Ronald Cole B.S., Allegheny College; M.S., Ph. D., University of Rochester
Tamara Misner B.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln; M.S., University of Pittsburgh; PhD Candidate, University of Pittsburgh
Rachel O’Brien (chair) B.A., Colgate University, 1986; M.S., Washington State University, 1992; Ph.D., 2000
Robert Schwartz B.S., Allegheny College; M.S., Ph.D., Indiana University
Selected Publications and Achievements
- “Middle Tertiary volcanism during ridge-trench interactions in western California,” published in Science
- “Teaching the principles of geomicrobiology and the process of experimental research to undergraduate and first-year graduate students,” published in Journal of College Science Teaching.
- “Continental margin volcanism at sites of spreading ridge subduction: examples from southern Alaska and western California,” published in Tectonophysics.
- “Seasonal variability of adsorption and exchange equilibria in soil waters,” published in Aquatic Geochemistry
- “Multiple tracers of shallow groundwater flow and recharge in hilly loess,” published in Ground Water
- “A framework for integrating quantitative geologic problem-solving into courses across the undergraduate geology curriculum,” published in the Journal of Geoscience Education
- “Summary of depositional environments, paleogeography, and structural control on sedimentation in a late Jurassic foreland basin, western Montana,” published in Mesozoic Systems of the Rocky Mountain Region, USA
- “Foreland basin evolution in response to interactive thrusting and foreland partitioning,” published in Geological Survey of America Memoir
- “Sedimentology and morphodynamics of a barrier island shoreface and implications to engineering practices,” published in Marine Geology