- Allegheny Username and Password
- Changing Your Password – required semi-annually
- Requesting Accounts for Departmental, Student Group, or Spouse, Partner, and Dependent Use
Backing Up Your Data
- See File Storage
Best Practices: Adopting Safer Computing Habits
- 2-Step Verification and Google
- Encrypting and Password Protecting Files
- Mobile Devices
- Public WiFi Hotspots
- Securing the Human Video Series
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- What Makes A Good Password?
Colleague and Informer
- Accessing Colleague
- Accessing Colleague and Informer from Off Campus (VPN)
- Removing a Job from an Admin Print Queue
- Informer Tutorials
File Storage (formerly Backing Up Your Data)
- Administrative :O Drive
- Google Drive – Files stored there (uploaded or created with Google Docs) are automatically backed up by Google.
Google Apps and My Allegheny
- Apps Status Dashboard
- Check Google Drive Storage Used
- FAQ for My Allegheny
- Google Apps Learning Center
- Stay Informed About Google Apps Updates
Printing and Posters
- Printing On Campus
- Print to Public Printers using PaperCut Client
- Poster templates and printing information
Protecting Computer, Identity, and Data
- Never Share Username and Passwords
- Phishing Information
- Virus Information
- Implications of File Sharing
- ShareStream is a multimedia platform that integrates with Sakai and enables instructors to stream video and audio to their students. In addition to tools for viewing, editing, organizing, and searching multimedia.
- ChemOffice: Students and faculty are entitled to a free download of this software.
- JMP Statistical software is available for student and faculty personal use through the 2015 – 2016 academic year. Download and installation instructions can be found here.
- Kaleidagraph:Students currently enrolled in a class using Kaleidagraph are eligible to obtain a free copy of Kaleidagraph for their personal computer. It must be removed at the completion of the course.
- LaTeX for your personal computer
- Mnova: Download on the Mnova for Mac or Windows. Once downloaded you will need to activate with the campus license keys available for download when on campus.
- Obtain Software for Personal Computer
Telephones and Voicemail
- Voicemail User Guide (PDF)
- Allegheny College VPN access Colleague when off campus
Web Help Desk
- Create a Google Site, learn how to get started with Google Sites
- General Web Site Information
- Requesting Access to sites
- WordPress Help