College is a four-year journey that begins with this first step.
The Access Allegheny Program helps you start your college journey. The program provides resources, tools, and support so you can navigate your transition from high school to the challenge — and excitement — of the Allegheny experience, both in and out of the classroom.
From day one in Access Allegheny, you’ll receive ongoing individualized attention that extends through your first year and beyond. The lasting relationships you forge with students, faculty, and staff will continue to benefit you throughout your time at Allegheny. Teaching you skills and strategies you don’t know, you don’t know.
Access Allegheny invites applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. The program has proven particularly meaningful to students who are :
- Among the first in their families to attend college
- Coming to Allegheny from a great distance
- In financial need
- Seeking additional academic and advising support in the transition to adapting to college-level work
Please note that space in the program is limited due to its personalized nature.
The Access Allegheny Program paves the way to success on your college journey.
For more information, please contact Program Director, Carly Masiroff: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific First-Year Seminar (FS 101) class taught by instructors who will serve as your academic advisors
- Pairing with an Access Allegheny NaviGator Peer Mentor (who previously was in Access Allegheny)
- One-on-one session with Career Education counselors
- Financial Aid session to prepare for work-study jobs, scholarships, and loans
- Enhanced leadership and resiliency skills
Resources to Help You Succeed
- College 101 class covering time management, study strategies, and your transition to college life
- Workshops presented by various college offices, including one specifically to help you find a work-study job on campus
- Guided tours and activities to become comfortable with the campus geography
- Early move-in to your residence hall (one week before official Move-in Day)
- Up to $250 textbook voucher for each of your first two semesters