It is a digital and connected world where work and leisure rely on being connected to web pages, social networks, shared data, and work resources. It is the individual’s responsibility to protect one’s identity and the data entrusted to them.
In response to this paradigm, Information Technology Services (ITS) shares this list of best practices and suggestions for adopting safe computing habits.
- 2-Step Verification and Google
- Protecting Files
- Evaluating and Contracting with Online Services (Coming Soon)
- Mobile Devices
- Public WiFi Hotspots
- Using College Data (Coming Soon)
- Understanding Sharing and Storage in Google Drive
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
Should you want to discuss your computing habits and look for ways to more efficiently and safely use the resources necessary for your work at Allegheny, please contact ITS. Call the Help Desk at (814) 332-2755 or create a Web Help Desk ticket to request assistance.