College is a four-year journey that begins with this first step.
The Access Allegheny Program helps you start your college journey. The program provides resources, tools, and support so you can navigate your transition from high school to the challenge — and excitement — of the Allegheny experience, both in and out of the classroom.
From day one as an Access Allegheny, you’ll receive ongoing individualized attention that extends through your first year. And the lasting relationships you forge with fellow students, faculty advisors, and staff will continue to benefit you throughout your time at Allegheny.
Access Allegheny invites applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. The program has proven particularly meaningful to students who are :
- Among the first in their families to attend college
- Are coming to Allegheny from a great distance
- Are seeking additional academic and advising support in adapting to college-level work
Please note that space in the program is limited due to its personalized nature.
The Access Allegheny Program paves the way to success on your college journey. Apply to Access Allegheny today.
“Access without support is not opportunity.”
—Professor Vincent Tinto, 2008
- Specific First-Year Seminar (FS) class taught by instructors who will serve as your academic advisors
- Pairing with an Access Allegheny NaviGator Peer Mentor (who previously was in Access Allegheny)
- One-on-one session with Career Education counselors
Resources to Help You Succeed
- College 101 class covering time management, study strategies, financial literacy, and your transition to college life
- Workshops presented by various college offices, including one specifically to help you find a work-study job on campus
- Early move-in to your residence hall (August 17, 2018 — one week before official Move-in Day)
- Up to $200 textbook stipend for each of your first two semesters