Information Technology Services (ITS) implements, maintains and supports systems that support the enterprise needs of the College. The information professionals of ITS assist and encourage the effective use of information technology to enhance the working environment and use resources efficiently.
Systems we support are:
- Ellucian Colleague, including the ST, CF and CA modules.
- WebAdvisor (web access to Colleague data)
- Entrinsik Informer web reporting dashboard
- ADP Enterprise (Payroll and Human Resources)
- EMS Professional (Events calendar and scheduling)
- SoftDocs (check printing)
- Synoptix (Financial Reporting)
- WordPress (Web Content Management)
- Wufoo (Online Form Building)
as well as a number of departmental specific systems and software packages.
Support includes regular system maintenance, including upgrades and patches and coordinating the user testing involved in ensuring a reliable enterprise system. However, most of our time is spent in supporting the work of administrative departments through business analysis, report consultation, and custom programming. Examples of this include:
- An academic performance reporting system to connect faculty and student affairs folks together in a process to improve the student academic experience.
- Student car registration tracking
- Online application submission and import
- Online timesheet and hours worked submission and approval
Allegheny College is also extremely active in the Datatel Users Group, both regionally and nationally. Members of ITS, Development and Admissions have presented at the national conference, and users from a wide range of offices have attended annually.
We are a founding member of the PADUG (Pennsylvania Area Datatel Users Group) and involved in planning the group’s annual conference. Members of ITS, Development, Admissions, Financial Aid and Financial Services have presented at the conference as well.