Creek Camp is now Freshwater Academy!

Do you have a love for our natural environment? Do like exploring the outdoors and getting wet? Want to learn outside the classroom in an interactive setting?

You can do all these things while on a college campus! This experience takes place at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA. While living in college dorms, you will participate in various activities. You will study fresh water ecology in the beautiful streams of Northwestern, PA, observe wildlife, learn from experts, all while earning college credit. You will be able to interact with many people from the Allegheny College community, including current students.

This is a physically and mentally demanding class. We are in and out of water each day and work in teams on projects. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity!

Application coming soon

2020 FreshwaterAcademy

Dates coming soon!

Freshwater Academy is for high schoolers from anywhere in the world!

Fee

Fee:  $1600, financial assistance may be available – please ask!
(covers college credit, materials, equipment, housing and food)

Study fresh water ecology in the beautiful streams of Northwestern PA, observe wildlife, learn from experts, all while earning college credit. Students will interact with Allegheny College faculty, staff and students. This is a physically and mentally demanding class. We thoroughly enjoy it but the days are long, we are in and out of creeks each day, and work in teams on projects. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity!

Overheard at the Creek:

“Creek Camp showed me areas of ecology and conservation that I had never seen before, and so helped me to better understand the career choices I’ll be making in my future. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience”

—Ben

“I was surprised at how many different approaches you can take to study and help out the environment”

—Christina

“Creek Camp was a fun, hands-on way for me to learn about the environment and the things that inhabit it.”

—Dustin

“It was an awesome experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!”

—Troy

“By the end of the week, it is almost like everyone is a family”

—Kiersten