Phone: (814) 332-4732 | Email: email@example.com
About me: Conservationist / Traveler / Athlete
Amanda is a 2018 graduate of Allegheny with a BS in Environmental Science and minors in Spanish and Global Health Studies. While in college, Amanda was Captain of the Varsity Swim Team, Vice President of Intellectual Development for Alpha Chi Omega Sorority, and New Member Educator of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity. She actively volunteered at the Crawford County Humane Society during her four years and remains passionate about helping and rescuing shelter animals. In addition to her academic and extracurricular involvements, Amanda spent a semester abroad at James Cook University in Townsville, Australia, participated in a 3-week Experiential Learning Trip to Sri Lanka with professors and fellow students, and spent a summer on campus doing research with a professor. Shortly after graduation, Amanda moved to Sarasota, Florida where she interned at MOTE Marine Laboratory & Aquarium rehabilitating sea turtles, dolphins, and whales.
Amanda developed a passion for higher education after interning in the admissions office her senior year. Her college search process as a high school student was extensive, so she loves to help students find the perfect fit for them, just as she found in the community of Allegheny. She also formerly worked as an Allegheny Tour Guide!
When not working, Amanda can be found at a local animal shelter, rewatching Friends for the seemingly 100th time, working out, or planning her next trip. She also loves anything chocolate, watching Ellen Degeneres clips, reading, practicing yoga, visiting coffee shops, and eating hot buffalo wings.
- Rochester, NY
- Northern California (Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose)
- Washington, DC
Travel calendars are updated daily with college fairs, high school visits, and off-campus interview opportunities.Find Me On The Road
Tips for Future Allegheny Students
- Take advantage of any and all opportunities to travel- these experiences are indispensable and will inspire you, mold you, and set a fire within you to explore and learn more.
- Have an open mind.
- Get to know your professors on a personal level- they are not here only to help you grow academically, but also as a whole person, and will continue to guide you post-grad.
- Get to know other Allegheny staff personally- they are some pretty incredible people with amazing advice and stories.
- Explore Meadville and the surrounding area- Vacavi Cafe, Woodcock & Robertson hiking trails, and Hank’s Frozen Custard are some of my favorite places to go.
- Attend as many sporting events, musical productions, dance shows, concerts, and other extracurricular events as possible to have fun and support your fellow Allegheny peers.
- Get involved, expand your horizons, and take classes outside your academic area of interest- these experiences will all shape who you are as a person.
Fun Facts About Amanda
- Amanda has visited over 12 different countries where she has canyoned down waterfalls, whitewater rafted, ziplined through rainforests, gone on safaris, swam with sharks and stingrays, released sea turtle hatchlings, rode horseback up volcanoes, snorkeled in the Great Barrier Reef, participated in community service, and more.
- She has swam in 3 of the 5 oceans.
- Amanda is originally from Rochester, NY where the majority of her large Irish family of over 80 members resides.
- Some of her favorite movies include La La Land and A Star is Born.
- Her favorite shows include Friends, New Girl, This is Us, and Grey’s Anatomy.
- German Shepherds are her favorite dog breed.
- She once spoke on stage at a symposium about the importance of conservation alongside the former Seaworld trainers featured in the documentary Blackfish.