – Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Specific to Religious Affiliation:
www.gbhem.org – UnitedMethodistChurch
www.siemens-foundation.org/en/ – Siemens Westinghouse Competition in Math, Science and Technology
us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/services-academic/essayhome.html - Signet Classics Student Scholarship Essay Contest
www.tylenol.com/page.jhtml?id=tylenol/news/subptyschol.inc – Tylenol: Health-Related fields of study
www.4spe.org/spe-foundation#scholarships - Society of Plastics Engineers
www.pheaa.org – SciTech Scholarship: Pennsylvania Residents
www.harlequinfloors.com/us/en/dance-area/dance-scholarship.html -American Harlequin
www.jamesmadison.com/ – James Madison
www.eliewieselfoundation.org/prizeinethics.aspx -The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity