- Ratio of majors to full-time department faculty: 4:1
- Average class size, introductory: 60
- Average class size, advanced: 15
Selected Faculty Publications and Achievements
- Dr. Persichini recently authored “Carbon-Carbon Bond Formation via Boron Mediated Transfer” in Current Organic Chemistry and has been named as a co-organizer of an international conference titled “Latest Trends in Organic Synthesis.”
- Dr. Murphree co-authored a book entitled Practical Microwave Synthesis for Organic Chemists.
- Dr. Persichini co-authored “Phospholipid Tubules II” in the Journal of the American Chemical Society, and he has given four invited talks in the last several years.
- Dr. Deckert co-authored, with students Kelley A. Anderson, Kate M. Mullaugh and Christine Delaney, “A Comprehensive Study of the Formation and Reaction of a Tethered N-hydroxysulfosuccinimidyl Ester Utilized To Covalently Tether Proteins to Surfaces,” in J. Phys. Chem. B. 108 (2004) 15808-15814.
- Dr. Serra was recently a Fogarty Senior International Fellow at CNRS in Strasbourg, France, and his group published “Effects of Magnesium Ions on the Stabilization of RNA Oligomers of Defined Structures” in RNA.
- Dr. Sheffield co-authored, with student Margaret Doyle, “Uptake of Copper (II) by Wool,” Textile Research Journal 76 (2005) 203.
- Dr. Statman was recently a Fulbright Scholar researching nonlinear optics in Budapest.