As the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation undertakes a major construction project to improve traffic flow in downtown Meadville, drivers can expect some delays, although the city is working with Allegheny College to minimize delays during major campus events such as Commencement and Reunion weekends. The North Street Project began in May 2013 and will shut down in November 2013, start back up in March 2014, and finish in summer 2014.
More information can be found on the contractor’s website. We’ll also post updates below on a regular basis.
For more information about traveling to Allegheny College, see our “Traveling to Meadville” page here on the Visitor’s Center.
- North Main Street remains closed to through traffic until further notice.
- Please follow the revised driving directions on the map below.
Map & Directions
Starting from I-79 toward Meadville
- Head east on US-19N / US-322E / Conneaut Lake Rd toward Meadville
- Slight right onto Park Ave
- Turn right onto Chestnut St
- Slight left onto Diamond Park Square
- Continue onto N Main St
- Turn left onto W Steers St
- Take the 2nd right onto Park Ave
- Take the 2nd right onto Randolph St
- Take the 2nd left onto N Main St
- Veer right at the split to continue up N Main St
- The 454 House (Admissions Building), Quigley Hall, and associated parking will be on the left side of the street.
- The Tippie Alumni Center, Wise Center, Campus Center, Vukovich Center, and associated parking will be on the right side of the street.