Meet Your NaviGators

Danushka

Hello! I am a Junior, majoring in Neuroscience and minoring Dance and movement studies. Fun fact my name is Russian,but I’m not nor have any relatives that are Russian. I was born in Lima, Peru, but have lived in New York City almost my entire life. When I tell people that I come from New York City they always seem to get shock. People always ask me how the transition of moving from a city like New York to Meadville was. I can honestly say that at first it was definitely a challenge for me, but thankfully I met people who helped me feel at home. Entering college was actually more scary then exciting for me, because I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know how living away from home was going to be like or how I was going to learn to manage on my own. However, through my two years at Allegheny I have learned that it’s okay not to know how a certain experience will be like. Not everyone comes into college knowing what they want to major in or what they want to get out of their college experience. I have learned that College is the time where everyone makes their own experiences. It’s the time when students learn to put themselves out there and step outside their own comfort zone. College is where some student make mistake, but learn how to overcome such mistake and ask for help when needed. College is the time when some students learn to manage their academics and their social life. It’s the time when students will realize that they have to make certain decisions and that In the end of the day one’s college experience ends up being how one decides it. So although college seemed scary to me at first, it no longer does. Now I see college as an exciting tool to learn about myself, get to meet new people, and a way to help me accomplish my goals.

Ali

I am a junior who is from Canton, Ohio. I am a biochemistry major with a minor in Spanish on the pre-dental track. I am currently on the Women’s Golf team and I’ve been playing golf competitively since 7th grade. I have three older siblings.

Margaret

I am a senior who is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Writing. I have been a Social Media Assistant for Allegheny College and a DJ for the college’s radio station WARC 90.3 F.M. since I was a freshman. In addition, I am a founding member of The Book House, a Special Interest House on campus, and I am currently the house’s Public Relations Manager. I am also on the board of Psi Chi (Allegheny’s branch of the International Psychological Honor Society) as Public Relations. I became a NaviGator for the same reason I am majoring in Psychology–to help people. Specifically, I am a NaviGator because I want to help students who are struggling with academics, stress, organization, homesickness or if they just need someone to talk to.

Caitlin

Hannah

I’m a sophomore soccer player, neuroscience major and education minor. Also I am in alpha chi and in the service frat APO. I’m from Pittsburgh.

Jake

I’m a sophomore from just outside Buffalo NY. I’m an Environmental Science Major with interests in both Geology and Literature. I’m also an O-lineman on the football team. In my free time I enjoy music, the outdoors, and the indoors.

Joe

I am a part of the class of 2020 at Allegheny, and am also a Biology major, Education minor, and a football player. I was born in Columbus, Ohio, and have lived in three different countries and five different states, but I call Lakewood, NY home. Fall of 2017 will be my first semester as a Navigator, and I’m excited to work with incoming students.

Lauren

Hi, I am from Pittsburgh, PA. I am a Psychology major and Global Health Studies minor. In my free time I enjoy exercising and traveling. I have been a NaviGator for the past 3 semesters and it is a fulfilling experience. As a NaviGator, you have the opportunity to help your fellow students and watch them grow. Another group I am involved with on campus is Love Your Melon, a service organization that supports pediatric cancer research. My career aspirations are to become a Pediatric Grief Counselor, helping children and families to cope with trauma and loss. A fun fact about me is that I have recently become a dog mom! Murphy is a black lab and we love to walk together.

Julia

I’m a junior English creative writing major here at Allegheny. I’m also a biology minor and pre-med, and I’m planning on going to medical school after graduation. I’m from Green Bay, Wisconsin (yes, it is a long way), where I have two sisters and a brother, an arrogant cat and a silly but lovable golden retriever. In my free time, I like to read, write, watch various unrealistic medical dramas, and then watch actual surgeries so I can dream about my life as a surgeon.

Natali

Hi I’m originally from Madaba, Jordan and a Biology and Psychology double major. My favourite food is Cap’n Crunch, my favourite color is red, and and interesting fact is I have frequently flown around Europe and the Middle East with the King of Jordan. I have three pet camels and love cats even though I’m allergic to them. I’m often found running behavioural pharmacology experiments in Carnegie, or doing yoga outside Brooks. On campus, I am a sister of Tri Delta and a member of Psi Chi, Lambda Sigma, the pre-health club, and the international club.

Emma

I am a sophomore here at Allegheny with a major in Environmental Science and a minor in Psychology. My dream job would be something involving the conservation of animals. I am from Winchester Virginia which is about an hour from Washington DC. My favorite things to do is Scuba Diving, going outside, hiking, and riding my horse Crescent. I love animals and my service dog Carter and pet rat Addison came to college with me. Back home I have 8 goats, 2 horses, and 3 dogs. I also love to travel and try new foods. You can often find me up at Robertson walking the trails or at GFC studying. On campus I am on the board of Animal Welfare and am a member of the Outings club, Equestrian club, and Students for Environmental Action. Hope to see you around!

Tyanna

Hey, I am a rising junior majoring in Biology and Minoring in Economics. I’m from New Castle, Pa but currently live in North Carolina. Outside of academics, I enjoy drawing, exercising and helping others. I’m involved with Athletic Department here at Allegheny and I am on the ​Health Professions Advisory Committee.

Janyah

My name is Janyah Williams. Most people call me Nyah. I am a junior with a Community & Justice Studies major and a minor in Global Health. I am from Brooklyn, New York. My favorite thing to do is lay in my bed and binge watch Netflix. My name is Janyah Williams. Most people call me Nyah. I am a junior with a Community & Justice Studies major and a minor in Global Health. I am from Brooklyn, New York. My favorite thing to do is lay in my bed and binge watch Netflix.

Deanna

My name is Deanna Reyes and I am a junior from the Bronx, NY. I am a Communication Arts major with a double minor in Spanish and Community and Justice

Brian

My name is Brian A. Hill and I am a Junior studying both Political Science and Communication Arts . I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio and continue to live there today. Outside of academics, I have an interest in visual arts and political movements across the world. In my free time enjoy listening to music, visiting museums, and learning about different cultures.