Amelia Carr, Professor. B.A., Ohio State University; Ph.D., Northwestern University. Medieval France and Germany, liturgical art and drama, Northern and Italian Renaissance.
Heather Brand, Assistant Professor of Photography and Electronic Art. B.A. SUNY Brockport, NY; MFA State University of NY at Buffalo.
Paula Burleigh,Visiting Assistant Professor of Art History, Director of the Bowman, Penelec, Megahan Gallery. PhD, The Graduate Center of the City University of New York; MA, Case Western Reserve University; BA, Emory University.
Byron Rich, Assistant Professor of Electronic and Intermedia Art. BFA, University of Calgary. Calgary, Alberta, Canada. MFA in Emerging Practices, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo NY.
Ian F. Thomas, Assistant Professor of Ceramics and Sculpture. B.F.A. Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock PA; M.F.A. Texas Tech University, Lubbock TX.
William Brunken, Instructor. B.F.A., Slippery Rock State University, Slippery Rock, PA, Studio Painting minor in Ceramics; M.A., Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX Studio Painting, Drawing; M.F.A Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX Studio Painting,Computer Art. Drawing.
Amara Geffen, Professor of Art. B.F.A., University of Cincinnati; M.F.A., Indiana University. Ceramics, sculpture, environmental and installation art.
Jacqueline Hunt, Instructor. B.F.A., Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA, Studio Art; M.F.A., Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, Photography.
Eric Charlton, Art Technician and Instructor. B.F.A. Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA; M.F.A. Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY. 3D Technical Specialist.
Sherry A. Vardaro, Art Department Coordinator
Darren Lee Miller, Associate Professor of Photography and Digital Imaging, Leave of Absence 2018-2020. B.F.A., New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University, NY, M.F.A., School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
Richard Schindler, Professor of Art History. B.A., Gettysburg College; M.A., University of Massachusetts; Ph.D., Brown University. 19th century and Victorian art, French symbolist art and art nouveau, Dada and surrealist art.
Selected Faculty Publications/Achievements
- Honorius Augustodunensis’ Seal of Blessed Mary, translation and commentary, published by Peregrina
- Work illustrated in Utne Reader
- “Victorian Fairy Painting” in The Oxford Companion to Fairy Tales, Oxford University Press
- Sculpture featured in American Ceramics
- Artist-in-Residence, Frans Masereel Centrum, Belgium
- Visual Artist Fellow, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Visual Arts Fellow in Art Criticism, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Art criticism published in New Art Examiner and Sculpture magazines
- International Ceramics Exhibition, Auckland, New Zealand
- Guest Curator at the University of Akron, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, and the Brewhouse
- Exhibition of drawings at Purdue University
- Research Fellow, Studio for Creative Inquiry, Carnegie Mellon University
- “Interactive Artists’ Showcase,” panel chair, Mid-America College Art Association, University of Kentucky