AmeriCorps VISTA Lake Effect Leaders program is hiring seniors interested in living and serving the Crawford and Erie County areas. To learn more, visit their Facebook page or their website. For more information contact Gabby Bradshaw at email@example.com.
Summer internships at the National Museum of American History
The application deadline is March 1, 2018.
Work Local Job Fair
When: Thursday, March 1, 11:30 am- 1:30 pm
Where: Campus Center Lobby
Meet over 20 local employers in the Crawford County region who are offering internships, full-time/ part-time positions, and/or shadowing opportunities! Bring copies of your resume and dress business casual. This event is a great way to secure an in-semester internship or part-time job, or start your career! Crawford County boasts a low cost of living, outdoor recreation opportunities, and even a young professional organization.
WestPACS Job & Internship Fair
When: Wednesday, March 14, 10:00 am- 3:00 pm
Where: Monroeville Convention Center
Students and alumni from Allegheny College are invited to attend the WestPACS Job & Internship Fair, the largest fair of its kind in the Pittsburgh region! Over 150 employers attend this event and it’s the perfect way to kick-start your job or internship search! Students and alumni can pre-register online through 11:59 pm on March 12 and attend for free!
Career Education offers transportation to and from the fair for $10 round trip. Please stop by the Career Education office M-F 8:00 am- 5:00 pm to reserve your seat.
Concerned about the benefits of a job fair? Here are some reasons to attend:
- It’s a great opportunity to meet employers.
- You probably won’t get a job offer at a fair, but you will make some contacts that may benefit you in the future.
- It introduces you to the realities of the job search.
- it provides you with a chance to explore employers and career opportunities that you may never have thought about.
- It prompts you to do something about your resumé
- It provides crucial face-to-face contact with employers. You may send out hundreds of “faceless” résumés or online applications, but direct interaction with employers at a job fair allows you to deliver an elevator pitch selling your skills and personal qualities to the employer, ask questions, and make a great impression!
When: Tuesday, February 27, 11:30 am- 1:30 pm
Where: Campus Center Lobby
Stop in to have your resume, cover letters, or other documents reviewed by Career Education staff at the Resume Doctor session. This is the perfect chance to improve your resume prior to attending the WestPACS Job & Internship Fair on March 14. Please bring a printed copy.
“Tell Me About Yourself”: Elevator Pitch Workshop
When: Tuesday, March 6, 3:30 pm- 5:00 pm
Where: Campus Center 301/302
This is the perfect chance to get your Elevator Pitch ready prior to attending the WestPACS Job & Internship Fair on March 14. Open to students of all class years and majors.