Ronald Cole (Chair) B.S., Allegheny College; M.S., Ph. D., University of Rochester
Tamara Misner B.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln; M.S., Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
Rachel O’Brien (sabbatical 2014/2015) B.A., Colgate University; M.S., Ph.D., Washington State University
Robert Schwartz B.S., Allegheny College; M.S., Ph.D., Indiana University
Selected Publications and Achievements
- Julian Ross Award for Excellence in Teaching to Bob Schwartz, 2008
- Thoburn Award for Excellence in Teaching to Ron Cole, 2004
- “Sedimentology and morphodynamics of a barrier island shoreface and implications to engineering practices,”published in Marine Geology
- “Teaching the principles of geomicrobiology and the process of experimental research to undergraduate and first-year graduate students,” published in Journal of College Science Teaching.
- “Paleogene postcompressional intermontane basin evolution along the frontal cordilleran fold-and-thrust belt of southwestern Montana,” published in Geological Society of America Bulletin
- “Continental margin volcanism at sites of spreading ridge subduction: examples from southern Alaska and western California,” published in Tectonophysics.
- “Middle Tertiary volcanism during ridge-trench interactions in western California,”published in Science
- “Seasonal variability of adsorption and exchange equilibria in soil waters,” published in Aquatic Geochemistry
- “Multiple tracers of shallow groundwater flow and recharge in hilly loess,”published in Ground Water
- “A framework for integrating quantitative geologic problem-solving into courses across the undergraduate geology curriculum,”published in the Journal of Geoscience Education
- “Foreland basin evolution in response to interactive thrusting and foreland partitioning,” published in Geological Survey of America Memoir