2016 FS 102 Speech Competition
The Director of Speaking and peer speech consultants invite students currently enrolled in FS 102 to submit a speech for the 2016 FS Speech Contest.
Cash awards will be given to the top three speakers: First Place $50, Second Place $35, and Third Place $20.
- This contest is open to all students currently enrolled in FS 102.
- Speeches should be no longer than seven minutes.
- Speech can be on any subject. Students may perform a speech delivered for an FS 101 or FS 102 assignment or prepare something new for the competition.
- Speeches must be delivered extemporaneously. Speakers may use notes but may not speak from a manuscript.
- Students enter the contest by emailing a recording of their speech to the Director of Speaking Jon Wiebel (email@example.com) by Tuesday March 29th. Entries must be received by 5:00 PM.
- A selection committee will determine the top seven speakers from the entries received.
- The top seven speakers will be notified by Thursday March 31st.
- The top seven speakers will compete live on Gator Day Tuesday April 5th.
- Performances may include visual aids.
- Speeches will be judged on originality of thought, extemporaneous delivery skills, use of supporting evidence, organization, and engagement with audience.