Members of the community can request additional Allegheny Accounts for departmental, student group, or use by a family member.
Submit a Ticket
Requests are handled through our ticketing system Web Help Desk. Head to http://webhelp.allegheny.edu and sign in using your Allegheny username and password. Submit a ticket based on the account type and details listed below.
Departmental - Departmental accounts allow a way to log on to departmental computers and resources. Often they are used by work-studies to sign on to departmental computers to perform tasks assigned by their supervisor. Departmental accounts are also commonly used to provide a common email address that is unique from employees of the department.
- When creating the ticket in Web Help Desk select New Account -> Departmental from the request type menu and provide information requested in the ticket.
- The ticket should be created by the person who will be responsible for the account.
Student Group - Student groups wanting to communicate electronically with others on campus can request an account. Student group accounts are associated to the group’s faculty advisor’s account, thus creation of the account depends on the faculty advisor approving the request.
- When creating the ticket in Web Help Desk select New Account -> Student Group from the request type menu and provide information requested in the ticket.
- Student group account requests can be processed faster if the request is made by the group’s faculty advisor. The faculty advisor will be contacted by Information Technology Services (ITS) if request is not made by him/her.
- A representative from the Office of Student Involvement can provide the necessary approval for groups without a current faculty advisor.
Spouse, Partner, and Dependents of College Employees Accounts – Employees can request an Allegheny Account for use by spouses, partners and dependents as outlined by Allegheny College Computing Policies.
- When creating the ticket in Web Help Desk select New Account -> Spouse, Partner, and Dependents from the request type menu and provide information requested in the ticket.
- ITS will contact the Provost or Vice President of Finance as appropriate when the request is made.
Appropriate Use of Additional Accounts
Additional accounts are associated with the individual’s Allegheny Account who made the request. This individual will be responsible for changing the password and the activities of the account. Accounts are subject to the appropriate use policies outlined in Allegheny College Computing Policies.