Freshwater Academy

Creek Camp is now Freshwater Academy!

This pre-college program led by Creek Connections, Allegheny’s award-winning environmental education outreach program, for 15 years as Creek Camp is now Freshwater Academy where we will continue this unique opportunity to explore the nationally recognized and biologically diverse French Creek watershed.

Do you have a love for our natural environment? Do like exploring the outdoors and getting wet? Want to learn outside the classroom in an interactive setting?

You can do all these things while on a college campus! This experience takes place at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA. While living in college residence halls, you will participate in various activities. You will study fresh water ecology in the beautiful streams of Northwestern, PA, observe wildlife, learn from experts, all while earning college credit. You will interact with Allegheny College faculty, staff and students as well as regional environmental professionals.

This is a physically and mentally demanding class. We know you are up for the challenge of long days, getting in and out of creeks,  and working in teams on projects. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity!

Application coming soon

2020 FreshwaterAcademy

July 12-17 OR July 19-24

Freshwater Academy is for high schoolers from anywhere in the world!

Tuition

Fee:  $1600
covers college credit, materials, equipment, housing and food

After acceptance to the Summer Academy, a $200 non-refundable deposit will be required to secure a student’s enrollment. Full payment will be due July 1, 2020.

Deposit and tuition payments may be submitted online through the Summer Academy Payment Portal.

Summer Academy for highschool studentsSummer Academy

Check out the other Summer Academy Programs at Allegheny College!

Summer Academy for High School Students

Overheard at the Creek:

“It showed me areas of ecology and conservation that I had never seen before, and so helped me to better understand the career choices I’ll be making in my future. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience”

—Ben

“I was surprised at how many different approaches you can take to study and help out the environment”

—Christina

“It was a fun, hands-on way for me to learn about the environment and the things that inhabit it.”

—Dustin

“It was an awesome experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!”

—Troy

“By the end of the week, it is almost like everyone is a family”

—Kiersten