The Bias Education and Response Team, based in the Office of the Dean of Students, works to provide an opportunity for students, faculty and staff to be heard and supported. The fundamental role of the Bias Education and Response Team is to respond to situations that affect the larger community through education about current and historical issues surrounding bias. Utilizing best practices in our field, the team provides services to witness(es), bystander(s), targeted individual(s), offender(s), or a member(s) of the community in order to create change in a timely, effective, and comprehensive way. It is through our education services and initiatives that we hope to eliminate acts of bias within our community.
It is not the purpose of the Bias Education and Response Team to investigate, arbitrate, or to take the place of other College processes or services; rather, the intention is to complement and work with campus entities to connect those who have witnessed or themselves become a target of an act of bias with appropriate support and resources. The team does not and will not initiate disciplinary action or impose sanctions regarding bias incidents. Data collected from the bias reports is used to develop educational and outreach programs.
Bias Education & Response Team Members
- justin adkins, Associate Dean, IDEAS Center
- Ali Awadi, Director of Public Safety
- Ande Diaz, Associate Provost, Diversity & Inclusion
- Kimberly Ferguson, Vice President of Student Life & Dean of Students
- Gillian Ford, Title IX Coordinator
- Jacquie Kondrot, Associate Dean of Students
- Cornell LeSane, Vice President for Enrollment
- Jane Ellen Nickell, Chaplain
- Susan Salton, Vice President for College Relations
- Sharon Wesoky, Professor, Political Science/Women’s Gender & Sexuality Studies