The Gates Cambridge Scholarship
An international scholarship program to enable outstanding graduate students from outside the United Kingdom to study at the University of Cambridge. The Trustees award scholarships on the basis of a person’s intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to their communities and applying their talents and knowledge to improve the lives of others. Highly competitive.
- Graduating seniors
- Stellar transcripts
- High GPA
- Strong references
- Clear reason why study at Cambridge is appropriate
- Successful US interview
Nature of the Award
- University/College fees covered.
- Maintenance Allowance (£8800).
- Travel Allowance (£2200).
- A contribution toward college’s mentoring program in student’s name.
Nature of Scholarship
- Study in any subject available at Cambridge University
- For research leading to PhD; 1-year post-grad course; or 2nd BA/BS (“Affiliated Student”)
Extremely competitive, 48 U.S. students for ’07-’08.
The deadline for applications is November 1st of the applicant’s senior year. Application does not require nomination, but interested students are advised to meet with Glenn Holland.