Senior Assistant Director of Admissions & Transfer Coordinator
Phone: (814) 332-4743 | Email: email@example.com
Unusual Combinations: Soup maker / book lover / shopaholic
Originally from Long Island, NY, Suzyn-Elayne is a two-time graduate of Boston University, she earned a BA with a major in anthropology with a minor in women’s studies then a Master’s in Education. She started her career in admissions in 2003 and relocated to Allegheny College after more than a decade in south Florida. Now living back in four seasons she enjoys crunching through autumn leaves, skiing, ice skating, drinking hot chocolate and hot (vs. iced) tea and all-things Christmas-when it is actually cold!
Suzyn loves music. Her grandfather was a professional musician but his talent was not passed down to her, however whenever appropriate, and especially in the car, she will have music playing. Some of her favorites include: The Decemberists, Dar Williams, Simon and Garfunkel, Pitbull and Depeche Mode. She loves to read, which came from her mother, a librarian. She credits her book club at the Blake Library in Florida with exposing her to so many new authors and genres. She has two older siblings, her brother is a college professor in Philadelphia and her sister is a Reading Coach/ESOL Specialist in Florida. From her father she inherited her work ethic; she values taking the time to really get to know students and build relationships that last beyond college graduation.
Suzyn’s Favorite Photos
- New York City and Long Island
Suzyn’s Travel Schedule
Travel calendars are updated daily.
Tips for Future Allegheny Students
- During your college search process, find out who your admission counselor is and reach out to him/her. Ask questions that are not easily found on the website and start to build a relationship; they are a valuable resource.
- Visit!! A large part of making your college choice happens in your heart and in your gut. Trust how you feel when you are on campus and when you are interacting with people from that college.
- Try the food! You will be eating it for four years, make sure that there is enough choice and that your school can accommodate any specific dietary needs.
- Don’t room with your best friend from home; if you have a roommate and they have a roommate now you each have two new friends.
- “Read the Books…Go to Class”-Dr. Brian Jorgensen, advice he gave every new BU student on the first day of classes.
Fun Facts About Suzyn
- Favorite writers: Jodi Picoult, Jhumpa Lahiri, Chris Bohjalian, and Sara Gruen
- Favorite movies: The Shawshank Redemption, everything ever produced/directed by Pedro Almodóvar, The Devil Wears Prada and rom-coms in general
- Favorite music: 90s, salsa and indie rock
- Favorite food: Fettuccini alfredo, NY Pizza, NY Bagels, lechón asado and anything Mexican
- Favorite vacations: Cruising with my family and wandering in new cities