The Student Prize for Civility in Public Life is awarded based on nominations from Allegheny students, faculty, staff and administrators. Nominees must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time Allegheny College student
- Be in good academic standing
- Be in good student conduct standing
- Have no record of Honor Code violation anytime during their undergraduate study
- Have a 2.75 or above semester and cumulative GPA
- Be passionate about Allegheny and its Statement of Community
- Demonstrate a readiness to listen to different ideas and opinions and to communicate with civility and respect
Nominations may be submitted by Allegheny faculty, staff, administrators and students. Students may choose to nominate themselves for the award. Nominations must be accompanied with responses to the questions below.
- Please describe your relationship to the nominee and the nominee’s primary area of involvement (academic major, academic, student or other organization, offices held, length of service, etc.).
- Please detail how this nominee has had a significant impact on civility and respect on our campus and beyond.
- What sets this nominee apart from other students?
Nominations open on October 1, 2017, and are due by February 16, 2018, at 4 p.m. Please direct all nominations and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org