Special Person Brunch

Last weekend I was invited to attend a brunch held by Kappa Kappa Gamma-Gamma Rho Chapter here at Allegheny in the Tippie Alumni Center. Each member of the sorority was accompanied by a person that has made a significant impact on their live. As I looked around, the members of the sorority introduced their specials guests to each other. The room was vibrant and filled with happiness. Everyone was talking, laughing and smiling and eagerly waiting to dive into their food.

When everyone was comfortable and content with their stomachs, members of KKG began to speak about their three core values: leadership, scholarship and philanthropy. They wanted their guests to know they are using their talents to better the skills of others. One philanthropy program that was mentioned was called RIF. RIF stands for Reading is Fundamental. KKG members volunteer their services at the local head start program, raise money and the money goes
towards the national RIF.

Members of Kappa Kappa Gamma-Gamma Rho Chapter, pose for a group picture outside of Tippie Alumni Center at Allegheny College after their Special Person Brunch.

After different members of KKG informed the audience of their core values, they showed a slide show all the members. The slide show compiled photos of the members at various events.

I was honored to be invited to the special person brunch. I have gotten to know most of the KKG women and they are incredible people. This group of women are always seen together, always acknowledge me and most importantly care about each other. I’m pleased I have met these women and appreciate what they do for the community.

One Response to “Special Person Brunch”

1. Cheryl Hatch says:

Adam:
    I am pleased to see your third Gator Blog post. I applaud you for adding a photograph; visual images contribute stories.

I know you’re competitive, so I’ll tell you Lorri Drumm in JOURN100 has five posts.

I’ll look forward to your next one.
    Cheryl Hatch