Travel Funding for Research and Conference Presentations:
- Gateway Award Application: URSCA Office (please contact Lee Coates (fall 2017) or Aimee Knupsky)
- Funding from Global Health Studies program (Howard Hughes Medical Institute)
- How Do I Find Funding for Travel?
Tips on Conference Presentations:
- How to Give a Good Poster Presentation
- Good site for tips on poster design_Natural Science
- Good site for tips on poster design_Humanities
- Poster Making Instructions
- Example Humanities Poster_Comm Arts
- Example Humanities Poster_English
- Example Social Science Poster_History
- Example Social Science Poster_Psychology
- Example Natural Science Poster_Biology
- Example Natural Science Poster_Neuroscience
- Example Interdisciplinary Poster_Psych Spanish
Conference Events in the Region
Fall Semester 2017
Gateway Fall Symposium & Open House, Saturday, October 21st in the Gateway, Pelletier Library. Time TBA.
Regional Science Consortium Conference, November 8th-November 10th, Erie PA. Submission deadline Oct. 3rd.
Spring Semester 2017
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) Posters on the Hill, Abstract deadline TBA. Event is in late April/early May, Washington, D.C. (TBD, date will be set once the congressional calendar is in place). Please contact the URSCA director before submitting an abstract to this conference.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), submissions due Tuesday, Dec. 5th. Conference April 6-8 at the University of Memphis.
Cook-Lahti Scholars Symposium, May 2nd, 2017. Poster session is by nomination. Calls for panels will be placed in early spring 2018.
Undergraduate Research at the Capitol (URC-PA), TBD, Harrisburg, PA (Abstract Deadline – TBD). Please contact the URSCA director before submitting an abstract to this conference.