Dear Allegheny College Campus Community,
Day 2 of Module 1 move-in is now complete.
The COVID-19 test results from today’s move-in are as follows:
- 519 students were tested today, with 12 students testing positive; 1 of the positive students is unvaccinated.
- 12 employees were tested, with no persons testing positive.
- Since yesterday, 2 more students have contacted ACHA to report a positive COVID-19 test at home.
Here is a summary of the Allegheny community members currently in isolation for testing positive for COVID-19 (including today’s results):
- 71 students are currently in isolation; 11 are at the Quality Inn and 60 are at home.
- 21 employees are currently in isolation at home.
Other ACHA reminders and updates:
- We strongly discourage any travel or off-campus activityduring the next three weeks.
- There is a mask mandate in place through next Friday, at which time we will re-evaluate.
- Isolation for employeesis 10 days from the start of symptoms, though those who are improving or asymptomatic may be approved to return after 5 days.
- Isolation for studentsis 10 days from the start of symptoms, unfortunately without exception because students live together in congregant housing.
- Masking indoors at all home athletics events remains required. Effective immediately, only Allegheny students, faculty, staff, and invited guests of participants may attend athletics events hosted on campus.Spectator policies will remain in effect until further notice. Allegheny expects guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to coming to campus for events and activities.
- Persons who are fully vaccinated are required to test weekly through ACHA. Invitations to sign up for testing will be sent on the prior weekend. Those who have not yet received the COVID-19 booster because they are not yet eligible are considered fully vaccinated until they hit the 5-month mark, at which time they are required to receive the booster.
- Persons who are unvaccinated are required to test twice weekly through ACHA.You will not be invited to test; it is your responsibility to appear twice a week for testing on your assigned days. The second test is at the expense of the unvaccinated person. The weekly cost for the second test is $25. The cost will be administered in the following manner:
- For students, the $450 cost for the semester will be billed to their student account at the beginning of the semester. Contacts of COVID-19 positive persons who are unvaccinated are required to quarantine for 14 days at their own expense (either at the Quality Inn or off campus).
- For unvaccinated employees, a payroll deduction will be administered for the weekly cost each pay period.
Gator safe. Gator strong.