Associate Director of Marketing & Communications
Phone:(814) 332-4725 | Email: email@example.com
About me: Collector / Metalhead / Pescetarian
Pronouns: he / him / his
Jason joined the Admissions Office at Allegheny in January, 1999. He is a Pittsburgh native and a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University with a degree in Professional Writing. While in college he was involved with orientation and residence life and discovered he wanted to continue working in higher education. After some time in alumni affairs at his alma mater he decided he wanted to assist students and their families with the college search, particularly in a liberal arts environment. He enjoys meeting students throughout their college search and helping them to see if Allegheny will be a good fit.
In addition to working with students on their college search, Jason assists with communications and data management in the Admission Office. He never understood why it was necessary for Excel to have upwards of 50,000 rows until working in admissions.
Jason’s Favorite Photos
- Crawford County and surrounding area, PA
Travel calendars are updated daily with college fairs, high school visits, and off-campus interview opportunities.Find Me On The Road
Tips for Future Allegheny Students
- You’ll be in college, so listen to college radio. You’ll discover new music and support true artists. I heard bands like the Death Cab for Cutie and Spoon years before their mainstream exposure by listening to 90.3 WARC, Allegheny’s student-run radio station.
- It snows in Meadville. Often. So get a a good jacket, boots, and a warm hat (see photo). There are some excellent sled-riding spots right on campus. The hill near Reis Hall is a family favorite.
- You can learn a lot about a college through websites, alumni, guidance counselors, and guidebooks but nothing can compare to visiting a college in person. Make sure to tour the campus, talk to people, even eat the food before you decide to spend four years there.
Fun Facts About Jason
- Favorite Meadville Restaurant
Julian’s (any burger can be made as a veggie burger if you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or pescetarian)
- Favorite Heavy Metal Bands
Trouble, Paradise Lost, Iron Maiden
- Favorite Bands (non-metal)
Superchunk, Fountains of Wayne, Wussy
- Favorite Writers
Nick Hornby, Tom Perrotta, Chuck Klosterman
Hockey fan, comic book collector, music fan