TO APPLY FOR A JOB:
Complete a job application and submit it to the supervisor of the job. Follow up with the supervisor about any additional applications required and to arrange an interview. Click here for a job application. Click here to view a list of student job openings.
COMPLETE REQUIRED FORMS:
If you have never been paid by the college, you must complete the payroll forms and Confidentiality Agreement. These forms are available by clicking here. The forms need to be completed and submitted to the Office of Financial Aid OR to the Human Resources Office on the second floor of Bentley Hall. Remember to take original identification with you (copies cannot be accepted). You can use either a passport, or both a driver’s license and social security card or birth certificate.
AFTER YOU ARE HIRED:
1. Once you complete the mandatory payroll forms, we will email you a Student Employment Form. Print out the email, sign the bottom of the form, and then contact your supervisor for his/her Supervisor’s Student Employment Form. Please attach the two forms and turn them into the Financial Aid Office. These forms MUST be submitted before you start working. If they are not, there will not be an electronic time-sheet available for you on which to enter hours.
2. A Student Employment Form is required for EVERY job and must be completed EVERY academic year.
3. If you are working over Summer or Winter Breaks, you will need to complete separate Student Employment Forms.
ENTERING HOURS ON YOUR ELECTRONIC TIME SHEET (viewable only if all forms have been processed):
1. Log onto your WebAdvisor account.
2. Listed under Student Time sheets
- Click on “Enter Student Time sheets”
- Select the current Academic Year and click submit
3. A list of all of your jobs will appear. Select the job for which you wish to enter hours and click Submit.
4. A list of all time sheets for the academic year will appear. Select the time sheet for the dates you wish to enter and click Submit.
5. Next, the time sheet will appear, and you can enter your hours.
6. After you have entered hours, click Submit to save them. Do NOT check the box that says “submit to supervisor” until the end of the month when you have all of your hours entered. If you check this box before you have entered all of your hours you will not be able to enter the remaining hours.
7. Before 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the month, you must submit the time sheet to your supervisor.
- To do this, simply click the small box located on the bottom left-hand side beside “Submit to supervisor” and click Submit.
- Go back to make certain the time sheet’s status changed to “Submitted”.
- Status Values:
- No Time Sheet – this period is outside the Start and End dates for the job.
- No Hours – the time sheet is available but has no hours entered.
- Hours Entered – some hours have been entered on this time sheet, but it has not yet been submitted to the supervisor for approval.
- Submitted – this time sheet has been completed by the student and submitted to the supervisor for approval.
- Approved – this time sheet has been submitted to the supervisor and has been approved by the supervisor. It is ready for payment.
- Transmitted – this time sheet is either being processed for the next pay date, or the student has already been paid for the hours on the time sheet.
- If you work at an off-campus agency or at Parkhurst, after you electronically submit your time sheet, you need to print the time sheet for your supervisor to sign. Please make certain that your name, ID number and the agency name appear on the time sheet. Then have the time sheet delivered to the Financial Aid Office by 5:00 p.m. by the first business day of the month.
- You can then go back in at any time to see the progress of the time sheet, as well as to see any changes made by your supervisor or the Financial Aid Office.