Policy Regarding Mass Mailings Such as Fliers Advertising Events
Please note: Only Post Office staff and authorized student workers may place mail in student mailboxes.
Because of the staff time that would be involved in placing fliers, brochures, and other informational and promotional material in our more than 2,000 student mailboxes, we cannot meet requests to distribute mass mailings.
Occasional exceptions are made for fliers that promote official college functions and that describe a month-long, semester-long, or year-long series of events. If you are unsure whether your events or programs might be an exception, please check with the Mailing Services manager before you make copies for distribution.
We encourage you to use the methods below to promote your programs. Most of them will save you time as well as paper.
- Send an announcement of your event or program to My Allegheny, the college’s student and faculty services and news portal.
- Add your event to the master calendar.
- Distribute posters on bulletin boards in the Campus Center and other locations.
- Leave a stack of fliers at the counter near the Post Office so that students who are interested can take one.
- Contact the Campus to see if they will publicize your event.
- Contact department chairs or department secretaries to ask if they will publicize your events and programs at department meetings and on department bulletin boards.
- Contact Resident Directors to ask if they will publicize your events and programs at their next group meeting.
- Mail one flier to each administrative office. A single flier can be posted or circulated among the employees of each office.