Amelia Carr, Professor of Art History. B.A., Ohio State University; Ph.D., Northwestern University. Medieval France and Germany, liturgical art and drama, Northern and Italian Renaissance.
Amara Geffen, Professor of Art. B.F.A., University of Cincinnati; M.F.A., Indiana University. Ceramics, sculpture, environmental and installation art.
Darren Lee Miller, Associate Professor of Photography and Digital Imaging, Director and Curator of the Bowman~Penelec~Megahan Art Galleries at Allegheny College. B.F.A., New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University, NY, M.F.A., School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
Byron Rich, Assistant Professor of Electronic and Intermedia Art. BFA, University of Calgary. Calgary, Alberta, Canada. MFA in Emerging Practices, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo NY.
Richard Schindler, Professor of Art History. B.A., Gettysburg College; M.A., University of Massachusetts; Ph.D., Brown University. 19th century and Victorian art, French symbolist art and art nouveau, Dada and surrealist art.
Heather Brand, Visiting Assistant Professor of Art.
Instructional Support Staff
Ian Thomas, Ceramics and Sculpture Technician. B.F.A. Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock PA; M.F.A. Texas Tech University, Lubbock TX. Ceramics, sculpture.
Sherry A. Vardaro, Art Department Building Coordinator, Student Art Store Supervisor.
Selected Faculty Publications/Achievements
- Honorius Augustodunensis’ Seal of Blessed Mary, translation and commentary, published by Peregrina
- Work illustrated in Utne Reader
- “Victorian Fairy Painting” in The Oxford Companion to Fairy Tales, Oxford University Press
- Sculpture featured in American Ceramics
- Artist-in-Residence, Frans Masereel Centrum, Belgium
- Visual Artist Fellow, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Visual Arts Fellow in Art Criticism, Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Art criticism published in New Art Examiner and Sculpture magazines
- International Ceramics Exhibition, Auckland, New Zealand
- Guest Curator at the University of Akron, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, and the Brewhouse
- Exhibition of drawings at Purdue University
- Research Fellow, Studio for Creative Inquiry, Carnegie Mellon University
- “Interactive Artists’ Showcase,” panel chair, Mid-America College Art Association, University of Kentucky