Allegheny College is a leader in environmental education and institutional sustainability. The College became the first in Pennsylvania to be recognized as a “Carbon Neutral Campus” by Second Nature, and its Environmental Science and Sustainability (ESS) major is one of the oldest and most celebrated environmental programs in the country. One reason for Allegheny’s success has been its sustained commitment to applied, project-based instruction in cooperation with and in service to community partners, businesses, NGOs, and local and regional government agencies.
Allegheny’s Center for Sustainable Development offers a variety of services that are organized around faculty scholarship. Those services include:
- Product and manufacturing life cycle assessment
- Renewable energy systems design and installation
- Building energy audits
- Sustainable agriculture consulting
- Food system assessment
- Land use and environmental impact consulting
- Environmental protection/restoration consulting
- Public policy consulting
Contact Byron Rich for project intake.