Assistant Director of Admissions & Transfer Coordinator
Phone: (814) 332-3715 | Email: email@example.com
About me: Hufflepuff / Bassoonist / Traveler
Born in Vermont and raised in upstate New York, Katie is a 2012 graduate from Union College with a BS in Psychology. As a student, she was involved with community service, event programming, pep band, and goofy college sports like broomball. Working as an undergraduate tour guide inspired her lifelong love of the admissions process and motivated her to pursue further education. Katie holds an MA in Higher Education with a concentration in student access and success from the University of Michigan.
Katie’s work in higher education has been focused on increasing the transparency of the admissions process and promoting access. Her most recent conference presentation was “Undocumented and DACA Youth: An Overview of Today’s Complex Landscape.”
In her free time, Katie tends to be very boring. She loves to watch classic sitcoms (definitely not just Parks & Rec on repeat), hang out with her generally terrible rescue dogs, eat aggressively spicy ramen, and collect first edition children’s books. Katie has managed to translate her complete lack of artistic ability into subversive cross stitching because it requires zero talent as well as a weekend job at the local pottery store where she can help other visions turn out well. She also loves to use her absence of any real muscles (and her yet to emerge musical talent) with moving fake furniture as a member of stage crew during local musicals.
- Allentown, PA
- Harrisburg, PA
- Scranton, PA
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Tips for Future Allegheny Students
- Follow your passions and explore all of your interests, starting as soon as you can! When you spend your time and effort doing what you love and not what you think colleges want to see in the application process, you’ll end up as a more genuine person.
- College isn’t just about learning about the world; it’s also about learning about yourself. Make sure you leave your comfort zone sometimes because that’s where you will have the most growth.
- Get to know all of the resources available for you on campus and take advantage of the special opportunities.
Travel calendars are updated daily with college fairs, high school visits, and off-campus interview opportunities.Find Me On The Road
Fun Facts About Katie
- Katie loves to travel for work and for pleasure and has been to 17 states and 10 countries in the last two years.
- One of Katie’s prized possessions is inspired by the novel Looking for Alaska: A bottle of Strawberry Hill wine, autographed by John Green.
- Katie is very proud to have had butterbeer in three out of four of the officially licensed locations, including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Universal Studios Orlando & LA) as well as the Making of Harry Potter (London). Next up on her travel bucket list is Japan!
- Katie is a classically trained bassoonist and played the National Anthem on TV in 2012 for the 2012 NCAA Frozen Four.
- Katie’s favorite expression is “Fun fact!”, which she will say upwards of five times every day before continuing on with an odd bit of trivia. Fun fact: Did you know that the color orange was named after the fruit, and not the other way around?