Liberal Arts Colleges Racial Equity Leadership Alliance (LACRELA)
For faculty and staff
In November 2020, Allegheny College became an inaugural member of The Liberal Arts Colleges Racial Equity Leadership Alliance (LACRELA), a consortium of liberal arts colleges and universities geared toward finding creative solutions for addressing issues of racial equity and diversity on campus launched by The University of Southern California Race and Equity Center.
As a LACRELA member institution, Allegheny is able to send up to eight members of our community to a monthly eConvening Series facilitated by The University of Southern California Race and Equity Center. These live three-hour learning sessions, each on a different topic, will be delivered virtually by highly respected leaders of national higher education associations, tenured professors who study race relations and people of color, chief diversity officers and other experienced administrators, and specialists from the Center. Following each learning session, Allegheny’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion facilitates a debriefing session with eConvening attendees to discuss how insights from the sessions can be applied to the Allegheny community.
All Allegheny College Employees are eligible to attend LACRELA eConvennings. Our goal is to have as many different Allegheny employees as possible participate in the LACRELA eConvening Series. A full list of topics and dates/times for the LACRELA eConvening Series is provided below. Please complete this form to express interest in attending any of these sessions.
Selection for attending each event is based on availability. You will receive a confirmation email with a link for the event if you are selected to attend at least one week before the scheduled session. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Kristin Nicole Dukes, Ph.D., Dean for Institutional Diversity (email@example.com).
2022 LACRELA Monthly eConvening Series, Topics, Dates/Times
*To access materials from previous eConvening seesions, please click the link provided below. Please note, Allegheny College credintials (emaill and password) are required to access previous session recordings and materials.
- Board Strategies to Achieve Racial Equity, Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Centering Racial Equity in Your Student Success Agenda, Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Chief Diversity Officer’s Role in Advancing Racial Equity, Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Classroom Incivility and Productive Conversations About Race, Tuesday, May 24, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Reducing Implicit Bias in The Search and Hiring Process, Friday, June 10, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Race Conscious Enrollment Management, Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Communicating Institutional Progress on Racial Equity Goals, Tuesday, August 16, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Dismantling Persistent Racial Equity Problems in STEM, Friday, September 16, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Making Racial Equity Data Transparent, Friday, October 21, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Understanding Campus Unrest and Responding to Student Protest, Tuesday, November 15, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Using Assessment and Evaluation to Improve Campus Racial Climates, Tuesday, December 6, 2022, 12pm-3pm EST
- Managing and Resolving Racial Tensions in the Workplace, Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 12pm-3pm EST
2021 LACRELA Monthly eConvening Series, Topics, Dates/Times
- Leading Productive Conversations About Racism, Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Fostering and Sustaining Inclusive Classrooms for Students of Color, Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 12 pm–3 pm EST
- Accountability and Incentives for Advancing Racial Equity, Monday, April 5, 2021, 12 pm–3 pm EST
- Confronting Explicit Acts of Racism and Racial Violence on Campus, Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Disaggregating Data to Identify Racial Inequities, Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Recovering from COVID-19 Racial Inequities, Thursday, July 15, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Teaching the Truth About Slavery and America’s Racial History, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Strategically Hiring Faculty of Color, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Supporting and Retaining Faculty of Color, Monday, October 4, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Recruiting and Strategically Diversifying Staff at All Levels, Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Creating Equitable Pathways to Leadership Roles for Employees of Color, Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
- Meaningfully Integrating Racial Topics Across the Curriculum, Monday, Januaray 24, 2021, 12pm–3 pm EST
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
Allegheny offers faculty access to a robust mentorship structure within the campus community and a membership to the NCFDD, which provides on-demand access to mentoring, tools, and support necessary to be successful in the Academy.