Travel Funding for Research and Conference Presentations:
- Funding From the URSCA Office (please contact Aimee Knupsky)
- Funding from the Gateway
- Funding from Global Health Studies program (Howard Hughes Medical Institute)
- How Do I Find Funding for Travel?
Tips on Conference Presentations:
- How to Give a Good Poster Presentation
- Example of poster for general audience
- Example of poster for specific audience
- Good site for tips on poster design
Conference Events in the Region
Allegheny College Research Seminar Series (ACRoSS) Every Tuesday between June 7th and August 9th, noon to 1:30, Tippie Alumni Center.
Fall Semester 2016
Gateway Fall Symposium & Open House, 11:00am – 1:00 p.m., Saturday, November 5, 2016, Gateway, Pelletier Library.
Regional Science Consortium Conference, RSC 12th Annual Research Symposium on November 2-4 at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center. Abstract deadline Oct. 3rd. Event Nov. 2nd through Nov. 4th.
Spring Semester 2017
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) Posters on the Hill, Abstract deadline Nov. 4th. Event is in late April/early May, Washington, D.C. (TBD, date will be set once the congressional calendar is in place). Please contact the URSCA director before submitting an abstract to this conference.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), submissions due Dec. 2nd. Conference April 6-8 at the University of Memphis.
Campus Wide Student Accomplishment Celebration, May 2nd, 2017. Details to come.
Undergraduate Research at the Capitol (URC-PA), TBD, Harrisburg, PA (Abstract Deadline – TBD). Please contact the URSCA director before submitting an abstract to this conference.